Home

This Is A Serious Issue That Makes No Sense....

This is a discussion on This Is A Serious Issue That Makes No Sense.... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
This Is A Serious Issue That Makes No Sense....

the rarity of bronze historics is utterly ridiculous. I couldve had Diamond Hakeem by now if the bronze historic cards werent so hard to get. put in a filter for bronze/historic and you can flip through all of them in 2 secs.

somebody compared the regular packs to last year 50/50. hell no. I have opened countless LP packs and I think I may have gotten 3 historic cards out of hundreds. this is ridiculous. there are no 50/50 packs and no historic packs. what the hell are they thinking???

I havent seen a Darko card on the AH in almost 2 weeks. When you do see one it 40k. Havent seen Rodney McCray lately either. I usually see a couple Willie McCarter's but I aint payin 17k for a bronze card I wont ever use. What exactly is their purpose in doing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
The Magic

zasbury25's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This Is A Serious Issue That Makes No Sense....

Bronze cards are the lowest valued cards in the game and should be the most common. You should be able to cycle through pages and pages of them. I think the problem is compounded in the fact that there is no "Historic" pack or something that increases the odds of pulling a historic card. There's no reason not to when there are plenty of historic cards & TBT cards and you are only getting one player card in a pack. Or better yet, make a box that guarantees 50% of the packs will be of the historic variety...something to get more out in the wild. There's no reason not to have something like this so late in the game, but I understand not having such pack available at or near release. Another short-sighted blunder by the folks at 2K...
Old 04-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
MVP

Fact is that I am opening "Davis" packs every day and sell it's content. I used to make a profit in the start of the year because I cold find a bronze historic that went for 2k (more than the cost of the pack itself) and some badges etc.

It is a fact that items inside have been adjusted when they were removed.

There are NO more historic players inside and it is VERY common that two bronze contracts are included in this 5 items. Since VIP and Other packs bring Bronze players vare rarely, this lead to the formentioned issue.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:27 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Fact is that I am opening "Davis" packs every day and sell it's content. I used to make a profit in the start of the year because I cold find a bronze historic that went for 2k (more than the cost of the pack itself) and some badges etc.

There are NO more historic players inside and it is VERY common that two bronze contracts are included in this 5 items. Since VIP and Other packs bring Bronze players vare rarely, this lead to the formentioned issue.
yeah, I been getting the 2 bronze contracts out of those packs. this makes you not want to f with myteam. I am roadblocked from Hakeem several different ways. If you cant pull historic cards then what can you do? its crazy that bronze historic cards are the least common card in the game. there are a lot more golds than bronze.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Well i'm actually glad I dropped my collector goals at 1600 back in November. Some cards are so unbelievable rare that I would lose my mind collecting them. I got some rare silver historic out of VIP lately. There was no on the market, so I just put him at 20k being funny. Guess what, it sold instantly on the next refresh. That's insane. I have the feeling that some of these rare silver/bronze come exclusively out of VIP and might be as rare as an amethyst. Makes life for collectors pretty hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
Well i'm actually glad I dropped my collector goals at 1600 back in November. Some cards are so unbelievable rare that I would lose my mind collecting them. I got some rare silver historic out of VIP lately. There was no on the market, so I just put him at 20k being funny. Guess what, it sold instantly on the next refresh. That's insane. I have the feeling that some of these rare silver/bronze come exclusively out of VIP and might be as rare as an amethyst. Makes life for collectors pretty hard.

yeah, but I dont buy that many VIP, especially after market crash. you can only hope to get lucky with T-Mac or Bill. rest of the cards have seriously decreased in value. I buy theme packs and LP packs mostly. Prob only pulled about 3 or 4 Historic cards all year.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #7
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
yeah, but I dont buy that many VIP, especially after market crash. you can only hope to get lucky with T-Mac or Bill. rest of the cards have seriously decreased in value. I buy theme packs and LP packs mostly. Prob only pulled about 3 or 4 Historic cards all year.

I opened some VIP packs when T-Mac dropped. I noticed that the Box was way better than single packs. Single packs gave me no historics at all, the box gave me 8 historics including this rare silver and also (Michael?) Redd who sold for 25k. If they release AI and the better Oscar version, I think these boxes are going to be great. I easily got my money back already, maybe even profit with those silver/gold historics.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

Somebody at 2k eventually saw that some were using those packs in a helpful way and said NO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »