Home

The Request a Review of a Player Thread

This is a discussion on The Request a Review of a Player Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 02:43 PM   #73
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Request a Review of a Player Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I picked up Amethyst Giannis just to try him and have been playing him at PG, it's pretty funny how he towers over guys like Steph/Kyrie/Lillard etc. who 99% of people play. They seem to get confused at first when my first play of the game is using my PG to back down their PG and score on an easy dunk

Guy has some pretty sweet animations, just a bit limited on the number of badges he has. I added Dimer, PLD, One Man Fast Break and Chase Down Artist, the way he flies up and down the floor despite his pretty low speed ratings is deceptive.

He can't shoot 3's at all but that's fine as all my 2-4 positions are shooters. Plus he dunks everything with Posterizer and high dunk tendencies.

Very fun card for pretty cheap if anyone cares to try

How's his ball control? Seems a bit low for the PG spot. He plays PG irl so I'm kind of interested haha
Old 05-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #74
Pro

Looking to get a pg and a c. Been thinking about getting either the PO KAT, Curry or Westbrook. Anyone got a quick review for them? Thanks
Old 05-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #75
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Looking to get a pg and a c. Been thinking about getting either the PO KAT, Curry or Westbrook. Anyone got a quick review for them? Thanks

Depends on your play style and what kind of offense you run. Curry is a better shooter than Westbrook though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 01:06 AM   #76
Rookie

BoxyCougar's Arena

OVR: 2

Anyone played with 89 OVR Earl Monroe mind telling me how he is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #77
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
To me there's not that big of a difference between the amethyst and diamond KAT other than the latter having a much more refined post game. He's got minor bumps in nearly every other category, but I haven't been able to really tell a difference between them. It's nice that the diamond comes with a ton of badges, but I'd save yourself the 150k and go with the regular moments one.

I can tell you pickin up Westbrook is easily the best way to improve your team in every aspect. He's a complete bully on offense, posters everyone, runs like a gazelle, and is in the upper tier of playmakers. His jumper might not be Lillard or Kyrie good, but it's still very reliable.

If you want a shooter, I'd go with Curry, and if you want shooter/driver I'd go with Lillard. There's plenty of really good Lillard cards too so he's pretty affordable.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 06-05-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:23 AM   #78
MVP

justlaze's Arena

hello guys, been to a short trip and haven't been online...just saw that Diamond KG and Havlicek dropped - pretty good releases
Anyone picked them up? I had these cards in my last years 2k15 squad and currently thinking of starting the grind now
Old 06-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #79
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
hello guys, been to a short trip and haven't been online...just saw that Diamond KG and Havlicek dropped - pretty good releases
Anyone picked them up? I had these cards in my last years 2k15 squad and currently thinking of starting the grind now
I've heard good things about KG on 2khead, not sure about Hondo. He's the guy I'm most interested in myself, he was one of the best shooters in 2k15 and I've still got an all Celtics lineup that desperately lacks a quality SG.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:39 AM   #80
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I've heard good things about KG on 2khead, not sure about Hondo. He's the guy I'm most interested in myself, he was one of the best shooters in 2k15 and I've still got an all Celtics lineup that desperately lacks a quality SG.
I also believe that I could have more use for a straight knock down shooter than KG...especially because I have to shift gameplay to a 3-2 zone and I'm not sure if that's the way to go with current game mechanics. Got J.R. as shooter, could sell him and upgrade to Klay or Hondo maybe. Or I just stick with him and grind for KG...just because he is KG and you gotta love him, dont you?
Had lot of fun in 2k15 with the Onyx KG and its basically the same card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »