Home

There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you like"

This is a discussion on There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you like" within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you l

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
But it's not only about Milicic. A James Nunnaly willl appera in EVERY line-up cause it will drive your overall lower and therefore will be a much wanted card
I dont see a problem with it being in every lineup just so there are plenty quantity available. Thats a part of strategy though. You still have to keep in mind if this takes place in the first few months of the game. Not like things are in their current state. Remember when before Diamonds were introduced and Amethysts were rare? This is a better problem to have than to have things out of control like they are now. It would reward players like me. I had about 13 Amethysts before the first Diamond card dropped IIRC...now I cant get 100 cards to get Diamond Hakeem while people are posting Diamond dupes of J.R. Smith, Bill Russell, Jimmy Butler like I saw on XB yesterday. 2k's lack of vigilence against cheaters is a huge problem that makes people like me not want to waste time collecting cards. People are cheating to get Diamonds and I cant even earn one the legit way after massive amount of game hours put in.

Last edited by synistr; 04-12-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you l

Adding more restrictions just locks out the average player from using their best cards in RTTP.

It is already a grind to get to the 5th seed for many players. I want more people playing RTTP and if good cards help them compete I don't really care.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Yeah but eventually you will see people abusing it with 3 diamonds 2 amethysts playing 20 minutes per game and 7 scrubs that will get 1-2 mins max.

The lowest bronze player will eventually be one of the most expensive player in the AH

They'll have to adjust the stamina slider for sure if they go with a team ovr system. I would prefer team ovr over tier restrictions for RTTP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba2kpdx
Adding more restrictions just locks out the average player from using their best cards in RTTP.

It is already a grind to get to the 5th seed for many players. I want more people playing RTTP and if good cards help them compete I don't really care.
I dont see how. Its the same as now except your seeds have different restrictions. Not 1 silver, 3 gold then unlimited. It provides depth. The problem is people wanting super teams to be usable asap. that **** is corny. With OVR restriction you can use your best cards. The problem is, yall are looking at it as things are TODAY. which is out of control. thats another issue. Market crashes, lack of collector content, pack odds, worst versions of cards being released after best cards, fantasy cards, etc...etc...those are all separate issues that have to be addressed or the OVR or Tier system doesnt matter.

People always say that they play the mode to be able to use their best cards, but why does it have to be done all in the same game? all at the release of the game? you will still have unrestricted seeds at the end. but from what you are saying, then this is why 2k will never do anything to remedy the situation. the best thing in that case would be to have 2 separate modes. one for those who want strategy and one for those who just want to have stacked lineups with elite cards coming off the bench.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba2kpdx

also, its contrary to what you say. if you had pre-order MJ this year or you pulled a great player in Domination/Gauntlet/Pack then you could use them right then and there. You just cant load up a team in the 8th seed with All Stars, that time will come once you advance through seeds. OVR restriction adds way more depth to the mode. Dont know how you dont see this. If you pulled Clyde in Gauntlet this year before you started RTTP you still would have to wait a long time before you could use him.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #14
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

I feel as though we need more RTTP modes. Like keep the traditional RTTP the way it is, but also add in a random RTTP where it generates a specific restriction each seed (judging by your cards) and also an RTTP where you have to work ALL the way up to being able to use Diamonds/Amethysts rather than just being completely free in the 5th seed.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #15
Rookie

I kind of like overall restrictions instead of 3 Golds or something like all bronze. We have to take into account that not all golds are created equal. With the current restrictions, lower rated golds are not even used in myteam. Who wants to use a 80 Rated Gold when it takes up the slot of a potential 89 rated one.

I would also like to see tournaments every month with rewards. Have bronze, silver and anything goes tourney.

Last edited by Danbuc09; 04-12-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
I kind of like overall restrictions instead of 3 Golds or something like all bronze. We have to take into account that not all golds are created equal. With the current restrictions, lower rated golds are not even used in myteam. Who wants to use a 80 Rated Gold when it takes up the slot of a potential 89 rated one.

I would also like to see tournaments every month with rewards. Have bronze, silver and anything goes tourney.
my point exactly, lol. also some golds play like Amethysts and some play like silvers. OVR restriction strips the tiers. I like to use Nick Anderson. He was silver 82 last year, this year he is gold 80. it got to a point I couldnt beat certain teams in the restricted seeds because I just gave up too much with him being virtually a silver player when I could replace him with Rockets T-Mac who is virtually an Amethyst. There isnt much strategy with 3 golds. I faced all types of lineups too including 3 pg lineups with Westbrook, Wall, and Lillard/Kyrie. Its just as you said.....with the way it is currently....nobody is gonna use a low rated gold player. I surely didnt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »