Home

MVP KD vs Current KD

This is a discussion on MVP KD vs Current KD within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 04:34 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MVP KD vs Current KD

They did 3 days ago.

.ride the spiral.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:42 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil_lis
yeah, i understand the issues with the lateral quickest. i personally don't have a issue with it. i think a high lateral quickest is only needed for both guard positions. i run with all star rick barry at smarll forward and his lateral quickest is a 68. if you know what your're doing on defense and have the right badges and have players with defensive anchor. the positives out way the negatives.
Yea you are right on that. if you know what you are doing on defense then you can def. negate the weak lateral quickness. For me its just if im investing in any player, i want that player to have as close to no weaknesses as possible. Especially if its an Amethyst player. For that off chance when im controlling help side D i dont want that lateral quickness to come into play for CPU controlled D.

This MVP KD tho is ridiculous. Whoever said he plays much better than current, i completely agree especially when u have him fully badged. I have mine almost fully badged now and he just does not miss when open. I also get a lot more green releases with him. Im glad i invested in him.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:45 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
to anyone who has used both versions,

Do they have SAME release? I am kind of used to Current KD, so I do not want to try to learn a new release if I get him
I would say yes. But both releases are quick enough where even if there was a slight difference, would be hard to tell. I'll tell you this, if you are used to current KD's release, you will get a lot more green releases with MVP KD. I practiced a lot with current KD's shot to get it down and now with MVP KD i just get green releases a lot (in RTTP btw not just gauntlet, cuz i know gauntlet difficulty is very easy). In gauntlet games, one time i think i had literally 7-8 green release 3's. It was crazy man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 11:15 PM   #12
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg528
Thanks guys. I picked him at a great price w/ most of the gold shooting badges.

@wil_lis: i did get to play with him in gauntlet and he looks great but his lateral quickness is really bad and also kd helps with great ball control and passing ability. i might till get chambers down the line just for fun but i think KD is a better option for RTTP for my style of play.
His lateral is no problem for me even at the 2 I've guarded diamonds admirably with him. I do onball about 95% of the time though
Old 04-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Honestly, it's not a big difference to me. I notice no difference honestly. Not in the release gameplay, nothing.

Just like I don't notice any differences between any of the versions of the Steph Curry's. If you have the choice between a fully badged current KD or a MVP KD with only a few badges or no badges, stick with the current. If you are willing to badge MVP KD up, go ahead. He's better just based off that with better stats, but also will cost you a little in the MT department. Current KD is dropping, I got a fully badged one for 35k about a week ago, and I love him.

But when it comes to this game, when players ratings are that high and that similar, just comes down to the user, the game, and 2k's "brilliant" logarithm lol.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:14 AM   #14
Rookie

Do u guys use Durant at the 3 or 4. I got a fully badged current kd for about 40 k last night. I also have current Bron badged out.as well

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #15
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh26
Do u guys use Durant at the 3 or 4. I got a fully badged current kd for about 40 k last night. I also have current Bron badged out.as well

I'd put KD at the 3 and Bron at the 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh26

I use KD (first Current and now MVP) as stretch PF in a 4 out 1 in offense from the start of the game. Never had any issue, but make sure you also get a high end defensive PF (I recommend DR Dray or TBT Kirilenko)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »