Home

Cheesing and the RTTP community.

This is a discussion on Cheesing and the RTTP community. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2016, 06:13 AM   #49
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Cheesing and the RTTP community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
I just read the first 3 pages of this thread but play shooters on "deny" is the only way to stop the dumb AI from leaving their man when the opponent is driving, isnt it?
This year the AI help defense is the worst of all time. If your oppenent abuses this there is no other way to stop it than play deny ball and deal with the manual cuts.
Yeah, deny is necessary if you have poor defenders, around 75 or lower ratings. If your guys have high defensive IQs they won't leave shooters open if set to 'tight' unless you have set your POE to 'protect the paint'. That's why I don't use poor defenders like Diamond Melo, no matter their offensive prowess. Good players can easily exploit this, the only counter is to control the poor defender manually all the time, which makes you vulnerable elsewhere. I also try to play as much on-ball as possible, anyway.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #50
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cheesing and the RTTP community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Playing tight OR Set POE to Limit perimeter shoots does a much better job, as it provides help-defense when is really needed.

Playing ALL shooters on Deny does what you say but then you have no D-rotation whatsoever.

Playing every shooter on Deny is NOT a valid basketball tactic IRL.

You may call it as you want, but since this does not happen irl someone can call it cheese. As I said in my original post almost EVERYTHING can be called "Cheese" in this game.

You can defend Deny as valid tactic
someone else can defend constant passing back to the inbounder because he is wide-open,

a third will defend the constant pump-fakes for a foul that is not his fault that eventually your player or a CPU controller defender will jump,

a fourth will defend zone, cause if someone abuses PNR or Driving it is the basketball logic to play zone.

Another guy will defend playing off-ball to CORRECT help defense as CPU AI is as you said dumb in Help defense so it is easier to leave the CPU mark the Ball and you see the court and use for example your PF in PNR between PG/C to provide help defense.

That's why as I said in the original post almost everyone is using a tactic in this game that the other can call cheese. It is a never-ending discussion, so to me I am ok with however anyone wants to play in an online community which I do not know someone personally. My only problem is the VISUAL cheese. All black/white courts/clashing jerseys and constant quick pause. With that being said I will step out of this conversation cause I really can't believe that everyone will agree with everyone about what is cheese or not.
Wasnt my intention to discuss whats supposed to be cheese and what is not. This is subjective view and therefore pointless to discuss (for me the worst is the pump fakes, foul calls and passes in the paint).

Playing tight doesnt do the job for me. Players will still leave their man.
This is a video game. It doesnt matter whats a "valid tactic in real life". In real life, initially,the defenders wouldnt leave a good shooter alone for unnecessary help defense.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »