Home

Cannot win in RTTP unrestricted to save my life.

This is a discussion on Cannot win in RTTP unrestricted to save my life. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Cannot win in RTTP unrestricted to save my life.

I ruuuuiiin ppl in 5th seed. Get to 4th and it's allllll offball d and smother/deny. I've taken syn's advice and used a lot of offball cuts with not much luck. Honestly the most luck I've had with any play and/or playbook is running a Mavs floppy to Mitch for a 3. I use a combo of pace motion, pace freelance, and standard 3/2.
On D, I always play on ball. Unless we have superhero Towns or Boogie with 3 capability. I use man, half/full press, half trap. If I trap, I usually control C and keep him on his man and let the cpu adjust to me not using the C in a trap.

Here's my lineup, that I'm pretty happy with right now. I feel like the couple players that haven't blown me away yet (but have impressed me enough to keep on squad) whom also need some badge upgrades, may be my weak links.

Here's the crew...

A squad
MVP rose
Asg Mitch
Reward Pippen
Dpoy artest
Dpoy Dikembe

B squad
Reward Cousy/ Gold Wall
Reward Clyde / Gold Klay
Dpoy Kawhi (needs badges then will start over Scottie)
Tbt ak47
Gold Dwight/Deandre

Speed shoes on everyone except rose, who doesn't need it and gets a steal shoe.

I love Mutombo, but I'm thinking his speed or lack thereof is a liability against these purple Towns and diamond Dwights.

As an aside...I can't tell you how much it sickens me to watch ppl set up smother deny and camp with a monster C. Its an insult to the game and the rest of the community.

**my username is sarcasm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Cannot win in RTTP unrestricted to save my life.

I'll take ANY advice. Even of I have to sacrifice my integrity and use the absolute purest cheese methods possible. I just want Ewing and Mullin and to move on w my life. Lmao

.ride the spiral.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:27 AM   #3
QNo
MVP

Smother/deny defense is not that hard to beat, usually. Try a Freelance like the Warriors/Hawks where your players will be frequently cutting in by themselves. Learn your playbook better, Floppy isn't even a top5 play in the Mavs playbook. People might know how to defend these plays at this point of the game though, since SamPham did a bunch of videos on it.

All that being said, your lineup is below RTTP-average at this point, so you'll have to be pretty good to make up for that and beat it. Especially since you don't have tons of shooting in your starting lineup. Grinding some Gauntlet for MT might help, a lot of the MVP cards are excellent and cheap.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
Pro

I just got beat by a solid gold lineup. I don't think it's my players. Its just the fact that I'm not great at this game. Never have been really. But last year I didn't have any trouble finishing RTTP in a few weeks.

It doesn't help When my playbook gets switched pre-game and I'm clueless for the first quarter. Wtf is that?

I'll give those offenses a try. Appreciate it. I love Mitch and pg, but this volume shooter crap is ridiculous. If another player on the floor Get a hot, drives, kicks out to a volume shooter for a middy or 3....esp when driver is a Diner and/or floor general.

.ride the spiral.

Last edited by Offballer4life; 04-03-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Pro

And as far as the golds i use.....they are players that came highly recommended by this community as golds that play higher than their ratings.

What are your favourite MVP cards?

Would you swap Dikembe with Walton?

.ride the spiral.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #6
Pro

I can't stick with Richmond. When he's sold I'll have ~120k MT.

WWQnoD? Plz.

.ride the spiral.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

You should consider getting rid of Rose, Wall can give you the same production. He's a better defender, doesn't have volume shooter and has floor general.

KD would be a good pick up.

Walton is a solid C

XBL Scramz B
Old 04-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #8
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
You should consider getting rid of Rose, Wall can give you the same production. He's a better defender, doesn't have volume shooter and has floor general.

KD would be a good pick up.

Walton is a solid C

XBL Scramz B

This is one thing Scramz and I can agree on lol. Unless Rose is one of your favourites, he's very similar to John Wall. I have both and love both of them. I might sell Rose though since MVP Iverson has gained a starting spot in my lineup (also picked him up fully badged with 2 extra slots). I put steal shoes on him to make it 99. On defence he strips and intercepts everything. On offence I don't force with him. He's more so a distributor, zone/man defence destroyer, and if I'm WIDE OPEN I will shoot a three or middy. He's reliable when fully badged out (bought him for 40k, steal IMO).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »