Home

Playbook doesn't seem to stick?

This is a discussion on Playbook doesn't seem to stick? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2016, 03:25 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Playbook doesn't seem to stick?

ok this explains why some plays are not available on the gsw...

question though, im using Mavs' playbook specifically the Fist 91 Side. initially the PF and C will position on the upper 2 corners of the paint and screen... however, these past months, they both screen on the same side near the ball handler.. has this been changed?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic
That's terrible. I suppose someone already reported this right?

What freelance offense are you running?
Yeah I have posted about it on the 2k forums trying to get the dev's attention and surely I am not the only one.

I run a 3-2 fist with my starters, it is amazing because it initiates very quickly and has so many different options. Go to the wing and the PF and C come up to set a double screen, the other 2 players will be at the corner 3 and the weak side wing. If you go towards the corner the corner 3 guy will cut baseline, if you go towards the wing u can pass to the wing player and another PnR will initiate for him. Also the 2 bigs who set the double screen,the PF will fade for an elbow jumper and the C will roll to the basket. Already there are 5+ options there, drive to the basket, pass to the fade for the shot, pass to the roll for a dunk, pass to the baseline cutter for a dunk, pass to the wing for an open 3 or take that next PnR/PnF. When I initiate that freelance with Kobe he usually collapses the defense and then Nash or Dr J, whoever is on the wing 3, will be wide open for shot. With that one initiation point alone I can generate offense the entire game.

With my bench I run a simple 4-1 and set lots of manual PnR, penetrate and finish or kick, whichever, and because that lineup is only on for 5-7 minutes a game the manual PnR does the job. That or Iso with Tmac.

Also I run the 95 Magic playbook, absolutely love it, hidden gem.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:41 AM   #19
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0

The playbooks 100% stick for me if I use the same coach and playbook, I wouldn't call it a superstition. Played 100s of games successfully. The glitch has been in 2k15, too. The problem with the historic playbooks is likely that they don't have a coach assigned to them, so there's no way to make them stick. Though you could try playing the 95 Magic in Domination and see which coach 2k gave them, there might be a chance that works.

I've used every Freelance there is, and the Hawks is the best, especially if you don't have a playbook. It is very deep and has a lot of great actions. Some other good ones are the Flow, Warriors, and Swing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »