Home

The REAL Reason for Crash

This is a discussion on The REAL Reason for Crash within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 05:06 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
The REAL Reason for Crash

Pack odds were increased, but the duplicators waited til MVP pack to come back out of the woodworks in full force. I bought a card today and it has devalued since there are 4 duplicates of it up today (and I bought one of the dupes this morning thinking it was a snipe, then a few min later another one appeared, now when I get back home there are 5 of them up, smh). So instead of making about 100k profit off this card right now I will lose about 20k and even more as the day goes on. I am about done with this game. Anyone on XB1 PM me right now for proof of this bull****.

Last edited by synistr; 03-25-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The REAL Reason for Crash

I like that now I'm able to afford these cards so I can use them and play. I paid $60 to Play with some of my fave players throughout the years. I didn't pay $60 to play a glorified eBay game.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:27 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegetableLasagna
I like that now I'm able to afford these cards so I can use them and play. I paid $60 to Play with some of my fave players throughout the years. I didn't pay $60 to play a glorified eBay game.
if the market is soft due to increased pack odds I am cool with that. but I dont buy MT and I dont cheat. its a fricken video game. if I gotta do that, why bother? here I am grinding for Dr. J and some S.O.B. out here devaluing the cards with dupes. smart people, collectors who actually PLAY the game and sim ballers have no place in this game, its a ****ing cheater's sesspool.

Last edited by synistr; 03-25-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I thought the market prices rose for the most part. Every important card I wanted rose in price, now I have to wait till Wilt comes back down to 200k like he was before Thursday. Same thing with TBT Melo and a few others.

If anything, they LOWERED the odds due to everyone having 40% off VC bundles. Lots of complaints on other websites that I read about the pack odds being bumped.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:17 PM   #5
Rookie

It has been am interesting ride. The diamond cards I am looking for would have been cheaper to get last week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 10:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
If anything, they LOWERED the odds due to everyone having 40% off VC bundles. Lots of complaints on other websites that I read about the pack odds being bumped.

Y'all really make 2k seem like they're evil and have it out for their customers. They want to encourage ppl to buy VC with the sale, lowering the odds does the opposite. They want to make money that's why they increased the odds, rushed the MVP packs out then put VC on sale.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I thought the market prices rose for the most part. Every important card I wanted rose in price, now I have to wait till Wilt comes back down to 200k like he was before Thursday. Same thing with TBT Melo and a few others.

yes, most have risen this weekend, some are cheaper though and when you notice this you will see the dupes. The market prices have gone up mainly due to a wack TBT and FBF. No reason to dump cards for.

I am talking about the flood of Diamond cards on the market. you are saying they went up but they are still cheap compared to the value before MVP packs. The dupers were smart. instead of just "giving away" cards, they have been subtle about it. They are setting the price, but nothing that will stand out.

I am not sure how good the Diamond odds were last week so I cant speak on that. I can say I see the dupes. So I know this was a contributor and the pack odds may have been an aberration, as far as Diamond pulls. There was one Diamond card today that I saw 4 copies of at one point. If there are 10 dupes of each card (not on AH at once) then that could possibly explain why some cards are so cheap. Think about it...Wilt, Oscar, Kemba, etc....have gone up while MJ, MVP Kobe and LBJ have actually gone down. I seen all 3 for 450k or less today.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:58 PM   #8
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I like to think they have some sort of algorithm that adjusts the odds based on how many are being opened at the time and how many of those pulls are diamonds or amethysts. That could account for the appearance of lower pack odds after the sale.

It's obviously nothing concrete, but nearly all of my dope pulls have been after midnight my time. That's just my theory I like to float around.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »