Home

Old 03-18-2016, 11:26 PM   #1
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

OVR: 0
Pack Odds

Loving the pack odds. Gives people the chance to finally get some of those desired cards. Plus it evens the playing field imo.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Pack Odds

I think it is going from 1 extreme to the other. The odds were terrible before, and now they are too generous. It's just like how 2k started off with their legend attribute scale and then threw it out the window coming out with fantasy diamond cards. There needs to be more consistency. Don't get me wrong, I like how the pricing are dropping. There are too few ways to generate MT from simply playing the game, and the prices we have been accustomed to have been outrageous. Making elite cards obtainable for the dedicated gamer is a good thing.

With that in mind, I would appreciate more continuity in the mode. Stable pack odds and stable prices. Fifa Ultimate Team seems to do a good job of moderating the price tags in their AH by using price restrictions. Certain tiers or overalls of cards can't be sold below a certain amount or above a certain amount. Sure, they still have the blue Messi going for 2.8 mil or something like that, but the majority of cards are obtainable through just game play and without having to invest any additional money into the game. Of course, for those who have less time on their hands or want to pay for a boost, that option is there.

At the end of the day, I have just about completed building my dream team. I have the majority of my favourite players: Vince, Kobe, Nash, Tmac, Iverson, and KG. If my team was worth 2mil yesterday and now it's worth 1m I don't mind because at the end of the day I just want to create a lineup of all my favourite players. However, the way 2k operates the mode leaves me scratching my head.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:54 AM   #3
Rookie

TDitty21's Arena

I feel like there are simple improvements they can make to help regulate the market. For instance they need to give more value to the collection items by giving rewards for them! I do not understand why they have gone away from doing this. Also the way Madden Ultimate Team uses sets to consume cards to build up for rewards is a great way to regulate the market.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:03 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
I think it is going from 1 extreme to the other. The odds were terrible before, and now they are too generous. It's just like how 2k started off with their legend attribute scale and then threw it out the window coming out with fantasy diamond cards. There needs to be more consistency. Don't get me wrong, I like how the pricing are dropping. There are too few ways to generate MT from simply playing the game, and the prices we have been accustomed to have been outrageous. Making elite cards obtainable for the dedicated gamer is a good thing.

With that in mind, I would appreciate more continuity in the mode. Stable pack odds and stable prices. Fifa Ultimate Team seems to do a good job of moderating the price tags in their AH by using price restrictions. Certain tiers or overalls of cards can't be sold below a certain amount or above a certain amount. Sure, they still have the blue Messi going for 2.8 mil or something like that, but the majority of cards are obtainable through just game play and without having to invest any additional money into the game. Of course, for those who have less time on their hands or want to pay for a boost, that option is there.

At the end of the day, I have just about completed building my dream team. I have the majority of my favourite players: Vince, Kobe, Nash, Tmac, Iverson, and KG. If my team was worth 2mil yesterday and now it's worth 1m I don't mind because at the end of the day I just want to create a lineup of all my favourite players. However, the way 2k operates the mode leaves me scratching my head.
I dont like it one bit because people like me grinded by playing the game. We got ****ed basically. Why? Because they still have a ton of cards they havent released. Its pointless as a collector now and also pointless to play with some of these bronze, silver, and gold cards with Amethysts are going for 8k. The BM has become a huge joke. Diamond Bird and Russell are less than 200k...who would pay 750k for that crap on the BM? Said over again...but they shouldve released all the Historic players and all Challenges from day one. You got people out here grinding for no reason. I didnt even finish RTTP and now I really have no reason or desire to. I just wanted Diamond T-Mac and they keep holding him back for some reason. I would have to say the real players didnt get what they want this year....just a lot of jerking around. I am just pissed because there are rewards that cant be claimed and mediocre player cards that havent been released. To quote the late great B.B. King.....The Thrill is Gone.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #5
Pro

It just depends on how you look at it and what you want. I watched a 1 million MT pack opening and the guy got a lot of amethyst pulls but not one diamond. I opened a decent amount of boxes and got 4 amethyst pulls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17
Pack Odds

Imo the pack odds was fine. The only ridiculous one was the dynamic packs. AS MVP and DPOTY pack odds was perfect.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #7
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Imo the pack odds was fine. The only ridiculous one was the dynamic packs. AS MVP and DPOTY pack odds was perfect.
I kinda agree with you. I do agree it shouldn't be so easy to pull a diamond like a silver but i do see how people didn't like em too.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2016, 08:14 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I dont like it one bit because people like me grinded by playing the game. We got ****ed basically. Why? Because they still have a ton of cards they havent released. Its pointless as a collector now and also pointless to play with some of these bronze, silver, and gold cards with Amethysts are going for 8k. The BM has become a huge joke. Diamond Bird and Russell are less than 200k...who would pay 750k for that crap on the BM? Said over again...but they shouldve released all the Historic players and all Challenges from day one. You got people out here grinding for no reason. I didnt even finish RTTP and now I really have no reason or desire to. I just wanted Diamond T-Mac and they keep holding him back for some reason. I would have to say the real players didnt get what they want this year....just a lot of jerking around. I am just pissed because there are rewards that cant be claimed and mediocre player cards that havent been released. To quote the late great B.B. King.....The Thrill is Gone.
At this point of the game, there is no way for me to generate more MT and add to my team unless I spend money. I can't replay the challenges to get completion rewards - only MT from games to cover contract costs and maybe the odd shoe. There is no more buying and selling cards in the AH, everything just goes down in value. Unless there is a major overhaul to the mode next year, rewarding more MT for gameplay, I will not be playing MyTeam next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »