Home

Gauntlet wins. How many YOU got?

This is a discussion on Gauntlet wins. How many YOU got? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 04:42 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Gauntlet wins. How many YOU got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by start it up
Your agruements are petty. I play both modes consistently. The same things that work in Gauntlet also work in RTTP. Your not playing much of a different game in Gauntlet. I really don't have time to go over EVERY single difference between the two modes, but I'm sure you will. As far as fatigue I've screenshot a box score from a OSN rttp game. (One in which he won) This should point out how much of a role fatigue plays.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He barely won that game to a inferior team and he said he wasn't able to get 81 pts because of stamina.

You can choose not to rest your starter but the are going to be less effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
He barely won that game to a inferior team and he said he wasn't able to get 81 pts because of stamina.

You can choose not to rest your starter but the are going to be less effective.
Inferior or superior matters not. Barely winning or blowout really doesnt matter. Had the quarters been longer clearly he reaches 81, but that's not even my point .Yes you lose stamina, but it is very easy to recover. Very rarely does one player play every single minute of a game. Never has an entire starting 5 played every single minute. It should not be possible to win like this.
The areas where fatigue matter the most IRL they don't on 2k.
On 2k while playing major minutes
1) Players can still defend and rebound at a high level
2) Participate in Fast breaks on either offense or defense
3) Drive to the basket and draw fouls.
4) Compete for loose balls and tipped passes
It doesn't matter how "less effective" a player is if he can still be competitive in major components of the game.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Inferior or superior matters not. Barely winning or blowout really doesnt matter. Had the quarters been longer clearly he reaches 81, but that's not even my point .Yes you lose stamina, but it is very easy to recover. Very rarely does one player play every single minute of a game. Never has an entire starting 5 played every single minute. It should not be possible to win like this.
The areas where fatigue matter the most IRL they don't on 2k.
On 2k while playing major minutes
1) Players can still defend and rebound at a high level
2) Participate in Fast breaks on either offense or defense
3) Drive to the basket and draw fouls.
4) Compete for loose balls and tipped passes
It doesn't matter how "less effective" a player is if he can still be competitive in major components of the game.

You said it was a non factor and used the screenshot to help prove your point. Which isn't true, fatigue is a factor and if you choose not to rest your player you'll be at a disadvantage vs someone that's making subs. Is fatigue tune perfectly for a 20 min game, NO! No one said it was but it's defiantly a factor.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
You said it was a non factor and used the screenshot to help prove your point. Which isn't true, fatigue is a factor and if you choose not to rest your player you'll be at a disadvantage vs someone that's making subs. Is fatigue tune perfectly for a 20 min game, NO! No one said it was but it's defiantly a factor.
Your at a disadvantage because you can't do what exactly? Score 81 points? Lol. At most guys need to sit for 1 or 2 minutes. But If you want to win your petty Internet argument go ahead.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Your at a disadvantage because you can't do what exactly? Score 81 points? Lol. At most guys need to sit for 1 or 2 minutes. But If you want to win your petty Internet argument go ahead.

You're getting defensive, lol.

Not trying to win anything, I'm just pointing out facts. And the fact still remains, fatigue is a factor in 5v5 gameplay and it's not in the gauntlet gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
You're getting defensive, lol.

Not trying to win anything, I'm just pointing out facts. And the fact still remains, fatigue is a factor in 5v5 gameplay and it's not in the gauntlet gameplay.
I never said fatigue played a factor in Gauntlet. My point is it doesn't really play much of one in RTTP. Reading is fundamental bro.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
I never said fatigue played a factor in Gauntlet. My point is it doesn't really play much of one in RTTP. Reading is fundamental bro.

"Reading is fundamental bro"

Take your own advice!

I didn't say you said it played a factor in gauntlet. Just stating facts!
Old 03-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
No, actually you said "fatigue plays no factor." It seems silly to try to throw out "reading comprehension, yo" put-downs when you can't even represent your own statements accurately.

You seem to think that this needs to be an argument and that you need to take some sort of dramatic stand.

All I was discussing was the various ways in which Gauntlet feels cheesier than RttP. "Cheesier," not "ultra crazy mega cheese." If you don't see any sort of distinction between Gauntlet and RttP, in this regard, it would be interesting to read an account of your thoughts, rather than put-downs of other people and wholesale dismissals of their perceptions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »