Home

Quick Pausing must be STOPPED

This is a discussion on Quick Pausing must be STOPPED within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Quick Pausing must be STOPPED

Hey guys, this is probably not a discussion concerning myteam but I want your oppininions.

Quick pausing is a terrible, terrible feature in 2k.

People will can quick pause for 300 times in the game. After every basket, after any rebound, any steal, any block, any foul.

Not only is pathetic BUT CAN ALSO TRIGGER HEALTH PROBLEMS TO PEOPLE WITH MILD PHOTOSENSITIVITY, that otherwise they are perfectly fine to play the game.

Any doctor can verify that this dark pause screen change with the flash court is dangerous especially when it is done throught all game.

It is SO simple to establish a rule that someone in addition with the 2mins in total can pause for 8 times total or 2 per period for example. Giving the option for LIMITLESS quick pauses is plain stupid.

What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #2
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Re: Quick Pausing must be STOPPED

It's very annoying. They do it in the middle of free throws and every time after a big play on their end or a big play on my end out of frustration. Should be fixed ASAP or at least for 2k17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes, 2k should address this right away if anything. They love to do it in a middle of a shot or dunk, and yes, it is irritating to the eyes, and just plain childish and annoying. A simple solution would be to only be able to pause during actual dead balls. Otherwise, the opponent must take a timeout if they want to be able to pause.

There is no reason an opponent should be able to pause at any moment on offense. People take advantage of this and pause for about 30 seconds in the middle of an offensive set, and then unpause all of a sudden and pass to a cutting player for a dunk, while you are thrown off on defense. Dead balls only such as after the balls goes out of bounds.

I've been running into immature players like this a lot lately, and the funning thing is that they are usually the worst players, and it doesn't matter if they are winning or losing, they just want to be annoying and obnoxious.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT3 Legend
Yes, 2k should address this right away if anything. They love to do it in a middle of a shot or dunk, and yes, it is irritating to the eyes, and just plain childish and annoying. A simple solution would be to only be able to pause during actual dead balls. Otherwise, the opponent must take a timeout if they want to be able to pause.

There is no reason an opponent should be able to pause at any moment on offense. People take advantage of this and pause for about 30 seconds in the middle of an offensive set, and then unpause all of a sudden and pass to a cutting player for a dunk, while you are thrown off on defense. Dead balls only such as after the balls goes out of bounds.

I've been running into immature players like this a lot lately, and the funning thing is that they are usually the worst players, and it doesn't matter if they are winning or losing, they just want to be annoying and obnoxious.
I played a guy today that had a nick that ended with 1978. I was born in '81. If this guy was almost 40 years old I can not believe it. I took a timeout after the first 3 minutes and asked himto stop it very politely. Of course he kept on doing it. He already had Ewing so he didn't really have to.

I was losing by 10 in the mid of 3rd period when I quit. I felt dizzy for the next two hours.

I really can not understand WHY hasn't 2k addressed this issue. They have already addressed the unlimited fouls and time-outs that someone does only to extend the game.

This can ALSO cause health issues. 2 Pauses per period or 8 on total is enough. Also the defender has to be able to have a saying to "unpause"

EA does it fine in FIFA
Old 04-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
Rookie

That's sad, and it seems there are a lot of immature 2ker's out there regardless of age. I will be surprised if 2k addresses this before 2k17. I don't plan to play 2k17 anymore after this one with all the frustrating things that have happened in myteam this year, but I do plan to play this until the new one is released. It would definitely be nice if they fixed this major issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Yea, I never pause the game. It's very rude and immature to do so. I prefer what EA does. Limit the user to three pauses.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Idapapi79's Arena

Had a guy in gauntlet that kept pausing the game after every play he made. So they next dunk I made I paused the game and let the timer go down to 1 before I unpaused it. He was winning so I didn't really care. But yeah pausing the game is such a childish thing to do.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #8
Pro

The 2k online community in general is very immature, of course there are exceptions. I was playing somebody yesterday and I was up 72-40 going into the 4th quarter. Instead of rage quitting, he just left his controller on the table or something, and it took about 15 5 second inbound violations and what felt like the longest 10 minutes of my life before I was given the prompt to quit and take the win due to excess fouls.

I like having a 2 minute pause timer. It generally takes me until the 1 minute 5 second or 1 minute 10 second mark at the beginning of the game to set my defensive settings. Then there are very few situations where I pause the game from there. One example is if I am opening up a shareplay for a friend to watch me play. Generally if I have to read/answer text msgs I will do that during timeouts.

The pause timer shouldnt be abused though, pausing after baskets, blocks, freethrows, etc, is unacceptable. 1 (1 minute) pause per half should be plenty. We are given excess timeouts for 5 minute quarters and that is more than enough to pause to make adjustments.

The only tricky thing is, somebody knocks at your door unexpectedly, or you see a really important phone call coming in, you shouldn't lose the game because of that, not being able to pause, and having to let the controller sit. So 1 pause per quarter or half should be enough to stop people from pausing every play and also give people some leway for unexpected real life situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »