Home

The Request a Review of a Player Thread

This is a discussion on The Request a Review of a Player Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2016, 11:52 AM   #57
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Request a Review of a Player Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak123
Is Diamond JR Smith still great? I read that his release changed, so I figured I would check to make sure he is still worth the MT as I'm currently saving up for him.

Thanks in advance.

You can not really go wrong picking up J.R.
Quick easy release, really great spot up shooter. Utilizing plays getting him open for a quick pass and instant shot is just deadly.
Besides, he got what it takes going to the rim - I would definitely add +9 speed for some extra explosiveness.
Mentionable downside is a 69 FT Rating, hence he gets fouled easily going to the rim.
All in all great deal - awesome card for 200k+
Old 05-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #58
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Is there someone in here who is playing with the historic 98 OVR Oscar Robertson? He is getting ridiculous cheap for those stats. Looks very similar to Magic. I'm thinking of replacing him, because I'm afraid 2K might re-release DPOY/AllStar Packs (which they always do getting closer to the end of the season) - would definetly lead to a pretty huge price drop for the rare AllStars Diamonds.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #59
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

I'm curious about Oscar as well. He's the total package and can do anything on the floor except posterize people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #60
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
I'm curious about Oscar as well. He's the total package and can do anything on the floor except posterize people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniped him today, going to give you feedback tomorrow when I have some time for RTTP
Old 05-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
Sniped him today, going to give you feedback tomorrow when I have some time for RTTP
how much u get him for? I aint really tryin to spend a lot because I am sniping cheap historics gettting closer to Hakeem. but I have the mvp Oscar and he's beastly af.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 09:43 AM   #62
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
how much u get him for? I aint really tryin to spend a lot because I am sniping cheap historics gettting closer to Hakeem. but I have the mvp Oscar and he's beastly af.
Got him for 150k with some badges. Badged him out completly, also added perimeter lockdown, microwave, dead eye , limitless range, post spin and eraser.

First off, it's not that huge of a difference like comparing last year's Sapphire Oscar to the Onyx card upgrade. Still, this card is just an absolute dream. You get an Elite PG with 98 OVR under 200k. Just a great allrounder who is most likely going to end up with a triple double. His shot is a bit slow, that's why I try to focus on driving/post offense and setting up plays. Rather have his speed boosted than 3PT or Mid. Being 6"5 with 99 Speed and 90 Acceleration is terror.

If you're short on MT and already got your team build around MVP Oscar it's not necessary to upgrade. If you don't got Oscar you can consider the historic version, in case you see a really good deal!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:41 AM   #63
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Thank you for the review Justlaze. I will be looking to pick up Historic Oscar with in the next week or two.

I ended up sniping a Diamond Westbrook on PS4 for 250k fully badged yesterday morning. Keep in mind, I already had Diamond Playoff Lillard as well. After 5 games, Westbrook took Lillard's starting spot. I will elaborate in more detail in the comparison thread. Historic Diamond Oscar would be a great player to have playing alongside Diamond Westbrook IMO. Either of them can start or come off bench and make a big impact.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #64
Rookie

I snipe mvp Oscar on PC 3 days ago 285k mt, My Pg's are Kyrie tbt 97 and playoffs Lillard 97, but Oscar is the best player in my team right now, unstopable in offense and defense, authentic brick wall. The historic 98 on Pc costs over 1M mt, too much.

Great review Justlaze,thxs

Last edited by melonedu; 05-24-2016 at 12:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »