Home

Season Over...MT Has Been A Letdown

This is a discussion on Season Over...MT Has Been A Letdown within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Season Over...MT Has Been A Letdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
For me the biggest disappointment has been online h2h play.
Play with friends still doesn't have custom settings. For the 3rd year the default difficulty settings is on pro. Having custom setting for private matches seems like a no brainier but for some reason they haven't implemented it yet. So we're forced to play on watered down settings. This game isn't competitive on pro setting and plays horrible on low difficulty settings.
The slow release schedule is magnified by the shallow h2h modes. Most ppl wouldn't a slow release schedule if there was replay value.
RTTP has been the same for the past few years. Imo they should just remove it fro the game. Use online challenges with seed like restrictions & card/mt rewards and add a online quick match mode. Online quick matches with leaderboards and accolades would add replay value to online h2h.
They should also get rid of domination and focus on creative challenges. I don't think anyone really enjoys domination. Ppl play for the packs, gameplay in dom is horrible. It takes up disc space get rid of it and add a ton of challenges.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. but with the way things went with MT this year, its doubtful they make any of the changes you suggested unless they hire a staff.

What it felt like was Devs made the mode, then once the mode was released the person(s) they put in charge of overseeing it seemed like they came in after the fact to just babysit the mode. It didnt feel like whoever was doing the releases, updates, making of new cards was involved in the development process. It felt like two different sets of employees who were disconnected and disjointed as far as the development of the mode and its vision post-release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I agree with pretty much everything you said. but with the way things went with MT this year, its doubtful they make any of the changes you suggested unless they hire a staff.

What it felt like was Devs made the mode, then once the mode was released the person(s) they put in charge of overseeing it seemed like they came in after the fact to just babysit the mode. It didnt feel like whoever was doing the releases, updates, making of new cards was involved in the development process. It felt like two different sets of employees who were disconnected and disjointed as far as the development of the mode and its vision post-release.

True, post release support for this mode was non existent. No new challenges online or off (they had the "weekly challenges" but those were planed pre release and it was the same recycled bs), no gauntlet boards, nothing new added after release.

The person that make the cards works on his own. He needs a team, when he went on vacation the all roster updates just stopped. No new moments cards even though some players deserved them. Nobody check his work that's why we see so many errors with badges, tendencies, and animations.

For God sake Kevin Johnson is still listed as a 6'6" SG after a month.

A lot of the problems can be fixed if the actually put effort in to this mode, they clearly didn't this year.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
A lot of the problems can be fixed if the actually put effort in to this mode, they clearly didn't this year.
and in some instances its not like a ton of effort was even needed, some of it was simple. the thread I did on the badges got a lil attention and they did 3 updates but after that it stopped. and they still have had releases in the past 3 weeks with 89 overall players with 1 or 2 badges. I got tired of updating the post it was so many players every week with the wrong badges and stuff.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #44
MVP

There's still hidden inaccessible cards. I know I have a Quentin Richardson and today I pulled an historic Michael Davis (2k created roster filler) who I can't access. Really pathetic effort this year.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
There's still hidden inaccessible cards. I know I have a Quentin Richardson and today I pulled an historic Michael Davis (2k created roster filler) who I can't access. Really pathetic effort this year.
yeah....and someone said they took historic players out of the LP packs which is why they are so rare given the fact that LP packs are the most opened due to their price. they said 2k did this because people could actually make MT off LP packs. I said I didnt think so and gave them the benefit of the doubt, which obviously now I see they didnt deserve. I have not pulled any Historic from LP. First VIP I opened today I got Rick Fox, who is worthless at this point....but still it proves it. There are only about 30-40 historic bronze on XB right now...and naturally the recent ones are 9k and up. If you have to pay 10-20k for bronze cards to complete collections or to get collector reward then there isnt much else to say about that but call it what it is.....bull****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #46
Rookie

stowie's Arena

Just sat here nodding my head as I read through most of this thread. There is so much potential in MyTeam, but here we are again, sitting around by playoff time with nothing left to do.

The Gauntlet was a nice addition and it has been fun using some cards as trials that I would never have touched previously. The ability to restart over and over at game 1 needs to be fixed up, making it 2's and 3's for scoring would help... ohh and they still owe us those new boards that they will be adding throughout the year with chances at All-Stars and many of our special edition players.

Dynamics / Moments were good ideas but poorly handled, I mean Moments cards disappeared for a couple of months and then turned into crazy diamonds for a stretch, while Dynamics were neglected - and very rare - from the get go. I also find it weird that Steph is the only Diamond and only a couple of players made it from Gold to Amethyst - some of which dropped straight back down to Gold. Most these players were then superseded by an OP Moments card.

I would prefer if all the base players had Dynamic ratings that get updated at least weekly and then create more Moments cards that are static ratings for those that don't want to take the risk with a Dynamic.

Onto some things I'd like to see in 2K17 - the removal of Domination, as others have pointed out it teaches players to play the wrong way (inbound to half court and run for a dunk, double team everything, etc) from the start. I would like to see it replace by the Schedule Mode that was in last gen 2K14. This let you play through a teams entire schedule, all 82 games, earning VC, packs and players along the way. The rewards would need to be tweaked, but it would provide over 2,000 offline games to play and could dish out maybe 4 or 5 nice reward players per team with an Amethyst as the final reward.

Challenges could then be all online with some being repeatable and reward regular packs and decent MT amounts, while themed / timed challenges could then be added throughout the year and provide player rewards. Something like the Rivals Clash in the MyNBA2K app could work, a weekend challenge where two teams face off (ie Celtics vs Lakers) where you must pick a side, use players from that team and compete online against guys from the other side. All players would then receive a reward based on the winning side with those contributing most getting the better rewards.

Loyalty rewards should be a thing, even if only small. We all spend so much time on each years game only to have to start from scratch when the new one is available. Give some packs or limited use cards or even a stack of badges or contracts, nothing game breaking, just something to acknowledge that we were there and contributed to the previous years mode.

Quick one on contracts - all cards should come with at least 10 games of use and we should be adding at least 5 with a bronze contract card.

Finally, while I like the Historic players being included in the Access, Pass and VIP packs, I think all the historic bronze, silver and gold should be available from the start (same with gold, silver and bronze TBT players). Then add the higher rated guys gradually with a large majority available by the All-Star weekend. It makes no sense releasing a Gold Latrell Sprewell this late in the season when most are probably done using gold players and could have themselves a nice All Star David Thompson or MVP AI at SG for around the same price. I think this would help with the Auction House as well as provide some variety in the Gold seeds in RTTP.

... ahhh we can all dream...
Old 04-19-2016, 07:57 PM   #47
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
The lack of things to do is what is killing it for me, you spend ages amassing the team you like, or collect a bunch of interesting players you want to use, and the only chance to use them is in RTTP which almost immediately jumps up to a level where everyone you face is using the same amethyst and diamonds over and over.

I said it since the start of last year's game, they NEED to add a RANDOM CHALLENGE GENERATOR that allows you to choose a difficulty and get matched up with a CPU team of appropriate challenge, with rewards scaling depending on difficulty.

E.g beat a team of all amethyst CPU with 3 gold 1 silver and 1 amethyst of your own and get a pack (league pass, access or VIP) depending on if you play it on all star, superstar or hall of fame, etc etc.

Trials were a decent idea that was horribly executed, they should show up every game and be actually achievable or not bother having them at all. I got a Trial asking me to get a QUADRUPLE DOUBLE in seed 3 of RTTP, which is a 6 minute quarter game, like really?

A lack of replayability is what makes myTeam go stagnant quickly
This is the primary issue I have with MT, although all the other points made by users are spot on as well.

I've been saying this for years but 2K NEEDS to add in stat tracking, record keeping, more offline/online modes, etc. to MyTeam. This could potentially be the best "Ultimate Team" mode but because it fails in so many areas, it's probably last on my list which really sucks because basketball is by far the greatest sport ever.

Other games such as FIFA and MLB The Show already have record and stat tracking, not sure why it's so difficult for them to actually put any time into this mode at all.

It's like they come up with these good ideas at first, market the hell out of them, and then they peace out only to come back and announce "OMG BUY THE NEW TRIPLE DIAMOND PACKS"

Disappointing and as someone else said, it feels disrespectful to a great community and loyal fanbase.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 04-20-2016, 04:24 AM   #48
Rookie

I am starting to sell my assets but do you really think that market will crash again ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »