Home

Michael Jordan and 3-Point Shooting, what's up???

This is a discussion on Michael Jordan and 3-Point Shooting, what's up??? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Michael Jordan and 3-Point Shooting, what's up???

It's actually that way in the league IRL. The mid-range shot is a lost art.
(statistically speaking, it's less effective than shooting 3s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
Mid-range is very underrated and underused in this game.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #18
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm wondering if MVP MJ is worth the price when compared to the DPOY version. Is the 78 3pt rating going to get him hitting at a higher clip that can be considered significant ? As far as midrange I don't find it a big deal since you can give him a shoe. DPOY is more athletic but defense isn't as good as the MVP version. It's already beastly so will the bump in defense be noticeable? I'm lost because despite the ratings, gameplay and tendencies in-game are more important. I've been selling cards and sitting on 550k mt (on ps4). I have moments Klay and Draymond sharing minutes with Hakeem at center and Power forward. I still have more cards to sell but I'm not trying to waste mt if I don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #19
Rookie

@legitskillz

I picked him up and the biggest difference is that people don't sag off Jordan around the perimeter anymore. His added strength makes it easier to finish around the rim.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:31 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
I'm wondering if MVP MJ is worth the price when compared to the DPOY version. Is the 78 3pt rating going to get him hitting at a higher clip that can be considered significant ? As far as midrange I don't find it a big deal since you can give him a shoe. DPOY is more athletic but defense isn't as good as the MVP version. It's already beastly so will the bump in defense be noticeable? I'm lost because despite the ratings, gameplay and tendencies in-game are more important. I've been selling cards and sitting on 550k mt (on ps4). I have moments Klay and Draymond sharing minutes with Hakeem at center and Power forward. I still have more cards to sell but I'm not trying to waste mt if I don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically the only noticeable difference will is the 3 ball rating. It depends on how much you value the 3pt shot. Imo +300k for the ability to hit the 3 pt shot isn't worth.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Basically the only noticeable difference will is the 3 ball rating. It depends on how much you value the 3pt shot. Imo +300k for the ability to hit the 3 pt shot isn't worth.
Well, it's not just three point. It's floor spacing and better post game. Floor spacing is really important in almost any offense. It also limits double teams.

With DPOTY Jordan, if he's out on the corner then defender can leave him wide open and collapse on your drive since they don't respect his perimeter game.

This is also helpful when you crash the glass with your SG because if they get the rebound and pass the ball to DPTY Jordan, he has to step in and that gives the defender time to get back and stop a drive or mid range jumper.

If the same issue occurs with MVP Jordan is an easy look at three and with the new patch it's money.

The other one is difference is strength. When I had DPOTY Jordan he could not handle Leonard's defense. This Jordan can take him on with no problems.

Last edited by Danbuc09; 03-21-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
It's a huge difference. If the 3-point threat is not only viable, but a threat to a point of concern, then:

1. The entire team will have more offensive spacing. His defender will not be so readily available to provide help with MJ's teammates. Probably would be most apparent when posting up with a big and MJ's defender being much more free to double-team/go for the steal.

2. It makes MJ's strengths stronger. If defenders can sag off him, it blunts his ability to drive to the hole. Being able to stand back a couple/few feet greatly reduces the angles and room to work with that MJ can use to blow past his defender, 1-on-1.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 13

Lol you obviously never watched MJ play OP
Old 03-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
Well, it's not just three point. It's floor spacing and better post game. Floor spacing is really important in almost any offense. It also limits double teams.

With DPOTY Jordan, if he's out on the corner then defender can leave him wide open and collapse on your drive since they don't respect his perimeter game.

This is also helpful when you crash the glass with your SG because if they get the rebound and pass the ball to DPTY Jordan, he has to step in and that gives the defender time to get back and stop a drive or mid range jumper.

If the same issue occurs with MVP Jordan is an easy look at three and with the new patch it's money.

The other one is difference is strength. When I had DPOTY Jordan he could not handle Leonard's defense. This Jordan can take him on with no problems.

I hear you all that plays into 3pt rating, most of that won't be an issue if you use him as your primary ball handler. It he strength increase is good but let's not act like a 68 vs 57 makes a world of a difference. It's not worth the difference of MT to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
2. It makes MJ's strengths stronger. If defenders can sag off him, it blunts his ability to drive to the hole. Being able to stand back a couple/few feet greatly reduces the angles and room to work with that MJ can use to blow past his defender, 1-on-1.

In my experience its a lot easier to bet ppl off the dribble when the sag off. The defender has more time to react and cut you off but with the extra space you can change directions freely. When you're crowded it impossible to get some dribble animations off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »