Home

The 4th seed difficulty cheese needs to go.

This is a discussion on The 4th seed difficulty cheese needs to go. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The 4th seed difficulty cheese needs to go.

I have a diamond team and get matched up with seed 4 players all the time. They always give me the hardest challenge. Gold Westbrook can go 4-4 from three, but Diamond Melo may go 1-4. I've learned to abuse the post the whole game and not shoot threes.

Usually players that are stuck in seed 4 never make it out of seed 3. They never learn to play on higher difficulties. They just run side to side and try to jack up threes. Or you see them pass the ball around the perimeter to see if anyone gets open.

Having lower difficulties teaches players bad habits and they never learn to play the game. Then when a seed 4 player beats a 95+ rated seed 3 or higher, they post on forums and pretend like they are the best player in the world.

I replayed a guy the other day that said I only beat him because of my team. I told him that the only reason he was even in the game was because of the seed 4 difficulty. I played him in a friendly right after and smashed him with gold players. He rage quit after the second half. I unleashed my gold T-Mac and Peja on him.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
I have a diamond team and get matched up with seed 4 players all the time. They always give me the hardest challenge. Gold Westbrook can go 4-4 from three, but Diamond Melo may go 1-4. I've learned to abuse the post the whole game and not shoot threes.

Usually players that are stuck in seed 4 never make it out of seed 3. They never learn to play on higher difficulties. They just run side to side and try to jack up threes. Or you see them pass the ball around the perimeter to see if anyone gets open.

Having lower difficulties teaches players bad habits and they never learn to play the game. Then when a seed 4 player beats a 95+ rated seed 3 or higher, they post on forums and pretend like they are the best player in the world.

I replayed a guy the other day that said I only beat him because of my team. I told him that the only reason he was even in the game was because of the seed 4 difficulty. I played him in a friendly right after and smashed him with gold players. He rage quit after the second half. I unleashed my gold T-Mac and Peja on him.
basically this is probably the most sophisticated video game ever to have novices matched against advanced players and vise-versa.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:14 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
Badged out Diamond Melo on All Star, ridiculous.
Yeah 4 players on deny. Controlling diamond wilt under the paint that can block many shots as even defense is easier.

Some games I get to win because I play really focused low pace and abuse manual cuts. Still they will hit any contested moving zigzag shot or do some 1 vs all layup with mvp rose to keep in the game. Honestly I am OK losing to a better opponent or even a slightly worse player that spent more time or money to build a better team than mine.
I want equal chances though
But I rage really hard when I get a 6 points lead and then concede 2 consecutive fully contested 3s.

Evenmore noone becomes better after a game like that as already stated.
2k is the only game I know that punishes a player for being better and have no problem admitting it

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-12-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #12
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Yeah 4 players on deny. Controlling diamond wilt under the paint that can block many shots as even defense is easier.

Some games I get to win because I play really focused low pace and abuse manual cuts. Still they will hit any contested moving zigzag shot or do some 1 vs all layup with mvp rose to keep in the game. Honestly I am OK losing to a better opponent or even a slightly worse player that spent more time or money to build a better team than mine.
I want equal chances though
But I rage really hard when I get a 6 points lead and then concede 2 consecutive fully contested 3s.

Evenmore noone becomes better after a game like that as already stated.
2k is the only game I know that punishes a player for being better and have no problem admitting it

This. Imagine using non-diamond players and playing against these scrubs. From my experience it's even more of a bigger headache. Some guys I've played shoot well over 60% from deep on contested looks consistently. It's a joke and forces you to play in a conservative matter while your opponent enjoys all the fun. I find it's very crucial to use players you can shoot with reliably. Despite Reward Mullin's athleticism, I'm guaranteed to shoot minimum 50% from deep. Same goes for Lillard and Moments Klay. I shoot from deep with these guys mainly just so I can satisfy my competitive urge when I see a 4th seed bum (1.25 diff. multiplier player) jack up shots. It seems 3pt ratings over 90 is needed to compete if you're a 1st seed player like myself. But for these 4th seeders high 70s and mid to low 80s is more than suffice to compete and given the upper edge anyway.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #13
Pro

they Def need to fix this bs, I stopped playing for a few weeks because I'm tired of facing 4th seed teams.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #14
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

It dont bother me the better more skilled user will win in the end
Old 04-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
I am sorry but this is not the case.

Eventually you may be more skilled but not overskilled enough to overcome his diamond squad on easier sliders.

I might be more skilled but if he just won't miss contested 3s and post-ups, eventually I will lose. Truthfully I have lost game where I had 70% FGs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth

What about equally skilled players? Why should one person have an advantage over the other. It not about wining or losing its about competing on a even playing field.

This needs to end, RTTP is supposed to be a competitive mode. Why on earth are we facing opponents that are playing on different difficulty settings. It's just ridiculous at this point, why isn't it a fixed difficulty setting throughout RTTP

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »