Home

The Request a Review of a Player Thread

This is a discussion on The Request a Review of a Player Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #65
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
Thank you for the review Justlaze. I will be looking to pick up Historic Oscar with in the next week or two.

I ended up sniping a Diamond Westbrook on PS4 for 250k fully badged yesterday morning. Keep in mind, I already had Diamond Playoff Lillard as well. After 5 games, Westbrook took Lillard's starting spot. I will elaborate in more detail in the comparison thread. Historic Diamond Oscar would be a great player to have playing alongside Diamond Westbrook IMO. Either of them can start or come off bench and make a big impact.

You're welcome. I'm probably going to stick with Oscar & Curry for now. Selling Magic until he is rare, buying him back cheaper seems to be the move.

Anyway you should try Lillard as SG beside Oscar or Westbrook, before selling. I was thinking of getting a Westbrook as SG , but his release is a bit too long in my eyes. Lillard though should do pretty well. Maybe you can manage to utilize Oscar, Westbrook, Lillard in a rotation? At least you can try if you have them anyway

P.S. Anyway feel free to add me for a party or friendly match! PSN is also: justlaze

Last edited by justlaze; 05-24-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #66
MVP

Re: The Request a Review of a Player Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
Got him for 150k with some badges. Badged him out completly, also added perimeter lockdown, microwave, dead eye , limitless range, post spin and eraser.

First off, it's not that huge of a difference like comparing last year's Sapphire Oscar to the Onyx card upgrade. Still, this card is just an absolute dream. You get an Elite PG with 98 OVR under 200k. Just a great allrounder who is most likely going to end up with a triple double. His shot is a bit slow, that's why I try to focus on driving/post offense and setting up plays. Rather have his speed boosted than 3PT or Mid. Being 6"5 with 99 Speed and 90 Acceleration is terror.

If you're short on MT and already got your team build around MVP Oscar it's not necessary to upgrade. If you don't got Oscar you can consider the historic version, in case you see a really good deal!
I am considering upgrading since the price difference is already close and will be almost the same on Friday. I saw an unbadged one today for 130 and the cheapest MVP was 105. 25k difference atm and that gap only figures to close since MVP is going to be less common once more packs get pulled on FBF. The only issue I have is my MVP is badged out...so I would hope to get one with some of the most expensive badges. Then I could sell MVP.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 17

The MVP one goes for 85k-90k on XB1 fully badged. Historic one rarely gets put up with badges and the cheapest I seen with a decent amount of upgraded badges was 175k. I have the MT but I am going to be patient and try to find one badged up for a decent price. He's really slept on in this game.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #68
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
You're welcome. I'm probably going to stick with Oscar & Curry for now. Selling Magic until he is rare, buying him back cheaper seems to be the move.

Anyway you should try Lillard as SG beside Oscar or Westbrook, before selling. I was thinking of getting a Westbrook as SG , but his release is a bit too long in my eyes. Lillard though should do pretty well. Maybe you can manage to utilize Oscar, Westbrook, Lillard in a rotation? At least you can try if you have them anyway

P.S. Anyway feel free to add me for a party or friendly match! PSN is also: justlaze

Thanks man, I will add you when I get home. I sold Playoff Lillard already. Sold him for 300k with 28 gold badges. I love having a SG who can play in and out. Lillard has no post game and his defense isn't elite. He also would give up some size too due to being only 6'3. I sniped Diamond J.R. on Saturday for 170k with 14 gold badges (I added P&R Maestro and Dimer). I will most likely sell him soon to get my mt back though (solid player but I miss my MVP Jordan and want to buy him again, shouldn't have sold him at all in the first place lol). Right now my starting line up looks like this:

Diamond Westbrook/Diamond JR/TBT Lebron/Diamond Draymond Green/Diamond Kareem. I purposely filled my bench with gold and amy players, I will only have 1 diamond come off the bench, so far I have none.

Bench looks like this:
Playoff Marcus Smart/Reward Rip Hamilton/Reward Mullin/Reward Pippen/MVP Walton - Role players: Reward Wade, Reward Drexler, Reward Fat Lever.

As you can see I have limited myself a lot and actually enjoy the game much more now while playing RTTP. I have been changing up my lineups like crazy over the few weeks and have tried lots of players. I'm a defense junkie so I will be buying back Diamond Kawhi and MVP Jordan after I build my mt back up. TBT Lebron will be sent to the bench and Diamond Historic Oscar will be the one diamond running the bench squad along with Westbrook depending on the matchup of course.

So selling Diamond J.R. will get me Kawhi and Oscar and after a month or so I will pick up MVP Jordan with the sniping profits (sooner I get him, the better lol). I'm also keeping an eye out for the Amy Biyombo too. I need a Toronto player to represent my home team.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #69
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
Thanks man, I will add you when I get home. I sold Playoff Lillard already. Sold him for 300k with 28 gold badges. I love having a SG who can play in and out. Lillard has no post game and his defense isn't elite. He also would give up some size too due to being only 6'3. I sniped Diamond J.R. on Saturday for 170k with 14 gold badges (I added P&R Maestro and Dimer). I will most likely sell him soon to get my mt back though (solid player but I miss my MVP Jordan and want to buy him again, shouldn't have sold him at all in the first place lol). Right now my starting line up looks like this:

Diamond Westbrook/Diamond JR/TBT Lebron/Diamond Draymond Green/Diamond Kareem. I purposely filled my bench with gold and amy players, I will only have 1 diamond come off the bench, so far I have none.

Bench looks like this:
Playoff Marcus Smart/Reward Rip Hamilton/Reward Mullin/Reward Pippen/MVP Walton - Role players: Reward Wade, Reward Drexler, Reward Fat Lever.

As you can see I have limited myself a lot and actually enjoy the game much more now while playing RTTP. I have been changing up my lineups like crazy over the few weeks and have tried lots of players. I'm a defense junkie so I will be buying back Diamond Kawhi and MVP Jordan after I build my mt back up. TBT Lebron will be sent to the bench and Diamond Historic Oscar will be the one diamond running the bench squad along with Westbrook depending on the matchup of course.

So selling Diamond J.R. will get me Kawhi and Oscar and after a month or so I will pick up MVP Jordan with the sniping profits (sooner I get him, the better lol). I'm also keeping an eye out for the Amy Biyombo too. I need a Toronto player to represent my home team.
You have rock solid plans man! Sounds great.
I've also been switching and testing different kinds of lineups.
I must admit I like to have defensive beasts aswell. I've sold MJ when prices were high & and looking to snipe him for cheap now as they've come down again. It's always a lot of shifting and flipping in my opinion. It all depends on cyclical fluctuations of the market.

I'm trying to snipe a Westbrook around 200k on Thursday/Friday. Are you still satisfied with the card? I've quickly sold Dynamic Curry without losing MT because I'm not certain if the Warriors are capable of preventing a 4-1 defeat. It may lead to a 96 Dynamic if Curry doesn't step up big. I'm not risking it though

I would also like to seek a good deal on Moments Davis, but he is so overpriced currently. Millsap and Davis been the best PFs I've used so far. Too bad the upcoming KG only reaches a 75 Standing 3 Shot. I'd love to have that card with 85+
Old 05-25-2016, 05:03 PM   #70
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
You have rock solid plans man! Sounds great.

I've also been switching and testing different kinds of lineups.

I must admit I like to have defensive beasts aswell. I've sold MJ when prices were high & and looking to snipe him for cheap now as they've come down again. It's always a lot of shifting and flipping in my opinion. It all depends on cyclical fluctuations of the market.

I'm trying to snipe a Westbrook around 200k on Thursday/Friday. Are you still satisfied with the card? I've quickly sold Dynamic Curry without losing MT because I'm not certain if the Warriors are capable of preventing a 4-1 defeat. It may lead to a 96 Dynamic if Curry doesn't step up big. I'm not risking it though

I would also like to seek a good deal on Moments Davis, but he is so overpriced currently. Millsap and Davis been the best PFs I've used so far. Too bad the upcoming KG only reaches a 75 Standing 3 Shot. I'd love to have that card with 85+

PO Westbrook is an amazing card. Easily top 5 PG in the game behind Magic, Big O, and PO Curry (debatable of course lol). His jumper isn't the quickest but it's reliable! I actually put him up for sale last night for 325k fully badged with a ton of contracts, not sure if he will sell but I will not be disappointed either way. I just put him up to see if I can make a profit and buy him back later at a cheaper price.

Also, I hate spamming turbo in this game and with Westbrook I find this extremely hard not to do. He's lightning quick with elite speed, I feel like I'm cheesing when I use him haha. He's also the leading scorer in every game I used him. My other players were barely getting touches and this bothered me a lot. It goes back to an old saying my father used to say, "I rather drive a slow car fast than drive a fast car slow". When you have such an explosive player on the floor its hard not to attack the basket on every opportunity (at least for me). Drive and kick is effective but why pass out when you know Westbrook will finish the play haha. I will adjust my gameplay and try to resist the temptation. You will not be disappointed when you pick him, he's a BEAST.

I've been eyeing that moments Davis too and have decided to stick with PO Draymond. I had PO Millsap for a bit and he was really good. Elite scorer and can destroy defenses in many ways.

I love having a talented defensive squad for my starting lineup. I hate giving up easy baskets and I rage quickly when I see mental lapses on defense haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #71
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

'16 P/O Green is an all-around monster. Dude just went 0-5 for me in a game but still had the highest +/- (+12) on the team. His defense on MVP Pettit (3-11 shooting, 0-7 from 3) was crucial in me making a comeback to win 56-49 after being down 31-23 at halftime. He's a beast in transition with a +9 speed shoe. It's literally OVER when he gets that rebound. Also went 4 points /7 rebounds /4 assists with 3 steals in his first game.

I now just need to get his shot on point.
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #72
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I picked up Amethyst Giannis just to try him and have been playing him at PG, it's pretty funny how he towers over guys like Steph/Kyrie/Lillard etc. who 99% of people play. They seem to get confused at first when my first play of the game is using my PG to back down their PG and score on an easy dunk

Guy has some pretty sweet animations, just a bit limited on the number of badges he has. I added Dimer, PLD, One Man Fast Break and Chase Down Artist, the way he flies up and down the floor despite his pretty low speed ratings is deceptive.

He can't shoot 3's at all but that's fine as all my 2-4 positions are shooters. Plus he dunks everything with Posterizer and high dunk tendencies.

Very fun card for pretty cheap if anyone cares to try

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »