Home

Playoff Cards Inbound

This is a discussion on Playoff Cards Inbound within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2016, 11:55 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Playoff Cards Inbound

Idk why I even open packs anymore 2 boxes and I got JV who isn't bad at all and went right into my lineup as my backup center in place of Gasol but still kinda pisses me off when that was the only gold outta those boxes let alone the only playoff card. Although I can't say I'm very surprised consider my luck this year has been anything but good especially after since by the I me MVP packs expired use pulled one amyethys at and 20 golds all year up to that point and probably had opened 1k-2k packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by E The Rhymer; 04-24-2016 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 04:39 AM   #42
Pro

Re: Playoff Cards Inbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvislegend
Jamal Crawford was always a hidden gem in 2K for years. Always a threat to go for 50 points in any game and was/is super deadly from the mid range. The best part about him was that his shooting release was super easy. Jamal Crawford in NBA 2K16 though is an entirely different story altogether. They've always messed with his shooting release in every new game that came out and in this game, they added a high arching shot that admittedly he does shoot like that but it makes his mid range game highly unreliable. His silver card in this game is pure trash. Only good for layups and maybe some playmaking if you're PG is resting or something. I briefly played with his 6th Man of the Year Gold card only to find that his mid range game was still tough to nail. With players like Mitch Richmond who were noticeably cheaper options at the 2 and much better mid range and driving ratings, the 6th Man Gold card was beyond useless. I'm really hoping his Amethyst and Diamond cards are better because his silver and Gold cards are awful. Jamal Crawford has always been my go-to player in every 2K since 2K10. Very easy to time shooting release and hot spots that makes mid range shooting with him a breeze. I remember when his dribble pull up was and mid range fade was borderline-cheese. Hah If I see the Amethyst for 40K or less, I'm going to use it. My favorite player in the NBA and 2K done messed up his ratings and shooting release. He may have had a subpar year last year but come on, he's rated 79 in this game but plays well below it shooting-wise. I hope his Amethyst is a different story.
I bought him yesterday and after one game I sold him back for what I paid lol. His form nice but his shot was broke for me, and what made matter worst I was using him at sf so he was getting killed on defense as well. If he had some hot zones I feel he would be a lot better, sucks because I love his size ups.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #43
Pro

What do you guys think of Luol Deng(Playoffs version))? I only played one game with him but missed 3 wide open three pointers with him. It could have just been one of those things that happens in 2k and he will be better the next game but he was horrible in that first game. I can't say that I need him or anybody else really but I like experimenting and using different players on the bench from time to time. Not sure what he goes for now but probably not very much.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
What do you guys think of Luol Deng(Playoffs version))? I only played one game with him but missed 3 wide open three pointers with him. It could have just been one of those things that happens in 2k and he will be better the next game but he was horrible in that first game. I can't say that I need him or anybody else really but I like experimenting and using different players on the bench from time to time. Not sure what he goes for now but probably not very much.
I havent played with him but from my experience...every Deng card I had was great. if you play Gauntlet...try him there, guarantee you will get a kick out of him. his release is easy and he is a SF that can do some of everything. Loved Sapphire and Silver last year.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #45
Rookie

I've pulled him a few times in the Gauntlet and he seemed pretty solid. Nothing spectacular but alright. That was the gauntlet though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 11:59 AM   #46
Pro

Gold Paul George fully badged up and with a player with floor general is way better than that deny and most sf at that matter for less the price. That's if you into a sf that ain't ball controlling.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
Gold Paul George fully badged up and with a player with floor general is way better than that deny and most sf at that matter for less the price. That's if you into a sf that ain't ball controlling.

I disagree PG's volume shooter limits to being a 1st or 2nd option. He's not up to the that task in the higher seeds. Even with the price difference Deng is the better option for the unrestricted seeds. Deng can be a role player, PG has to be a go to guy. Most of the time you'll be at a disadvantage in the higher seeds with gold PG as your 1st or 2nd option.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:51 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I disagree PG's volume shooter limits to being a 1st or 2nd option. He's not up to the that task in the higher seeds. Even with the price difference Deng is the better option for the unrestricted seeds. Deng can be a role player, PG has to be a go to guy. Most of the time you'll be at a disadvantage in the higher seeds with gold PG as your 1st or 2nd option.

Hmm good points but I never had problems with volume shooter and my pg take maybe 4-5 shots at most a game and he always hit his open shots for me at a good percentage so can't really agree but I respect and understand your points beyond the volume shooter talk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »