Home

Biggest market crash ever?

This is a discussion on Biggest market crash ever? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 17
Biggest market crash ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I know what I will do for 2k17. Wait til round April or May and buy the game at half price, buy any card I want for cheap and build a super lineup, run through RTTP/Gauntlet/Domination. Its much less stressful to just wait and buy the game months later instead of getting it on release and grinding for no reason.

I learned my lesson from last year. That was basically my plan this year except 2k is a day one purchase for me. Its the only game I play and I play a lot of the other online modes. For 2k17 I won't play MT at all if the don't drastically improve the online modes.

I knew the market was going to take a hit but I didn't expect it to be this bad. IMHO the MT producers did a horrible job with the mode this year but the pack odds were fine. They tried to make diamond cards rare as they should be but most of the community weren't okay with that. They gave in and went to the extreme.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #34
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Biggest market crash ever?

On some cards it's regulating a bit. TBT Vince Carter is back at 250 plus.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #35
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

Like I said before the people who are complaing now are the same people who have told people to stop complaing about pack luck in the past

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I learned my lesson from last year. That was basically my plan this year except 2k is a day one purchase for me. Its the only game I play and I play a lot of the other online modes. For 2k17 I won't play MT at all if the don't drastically improve the online modes.

I knew the market was going to take a hit but I didn't expect it to be this bad. IMHO the MT producers did a horrible job with the mode this year but the pack odds were fine. They tried to make diamond cards rare as they should be but most of the community weren't okay with that. They gave in and went to the extreme.
Historic Bill Russell is 50k on XB....MVP version is 100k. Thats all that needs to be said to put it in perspective. I am a day one guy too but not next year. Not gonna say I wont play MT because I probably will....but I wont bother with this game for a good while...when its cheap and the players are cheap like now because the grind isnt worth it. There is never any in between here...its one extreme or the next and piss poor planning. If it was gonna come to this, they shouldve made ever card in the game available from day one.

Yesterday, 2k delivered 3 big FU's. FU to the MT sites, FU to the grinders who actually play the game, and FU to themselves and VC sales. Just seems like they are cashing out and this is their final bid.

Last edited by synistr; 03-19-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:01 PM   #37
Rookie

I'm starting to feel likes it's pointless to grind for diamond MJ. Might just cash out my 1700 cards and pick up MVP diamonds like lebron MJ dr j and wilt
Old 03-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #38
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
Historic Bill Russell is 50k on XB....MVP version is 100k. Thats all that needs to be said to put it in perspective. I am a day one guy too but not next year. Not gonna say I wont play MT because I probably will....but I wont bother with this game for a good while...when its cheap and the players are cheap like now because the grind isnt worth it. There is never any in between here...its one extreme or the next and piss poor planning. If it was gonna come to this, they shouldve made ever card in the game available from day one.

Yesterday, 2k delivered 3 big FU's. FU to the MT sites, FU to the grinders who actually play the game, and FU to themselves and VC sales. Just seems like they are cashing out and this is their final bid.

I feel you man, for collectors or people who were holding on to cards it's a big slap in the face. I don't even wanna know how much of your potential MT got burned. luckily I was only holding on to my main squad and no further card with value. I sold my TBT LBJ as quickly as possible and replaced him with Dr. J when his price came down.
it's kind of dumb how 2K screwed almost every party involved in this mode...even theirselves. it's no use opening 38k boxes when the potential amethyst in the box is selling just for 15k lol. gambeling for diamonds is way to risky imo...it's smarter to buy with the current decrease of prices.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKain
I'm starting to feel likes it's pointless to grind for diamond MJ. Might just cash out my 1700 cards and pick up MVP diamonds like lebron MJ dr j and wilt
dude. no way should you grind for MJ. grinding is over. get your MT rewards and call it a day. MVP MJ is gonna be less than 500k eventually. sell your cards and get him.

I wasnt one of those telling people to sell their cards off but with the market crash, what are you gonna get out of collecting cards right now? the franchise collections still have unreleased players and the rewards are LP packs or a couple VIP packs. worthless.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I feel you man, for collectors or people who were holding on to cards it's a big slap in the face. I don't even wanna know how much of your potential MT got burned. luckily I was only holding on to my main squad and no further card with value. I sold my TBT LBJ as quickly as possible and replaced him with Dr. J when his price came down.
it's kind of dumb how 2K screwed almost every party involved in this mode...even theirselves. it's no use opening 38k boxes when the potential amethyst in the box is selling just for 15k lol. gambeling for diamonds is way to risky imo...it's smarter to buy with the current decrease of prices.
I am not gonna cry about that, charge it to the game, no pun. The one thing I regret was not dumping Diamond Melo last week for 1 mil. I was hedging a lil bit because I thought for sure T-Mac was coming out. Tired of waiting on T-Mac now though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »