Home

Getting RttP Matches on PC (Esp. West Coast)

This is a discussion on Getting RttP Matches on PC (Esp. West Coast) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Getting RttP Matches on PC (Esp. West Coast)

Sorry for the niche post, but the "NBA 2K PC Forum" seems to be primarily about modding and rosters.

Anybody else here playing on PC and playing on the West Coast? I'm really curious as to what times of the day and days of the week people have had good luck getting matches in RttP.

About a week or so ago, I finally cleared Seed 5 and moved into Seed 4...Unrestricted for the first time. In the week prior, playing Seed 5, I suddenly seemed to be getting games fairly regularly. But since getting into Seed 4, I haven't gotten a single match.

I'm often trying very late at night in my time zone, at least past midnight. But I've also tried at, say, 10-11pm on weeknights or at various times on weekends. And have, several times, tried leaving it searching for 30 minutes or more. Nada.

It's mind-boggling because, the way I imagine it, if I cannot get a game match, that means that there is no other person, at that time, in my time zone, looking for a match in Seeds 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I've tried using a proxy service to get onto other servers. If I go East Coast, the games are playable but lag is bad enough that I can't hit wide-open midrange jumpers reliably. Even in Gauntlet. Foreign servers are unplayably laggy. Don't think there's a Central/Midwestern server.

If anyone else here is on PC and West Coast, feel free to add me on Steam. User name is "harrylundt."

Even if you're not in Unrestricted Seeds, perhaps we can play through PvP Online Challenges. (And do something like play for real until there is a winner, and then winner still starts, but quits matches to give wins to the loser so that he can also complete the Challenge, if he wants to do it that way.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Getting RttP Matches on PC (Esp. West Coast)

Finally got my first game in RttP Seed 4, after over a week of trying. Curiously enough, got it within a couple minutes...right around 9pm.

Started getting worked right off the bat, by someone who was draining every three he took with Historic Jerry West. Taking them right off the dribble, off of perimeter screens. And pull-up threes in transition.

I ended up pushing pace and pushing the line of "cheese" in terms of fast breaks. I don't just turbo up the wings of the court with a fast PG, and I never do 3/4 or full-court passes. But I do inbound to my PG around a 1/4 or 1/3rd of the way up the court run or even turbo across halfcourt and then pass to a streaking SG or SF on one wing and then look out for the other one streaking toward basket on the opposite wing.

Got it back to a competitive game and, in the meantime, think my opponent was getting pissed and he started trying to fight fire with fire with fast breaks. But, he kept trying to throw down alley-oops, most of which my guys, luckily, blocked on their own. I had slowed things down on my end and was getting set in halfcourt before trying to score, mostly with PG penetration and then taking advantage of whatever looks opened up due to that. I took the lead and started building it into double digits and he ended up playing on full tilt. Game was still winnable for him, but he ended up quitting halfway through the 4th Quarter.

Interesting experience for me. It was first RttP/5-on-5 game I'd played in just about 2 weeks. Had otherwise been playing 5-on-5 vs. CPU and a lot of Gauntlet. It's funny how much one needs to regularly play PvP 5-on-5 to play it proficiently. I was a spaz for pretty much the entire 1st quarter and, for the first half, was playing kind of frantically and loose.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

I'm surprised he didn't cheat engine quit
Old 03-30-2016, 04:13 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx
I'm surprised he didn't cheat engine quit
I actually haven't encountered a Cheat Engine player for quite a long time now...not for some months now.

Still, however, really tough to get a game match.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:07 AM   #5
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I actually haven't encountered a Cheat Engine player for quite a long time now...not for some months now.

Still, however, really tough to get a game match.
Same. The only happen in Gauntlet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Same. The only happen in Gauntlet.
I actually haven't gotten any in Gauntlet. And I have played many more Gauntlet games than RttP games.

Recently, I haven't even been getting guys who pull the "Won't Quit But Will Leave It On Pause" crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »