Home

Is there something going on deeper than winning and losing?

This is a discussion on Is there something going on deeper than winning and losing? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2016, 10:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Is there something going on deeper than winning and losing?

Hi guys,

Hate to sound bitter and whiny but I've got to the point where I just can't stand this anymore.

I went to the 3rd seed on my first try in myteam losing around 2 games along the way. I lost the 3rd seed by one game and had to restart. This is when my problems started.

Since then I have gone down to the 5th seed, back to 4, back to 5 over and over. All of a sudden I can't win. I have managed to win 5 games to stay in seed 4 a couple of times but more often than not I get demoted again. I haven't been back to seed 3 once.

I don't wanna hear that I'm not good enough at the game because how was it able to be 1 game away from seed 2 having only lost 2 games in total?

I've read about the same thing happening in fifa and I seriously think there is some weird game behaviour that is keeping me from winning on purpose. I am playing exactly the same as I did before and I have improved my team since. I seem to have weird stuff happen to me to make me lose. 9/10 games I lose are by 2 or 3 points. Im having offensive 3 second calls and defensive 3 second calls on AI CONTROLLED PLAYERS, so I can't even influence that. I am missing wide open shots constantly. I make about 1/7 wide open shots with people like klay Melo etc. All timed perfectly and released on the line.

I am missing around 5 or 6 freethrows a game even when they are released on the line with shooters who have ratings in the 70s/80s.

What gives?is it just me this is happening to?

Will get some game footage up soon to prove 2K is forcing me to lose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Is there something going on deeper than winning and losing?

Forgot to mention, EVERYTIME I go back to the 5th seed I always win like 7-0 or 7-1. I never lost more than 1 game in that seed. As soon as I hit the 4th all of a sudden I turn into crap again. It's insane. I don't change the way I play.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

To be honest I don't feel game is scripted (like FIFA could be).

Momentum exists, but sometimes I notice myself when on losing streak I try to force things.

Of course there are games that my opponent won't miss, but I have this kind of games too.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Honestly, I feel like your problem is that you expect to get screwed, so that's what happens..... but I will show your experience some respect

I have a friend who is amazing at 2k, but has the exact same problem as you just described... and I've seen it with my own two eyes. Outside of RTTP he's a monster.... he's one of the best on-ball defenders in mypark and has a 47-4 record in PNO. The same thing is true with his brother. i don't know if you've spent any money on the game, but my friends did research and think that 2k adjusts your sliders and ai if you don't spend much money on the game to trick you into thinking you need a better team and therefore buying vc. I honestly believe that it's just that you expect to get screwed and it happens that way, it's happened to all of us....I don't think something bigger is going on, but wouldnt rule it out. A lot of people complain about the same issue in ante-up at the park, when it comes to keeping a streak.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles
Honestly, I feel like your problem is that you expect to get screwed, so that's what happens..... but I will show your experience some respect

I have a friend who is amazing at 2k, but has the exact same problem as you just described... and I've seen it with my own two eyes. Outside of RTTP he's a monster.... he's one of the best on-ball defenders in mypark and has a 47-4 record in PNO. The same thing is true with his brother. i don't know if you've spent any money on the game, but my friends did research and think that 2k adjusts your sliders and ai if you don't spend much money on the game to trick you into thinking you need a better team and therefore buying vc. I honestly believe that it's just that you expect to get screwed and it happens that way, it's happened to all of us....I don't think something bigger is going on, but wouldnt rule it out. A lot of people complain about the same issue in ante-up at the park, when it comes to keeping a streak.
Yeah that's interesting because I can win in PNO almost every time even using teams way worse than my opponent. I have always won about 90% of online quick ranked games. Even in gauntlet I win almost every game (can't see my record but I have lost no more than 10 games whilst winning 120 or so).

I have spent a couple of pounds in myteam on packs but not much. I honestly feel like that conspiracy theory is true lol. Maybe I just have a negative Outlook on the mode and it's making me lose, I don't know.

All I know is in all other modes I win 90% of games and I probably have a 50% winning record or less overall now on myteam and it's always random things that I can't control that happen.

Good to know at least one other person has this issue though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 11:01 AM   #6
Banned

The other thing that is weird is that the first time I beat seed 4 7-0 or 8-0 and then I won 7 or so games in seed 3, and now I can't replicate that success with a better team? Also like I said every time I go back to seed 5 I win almost every game except for the odd loss, but I never lose more than 1 to get back to seed 3.

It's honestly like magic that as soon as I hit seed 4 again the madness happens.

It must be psychological I guess but it's so odd.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #7
Rookie

It really is odd, when I let my friend play on my Xbox he wins every single game easily. The only reason I'm skeptical to whether or not it's a real thing is because there are so many people who don't spend money and I wonder how they'd randomly choose.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
QNo
MVP

PNO is much easier to beat if you're a good 2k player who runs a normal offense with plays etc. RTTP is on a lower difficulty and everybody has All-Stars in their lineup so a lot more BS shots go in. You basically have to be able to defend a lot more cheese. Momentum swings are also bigger because all of those superstars have lots of personality badges that affect momentum. So you have to be tough mentally as well, if some of the BS that happens causes you ro rage quickly you are much more likely to lose.

Of course, some will come in here and swear that momentum code exists because they can 'feel it'. Think about it this way, though: Even if it did exist, believing that it doesn't will cause your results to be better. Why? Because if you believe that it does exist you will chalk up everything bad that happens to you to 2k hating your guts. You won't try as hard because you will believe that you don't have as much control over the game as you should. On the other side, if you believe that there is no code, you are more likely to take responsibility for the mistakes you've made, and try to objectively think about why you're losing and what you can do to change that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »