Home

Gauntlet wins. How many YOU got?

This is a discussion on Gauntlet wins. How many YOU got? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2016, 09:13 PM   #9
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gauntlet wins. How many YOU got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I stayed on 10k board til finished. I still alternate between Gold and 5k board. I have about 3 more prizes on 5k.
Nice I pulled the 10k reward right after my post. LOL. I'm a little short of having enough for Bill so will probably continue the grind.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #10
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

10 gauntlet wins bruh.

9-1 and most of them my opponent quit mid-game so I haven't really desired to play more.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 03-20-2016, 01:02 AM   #11
MVP

Just got my 92nd win, only. For some reason, have been getting Gauntlet games really readily tonight (PC, West Coast). And while I normally feel like I win/lose around 60/40%, tonight it feels as if it's a bunch of newbies playing. Lots of early quits...well before one could tell how the game will turn out.

Just beat a guy who had MVP Curry, Lakers Wilt, and I forget who, while I had ASMVP Richmond, DYN Tibor Pleiss, and DYN Hezonja. He mostly tried to drive or take threes with Curry. Only took three shots total with Wilt, despite Wilt being guarded by Tibor Pleiss. Mystifying, but I'll take the weird play because I thought he was going to slaughter me.

Have been on the Gold Board as soon as I qualified. When the game first started, I was really excited at the prospect of getting Amethyst Drexler, but that's obviously not a big deal now. I'm appreciating the fact that the Gold board gives you some good badges. Something like one premium badge per 2 or 3 Gauntlet wins. Not the biggest deal, but a nice reward. Much better than getting a Current Gold player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 02:23 AM   #12
Pro

Gold board is the way to go. If you're planning on binging for a couple hours, it's a great way to snag rare badges and quicksell gold players. I have also pulled Melo, Blake, pg and boogie. Now they are chump change, but when they were 6-10k each, that was clutch.

I still have 1 10k board and a pile of 5k boards yet still find myself going with gold more than not.

.ride the spiral.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
Gold board is the way to go. If you're planning on binging for a couple hours, it's a great way to snag rare badges and quicksell gold players.
Yeah, that's what I'm finding. And I always play through to end or three losses, in order to get at least single draws off of losses, and to get more than two draws off of later wins.

The Badge draws tend to be pretty good, it seems. And, on PC, it doesn't matter too much if I never pull the Gold player on the board. Right now, most won't sell for over 2000MT, so I'm generally just quick-selling them. And Silvers will sell on the AH for at least 1000MT.

Don't really care about getting AMY Clyde, but would like to get to the Amethyst board to, hopefully, have even higher MT value reward pulls. And because, for some reason, ever since I got into Seed 4, I cannot get an RttP game but can get Gauntlet games more readily than ever before.

I think, maybe, on PC, Steam sales have upped population and there's a lot of new players on Gauntlet. I feel like, before, I'd play the same five or six guys over and over and half the games were really tough competitions for me, with a quarter of them having me getting blown out, and me blowing the opponent out in a quarter of them.

Now at least half of the games I've been getting are against really poor players. Played a guy with a 3 Diamond lineup, with one being a Center, while I had a Bronze PF as my biggest guy. He spent the whole game bricking threes with Diamond Jimmy Butler and didn't even try to exploit the inside matchup.

Lots of games against guys who have no idea how to create an open shot, and who just run around and pull size-ups, hoping that they'll break an ankle. Or chuck inbound passes way up the court and turbo in for a dunk, which gets through a decent amount of the time, but is usually the sign of a guy who can't score any other way.

Played a guy last night who, totally inexplicably, did almost nothing but launch threes with LeBron, most of them contested. 3-18.

Not sure if it was fun or not, but getting free Microwave and other premium badges made it seem worthwhile.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #14
MVP

I am kinda pissed right now that I put all these hours into playing the game when I couldve just saved up my 3 mil in snipes and bought every desirable player in the game. with that said, I am gonna be super pissed if they dont give us some of these new rewards in Gauntlet. there should be a new Amethyst board and a new Diamond board. I am sure I have enough wins to qualify immediately as I am close to 1k. Amethyst Havlicek and Diamond Mailman would be just fine.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:51 PM   #15
Rookie

I have about 2k. I love Gauntlet. I hope they add a 5v5 version of it next year. As a big bball fan playing with different players is kinda of fun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 10:39 PM   #16
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

However many you need to clear the first table lol. 10 I think? I haven't touched it after beating the first table. It is fun though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »