Home

Season Over...MT Has Been A Letdown

This is a discussion on Season Over...MT Has Been A Letdown within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2016, 06:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Season Over...MT Has Been A Letdown

We still have the postseason but after a promising outlook and the assumption that this would be the best MT yet, saying it has been a disappointment is an understatement.

all currently released cards will start to decrease in value (beginning with Dynamics) because new cards will keep coming. they still have other MJ's to be released so dump your MVP MJ NOW! the release schedule was a disaster this year. They have more cards in the game this year but the pace of release was the same if not slower than last year. Last year they released all the themed packs at least twice. This year doesnt look like that will even happen because they held the packs back too long....especially the MVP packs. those shouldve been released a lot sooner. or if they wanted to wait til the end of the season to release them, then they shouldve had other themed packs ready to release in their place.

we only had 5 themed packs. Moments cards shouldve been themed packs and not available all the time...instead there shouldve been Historic pack available at all times. Moments shouldve been like TBT packs and shouldve included special cards from past and present players.

There are still a lot of cards to be released, which would normally be a good thing but there isnt anything to do really. No new RTTP mode or prizes, likewise with Gauntlet and challenges. Season over and still no KAJ. Hakeem is difficult as hell to get because of the lack of cards....dont even think about MJ. In the past 7 days I have only added about 5 new players....because I am not gonna spend 30k on some bronze player or Gold Antoine Walker with 2 badges.

There are still lesser versions of some cards coming out, like Amethyst Dr. J and DWade, etc....what was the point of not releasing these cards months ago?

There hasnt been a badge update in a while considering how many cards need them. Still countless cards with missing badges. High dollar cards at that. Diamond Dirk and Rick Barry for instance.

the game still has potential this year even if they would release all the bronze/silver/gold Historic cards, put in some new Gauntlet boards, add some new challenges, make another RTTP with different restrictions, like 3-Amethysts, etc..., fix badges, etc...

this was a championship season for 2k but the effort just wasnt there. the problem was they didnt have any threat. a lot of things that are huge for the gaming experience they just seemed to not care about. like how do we currently have a 25 year old Ray Allen who is the same athletically as the 32 year old version and less athletic than the 31 year old version??? that should tell you how much they really care.

Last edited by synistr; 04-15-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 07:36 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Season Over...MT Has Been A Letdown

Nothing seemed right for me.

Most of thematic packs were useless. I have amost never seen for example an opponent with 6th player.

Historic packs are STILL being released while until December 9-10 amethyst exists and the we saw a bunch of unrealistic Diamonds.

The pack drop rates were not conistent, thus a when MVP packs dropped the Crash really hurt most players that had already built a team.

Same issues occured like previous year. No replayability value for RTTP, awards for PLAYING the game are worse than very cheap players (Ewing is not better than most MVP centers that go for 10k)

Domination mode continues trying to learn the player how to break mechanics.

Weekly challenge is the SAME repetitive challange that will provide you ONE actually great player that will be available to use after Play-offs an basketball season is over

Collection awards are pretty useless as same players can be bought for much less MT as the collection would require and even then, not so many cards exist in the game.

Too many arbitration issues and 0-0 losses.

Visual cheese with Ninja/NHL courts were added this year.

Many cards with broken or wrong badges

Badges again would not work for the first month

STILL you can get matched with an opponent that plays in lower difficulty level, thus punishing you for being a better player

All in all EVERY issue that was there last year continuous to be (except the ones that made 2k lose money such as collection awards of last year) but in addition we have new problems that didn't exist last year.

I love 2k, and the MT type of games (such as FUT etc) but it shows that 2k is not putting any effort in this mode which brings MONEY to them. It is disrespectful

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-15-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:57 AM   #3
Rookie

My 2 cents:

- Gauntlet is a good idea, but use the same scoring system as in My Park, and allow at least to choose matchups on D. Adding a couple of boards along the way wouldn't hurt either. And why not add special events like in My park: double dunks, steal/blocks worth 1 points etc...

- I liked themed packs this year, well chosen themes, good selection of players, maybe release another 1 or 2 of them.

- Black market was a good idea but poorly executed, too hard to enter: too many runes and unachievable challenges in 6 min quarters. In addition, players released in the black market should be the best of version of said player. Furthermore, cap max value of high end players on the AH according to the max price of players on the black market. Another way to undercut MT selling sites.

- Bring back historic packs, all historic bronze and silvers should be available within 3 months of game release. Add high end historic players progressively, if that's what they want.

- if 2k can't keep up with dynamic updates, well get rid of the dynamic cards and release moment cards instead.

- TBT packs: no offense but we don't need nor want a card for each team a journey man has played for.

- Rttp: keep it as such maybe fine tune restrictions according to OVR team ranking. Once you beat 1st seed you access a mode with a leaderboard on HoF/sim difficulty sliders, team OVR capped somewhere between 85-90.

- Rttf: I like the idea, but I wouldn't mind a couple more challenges per week based on Marquee matchups of the regular season.

Last edited by Defconxx; 04-15-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
We still have the postseason but after a promising outlook and the assumption that this would be the best MT yet, saying it has been a disappointment is an understatement.

all currently released cards will start to decrease in value (beginning with Dynamics) because new cards will keep coming. they still have other MJ's to be released so dump your MVP MJ NOW! the release schedule was a disaster this year. They have more cards in the game this year but the pace of release was the same if not slower than last year. Last year they released all the themed packs at least twice. This year doesnt look like that will even happen because they held the packs back too long....especially the MVP packs. those shouldve been released a lot sooner. or if they wanted to wait til the end of the season to release them, then they shouldve had other themed packs ready to release in their place.

we only had 5 themed packs. Moments cards shouldve been themed packs and not available all the time...instead there shouldve been Historic pack available at all times. Moments shouldve been like TBT packs and shouldve included special cards from past and present players.

There are still a lot of cards to be released, which would normally be a good thing but there isnt anything to do really. No new RTTP mode or prizes, likewise with Gauntlet and challenges. Season over and still no KAJ. Hakeem is difficult as hell to get because of the lack of cards....dont even think about MJ. In the past 7 days I have only added about 5 new players....because I am not gonna spend 30k on some bronze player or Gold Antoine Walker with 2 badges.

There are still lesser versions of some cards coming out, like Amethyst Dr. J and DWade, etc....what was the point of not releasing these cards months ago?

There hasnt been a badge update in a while considering how many cards need them. Still countless cards with missing badges. High dollar cards at that. Diamond Dirk and Rick Barry for instance.

the game still has potential this year even if they would release all the bronze/silver/gold Historic cards, put in some new Gauntlet boards, add some new challenges, make another RTTP with different restrictions, like 3-Amethysts, etc..., fix badges, etc...

this was a championship season for 2k but the effort just wasnt there. the problem was they didnt have any threat. a lot of things that are huge for the gaming experience they just seemed to not care about. like how do we currently have a 25 year old Ray Allen who is the same athletically as the 32 year old version and less athletic than the 31 year old version??? that should tell you how much they really care.

Already a final summary? Well, if 2k renames their Twitter Account to "2k17", i guess it is not too early....

2k announced new packs for this weekend, but i guess it will be some old packs returning at best. Not sure if prices will decrease soon if no new packs are coming. 99 LBJ will prob be the last small hype, but no real market crash i guess. I agree In most points with you, some remarks:

- Cards and release cycle

I liked the release strategy not to put the best and OP cards out early.
Also i liked that there is no all around GOAT MJ, Kobe or Lebron. All these cards have flaws. Magic the best card, OP, but still within a good range.
Cards should get released more consistant and frequently tho. Also, have a clear and foreseeable schedule.

- Content

Gauntlet was a nice addition as well as historic domination. The rest has a lot room for improvement for 2k17 and it should be the last chance for 2k to look at Maddens content and significantly add more substance to the MT mode before EA catches up.

- Gameplay

While there were improvements, esp. on the defensive side; i thought overall 2k16 was a backstep regarding MT gameplay (not necessarily other modes). I am aware this is extremely controversial, but for me these huge momentum swings (or rubberbanding), pared with an equalizer (for OVR ratings and different tiers) do not fit the MT mode. Combined with ball strips by just running into a player it was awful. Very poor transition defense, way too many foul calls in the paint, too easy passes in the paint, horrible pump fake cheese just to name a few other factors.
All of this definitely needs to go.

- Pack odds

I do not understand why you would make bad pack odds at all. Bad odds = kids wont buy any packs = no money? I might have overlooked smtgh there but i just dont get it. I dont buy packs so i dont really care.
My biggest gripe this year: Changing pack odds in the middle of the game cycle is an absolute disaster and poor management. Make the pack odds foreseeable and transparent. No point in having to sell players every few days and buy them back just to avoid huge losses.

Also, as already mentioned, the rewards this year were a huge fail. No collection rewards = no intention to collect cards = less money for 2k. No point in going for diamond Hakeem etc as well. This is so easy to plan and i gladly offer to take this job if you dont have the capacity for these essentials, 2k.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 04-15-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The lack of things to do is what is killing it for me, you spend ages amassing the team you like, or collect a bunch of interesting players you want to use, and the only chance to use them is in RTTP which almost immediately jumps up to a level where everyone you face is using the same amethyst and diamonds over and over.

I said it since the start of last year's game, they NEED to add a RANDOM CHALLENGE GENERATOR that allows you to choose a difficulty and get matched up with a CPU team of appropriate challenge, with rewards scaling depending on difficulty.

E.g beat a team of all amethyst CPU with 3 gold 1 silver and 1 amethyst of your own and get a pack (league pass, access or VIP) depending on if you play it on all star, superstar or hall of fame, etc etc.

Trials were a decent idea that was horribly executed, they should show up every game and be actually achievable or not bother having them at all. I got a Trial asking me to get a QUADRUPLE DOUBLE in seed 3 of RTTP, which is a 6 minute quarter game, like really?

A lack of replayability is what makes myTeam go stagnant quickly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #6
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
The lack of things to do is what is killing it for me, you spend ages amassing the team you like, or collect a bunch of interesting players you want to use, and the only chance to use them is in RTTP which almost immediately jumps up to a level where everyone you face is using the same amethyst and diamonds over and over.

I said it since the start of last year's game, they NEED to add a RANDOM CHALLENGE GENERATOR that allows you to choose a difficulty and get matched up with a CPU team of appropriate challenge, with rewards scaling depending on difficulty.

E.g beat a team of all amethyst CPU with 3 gold 1 silver and 1 amethyst of your own and get a pack (league pass, access or VIP) depending on if you play it on all star, superstar or hall of fame, etc etc.

Trials were a decent idea that was horribly executed, they should show up every game and be actually achievable or not bother having them at all. I got a Trial asking me to get a QUADRUPLE DOUBLE in seed 3 of RTTP, which is a 6 minute quarter game, like really?

A lack of replayability is what makes myTeam go stagnant quickly
They also need to add more online RTTPs. A lot of people dont enjoy playing the AI. Different RTTPs (unrestricted, one for each card colour, historics only, motto teams, pack&play for example) is the obvious solution.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 04-15-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:06 AM   #7
MVP

just to touch on some of the points made here...

BM was a good idea but in my case, it may as well not existed. I have about 1400 players and I am still missing half the runes. Runes are different for each user so a lot of the runes assigned to me are likely on cards that havent even been released yet. What kind of sense does that make. Yes, the challenges are ridiculous when you do get them, like get 20 points and 20 rebounds with the same guy or some ****. Then if you happen to do that, then you dont have the runes anyway. If you do have the runes then you can buy Larry Bird for 750k and just ignore the one on the AH that is going for less than 150k currently.

Yes, themed packs were good, but they released them way too late and infrequent. They couldve split them up as well, like MVP 1 and MVP 2 etc....

They have to put more thought into the releases. Amethyst 06 Wade still isnt out yet. Why not? There will be 2 Diamond Wades before that one is released. Too many versions of one player also. I wouldve like to have seen the two league versions of Wade, then the reward one available from day one, 06 version, then one Diamond. I dont think there should be more than 5 versions of a player really. I know we want content but it doesnt make sense to have 10 of one guy and one of another. Balance it out then you will still have content. Releasing 89 overall Kidd two weeks ago was pointless. To continue release Big Baby cards is pointless also.

Not sure how the badges get missed. People didnt complain about this enough. If I paid a few hundred thou for Diamond Dirk, I want at least the same amount of badges as the Gold TBT one. Anyone that paid for Barry really got the shaft as his ASG version not only comes with the right badges but comes with mostly golds.

You cant compete in RTTP with just earnings made from game hours. This is further compounded by collector rewards such as Ray Allen being historically incorrect stat-wise. When people got Fat Lever, he only came with one badge, Eraser iirc. Joe Dumars was severely botched as well. Then we only had two attainable big men rewards....only one of which...Sampson...was serviceable. Problem is, I had Sampson, Cousy, and Clyde pretty early but hadnt started RTTP. So it was a while before I could get any use out of them outside of Gauntlet or the monotonous Domination.

Moments MJ shouldve been an omen. People paid for the pre-order only to get a version that was sell-able on the AH which greatly devalued the card. 1st week in Gauntlet, every player had Moments MJ.

I had about 13 Amethysts before the first Diamond was released iirc. it only took a couple weeks of fantasy cards to make my lineups pretty much irrelevant. This year I spent a lot more time on the games and a lot less on the AH by design. Turns out, I shouldve done the opposite. Playing the game didnt reward me enough. I couldve made unlimited MT from the AH and then just run through RTTP because there isnt a huge pool of good players. Half my Gauntlet and RTTP wins are rage quits.

Historic cards got done dirty. Dont even feel like going in to it, but most of them were trash with wrong ratings and badges. Even dumb photos. Like MVP Dr. J. That photo looks so dumb. Nets version was young with a fro!

The list is endless though. Too many modes on low difficulty. Glitched badges throughout the entire year. No team rewards. Cant complete franchise rewards due to release schedule, once completed the rewards are garbage by that time. 3 VIP packs or 4 LP packs when you have to get about 4 players that sell for between 50-100k each. Useless challenge rewards. No one is using those cards, they are available too late. Who is gonna use Gold Majerle when he is available in another 2 weeks? Connection issues resulting in losses being charged to the player as opposed to not counting at all. ETC...ETC...ETC...
Old 04-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
- Cards and release cycle

I liked the release strategy not to put the best and OP cards out early.
Also i liked that there is no all around GOAT MJ, Kobe or Lebron. All these cards have flaws. Magic the best card, OP, but still within a good range.
Cards should get released more consistant and frequently tho. Also, have a clear and foreseeable schedule.
I agree. I like that too. Thats why I said all Historic below Amethyst shouldve been available. Taking page from mobile app, Amethyst should be rare and Diamond should be super rare. The game rewards that are available immediately should be the best versions of that player at that moment. You should be able to build a great team from playing the game instead of the AH. The MJ releases were ok aside from the collector reward being unattainable. Again, things went left quickly when they released overpowered versions of players that never made an All Star game that were better than versions of HOFers. Even when Amethyst Dominique is released, he still wont be better than J.R. Smith's best card. Now thats a HOF scale for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »