Home

The 4th seed difficulty cheese needs to go.

This is a discussion on The 4th seed difficulty cheese needs to go. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The 4th seed difficulty cheese needs to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
What about equally skilled players? Why should one person have an advantage over the other. It not about wining or losing its about competing on a even playing field.

This needs to end, RTTP is supposed to be a competitive mode. Why on earth are we facing opponents that are playing on different difficulty settings. It's just ridiculous at this point, why isn't it a fixed difficulty setting throughout RTTP
I really don't understand why the game PUNISHES the better player or even the player that has devoted more time playing the game to reach seed 1 vs the casual who plays the game once in a while, and he is in 4th seed.

In every game (2k included) there is a theory about rubber-banding, scripting etc and people accept it as a superfact and other people deny it.

of course EVERY company denies any sense of scrpiting as this would make her lose ANY credibility.

Yet here we are in a game, with a company OFFICIALLY stating in it's rules that it favors one player over another, and I am supposed to be ok with this?
Old 04-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #18
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

1st seed players shouldn't be getting matched up with 4th seed players to begin with.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:44 PM   #19
Rookie

Lot of crying and whining going on because you lost 1 game. In basketball sometimes things happen. Just yesterday Jonas Valanciunas grabbed 19 rebounds. Just chalk it up because BS doesn't happen all the time.

Maybe YOU as a player had an off game. Maybe you saw your opponent's lineup, thought it was sweet,relaxed a bit too much and they spiked up and whooped you. Maybe it was your 6th game of the day.

RTTP is like March Madness...sometimes the little team that could beats the "better" team. Deal with it.

I just beat a team with 10 diamond players and I don't have 1 diamond at all. I basically have the cheapest Amethyst players like Dave Cowens and Mark aguirre. He was cheesing with 98 rated Jordan the entire time and trying for steals and all I did was make layups, dunks and free throws.

I also lost a game to a guy that had Purple Draymond Green starting at PG. I could barely throw a pass.

I haven't even beaten the 1st seed because I don't have the horses to do so. I also don't have the time nor desire to learn a playbook nor try to play a perfect game.

I come on here and it's all this crying but yall rolling with Diamond T-Mac and TWolves KG etc. Yall need to stop it.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:52 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitysoul
Lot of crying and whining going on because you lost 1 game. In basketball sometimes things happen. Just yesterday Jonas Valanciunas grabbed 19 rebounds. Just chalk it up because BS doesn't happen all the time.

Maybe YOU as a player had an off game. Maybe you saw your opponent's lineup, thought it was sweet,relaxed a bit too much and they spiked up and whooped you. Maybe it was your 6th game of the day.

RTTP is like March Madness...sometimes the little team that could beats the "better" team. Deal with it.

I just beat a team with 10 diamond players and I don't have 1 diamond at all. I basically have the cheapest Amethyst players like Dave Cowens and Mark aguirre. He was cheesing with 98 rated Jordan the entire time and trying for steals and all I did was make layups, dunks and free throws.

I also lost a game to a guy that had Purple Draymond Green starting at PG. I could barely throw a pass.

I haven't even beaten the 1st seed because I don't have the horses to do so. I also don't have the time nor desire to learn a playbook nor try to play a perfect game.

I come on here and it's all this crying but yall rolling with Diamond T-Mac and TWolves KG etc. Yall need to stop it.
Lol man, you need to stop it. I have no diamond players and yet I have finished RTTP more than 13-15 times both wth my first line-up and also with my second. You do nothing but accuse others. What part of players should matched against others on SAME difficulty sliders you didn't understand?

So having a worse team most of the time since I run also my second line-up I have beaten many times better teams.
It's not about being worse or better, nor that it happens once in a while. It happens because they play on lower difficulty level.

I played a guy over the weekend (saturday) in my seed 1 first game and lost. He had a line-up cheesing all game with inbound and Westbrook. He also had 10/12 3s going 4/4 with Westbrook. Game multiplier was 1.25 (4th seed)

I played the SAME player yesterday (Sunday) and he had Hayes on bench. I won by 20 and and guess what, he continued chunking 3s with Westbrook with a multiplier of 1,5 and of course he missed.

Seeing your comments and the offense you make to they players who just want to play a FAIR game, makes me think you just want to play on lower level just because you can not beat fair and square.

Lol if you can't beat a team with 91 PF Green at PG... I understand why you need to play on lower difficulty settings.

I would be fine playing seed 1-2 players only and losing most/more of the games. As of now I have 6 straight RTTP seed 1 titles. You think I care about another one? It is not about winning or losing but it is terrible when the game awards chucking up contesting 3s and hero-ball and punishing wide opens and good-basketball

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-18-2016 at 03:58 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #21
MVP

Things are getting worse and worse.

I get matched up against 4th seeders in 50% of my games.

With MVP packs in rediculous drop rates and Diamonds easily obtained, it is nightmare to face 95+ squads.

How is Jabbar, or even Gilmore and MVP Durant or Diamond Players in All-star level?

Get the ball to MVP rose in 4th seed, drive to the paint for an automatic two..

Unrestricted seed should be matched in SAME difficulty level.
Last year it was spamming 3s with tremendous %, but this year is even worse because scoring in the paint is much easier than 2k15, so you just need to pass the ball to the paint.

Even Gold Aldridge in nearly impossible to stop in all-star level...

I have beaten RTTP more than 15 times, also with a line-up with 3 amethysts and rest gold.

Now trying different squads is almost impossible. You just can not compete against a superstacked team on a different difficulty level.

There are games that I have 17/21 FG's and I am tied or something. This aint normal

Last edited by kabamaru; 05-18-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 01:40 PM   #22
Rookie

Can someone please explain the multiplier to me? What does it mean after the game when the difficulty is multiplied by 1.25 or 1.5?

Also, just curious, does anyone know if you make it to say, the 5 seed, and are then demoted back to the 7th seed, does the game match you up against higher ranked opponents or do you really play against 7th seed guys?
Old 05-31-2016, 03:26 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent916
Can someone please explain the multiplier to me? What does it mean after the game when the difficulty is multiplied by 1.25 or 1.5?

Also, just curious, does anyone know if you make it to say, the 5 seed, and are then demoted back to the 7th seed, does the game match you up against higher ranked opponents or do you really play against 7th seed guys?
The multiplier corresponds with the Difficulty level on which you're playing (which you have no control over). 1.25 should be All-Star, 1.5 Superstar, and 1.75 Hall of Fame, I believe.

You only play people playing with same lineup restrictions. So if you're in 7th Seed, I think that's a 3 Gold round, right? Then you would be playing people who could be in Seed 7, 6, and 5, not just Seed 7 opponents. If you're in Seed 4, you could be playing anyone in Seeds 4, 3, 2, and 1.

And, in Seed 4, you're on All-Star whereas Seeds 3, 2, and 1 are on Superstar...hence the reason behind this thread.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:55 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
The multiplier corresponds with the Difficulty level on which you're playing (which you have no control over). 1.25 should be All-Star, 1.5 Superstar, and 1.75 Hall of Fame, I believe.

You only play people playing with same lineup restrictions. So if you're in 7th Seed, I think that's a 3 Gold round, right? Then you would be playing people who could be in Seed 7, 6, and 5, not just Seed 7 opponents. If you're in Seed 4, you could be playing anyone in Seeds 4, 3, 2, and 1.

And, in Seed 4, you're on All-Star whereas Seeds 3, 2, and 1 are on Superstar...hence the reason behind this thread.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »