Home

Historic Domination Advice Requested

This is a discussion on Historic Domination Advice Requested within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Historic Domination Advice Requested

At this late stage, I decided to try venturing into Domination's Historic-mode even though I have better player cards than Amethyst Pippen. I have reached playing an All-Star team. It appears that the worse of 2K's exploits are used by the CPU teams.

Even though there's other threads, it's my opinion 2K16's AI has changed due to the patches and fixes through the year. Today although I win by large margins, I'm seeking help as I constantly get stuck below the points needed to advance. I have observed these peculiarities:

1> All-star CPU team has no regard for the score when losing by 15 points or above regardless of time on the clock. Team will maximize the clock as though it's winning. Literally CPU team will stop shooting in the last minute of the game.

2> All-Star team will not foul regardless of my team driving to the basket continuously. I have missed getting FT bonuses even though I have 15-20 dunks, etc in the game.

3> Human-controlled team's AI goes to sleep throughout the game to where CPU team's consistently and successfully throwing alley-oops, running back-doors, etc.

4> CPU's silver players have the "Daniel in the Lion's den" effect. Literally Price, Jayson Williams and Steve Kerr score underneath the basket shots even though Davis, Hakeem, , Landon, and other diamond players are surrounding them.

5> If I double-team players, CPU's AI always streaks a cutter toward the basket. No problem with that, but point #4 magnifies the difference by a CPU-controlled All-Star team and MyTeam. I have leapers but they don't jump (or contest) unless I control them.

6> Because CPU-team plays intentionally slow (or controlled), when I'm trying to score with post fades is cumbersome even with 90+ rated players (i.e. Hakeem, Davis, Jordan, etc.). Point being, the highest point attempts are risky and time consuming. And yes, I tried with Dirk too.

7. It's amazing how well Ewing and Oscar runs and plays when controlled by the CPU.

BTW: I consistently win by 25 points or more, but the MT result never exceeds +865.

Tips appreciated....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Historic Domination Advice Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
At this late stage, I decided to try venturing into Domination's Historic-mode even though I have better player cards than Amethyst Pippen. I have reached playing an All-Star team. It appears that the worse of 2K's exploits are used by the CPU teams.

Even though there's other threads, it's my opinion 2K16's AI has changed due to the patches and fixes through the year. Today although I win by large margins, I'm seeking help as I constantly get stuck below the points needed to advance. I have observed these peculiarities:

1> All-star CPU team has no regard for the score when losing by 15 points or above regardless of time on the clock. Team will maximize the clock as though it's winning. Literally CPU team will stop shooting in the last minute of the game.

2> All-Star team will not foul regardless of my team driving to the basket continuously. I have missed getting FT bonuses even though I have 15-20 dunks, etc in the game.

3> Human-controlled team's AI goes to sleep throughout the game to where CPU team's consistently and successfully throwing alley-oops, running back-doors, etc.

4> CPU's silver players have the "Daniel in the Lion's den" effect. Literally Price, Jayson Williams and Steve Kerr score underneath the basket shots even though Davis, Hakeem, , Landon, and other diamond players are surrounding them.

5> If I double-team players, CPU's AI always streaks a cutter toward the basket. No problem with that, but point #4 magnifies the difference by a CPU-controlled All-Star team and MyTeam. I have leapers but they don't jump (or contest) unless I control them.

6> Because CPU-team plays intentionally slow (or controlled), when I'm trying to score with post fades is cumbersome even with 90+ rated players (i.e. Hakeem, Davis, Jordan, etc.). Point being, the highest point attempts are risky and time consuming. And yes, I tried with Dirk too.

7. It's amazing how well Ewing and Oscar runs and plays when controlled by the CPU.

BTW: I consistently win by 25 points or more, but the MT result never exceeds +865.

Tips appreciated....
back off, let them shoot, get rebounds, run on fastbreaks all game.

and in halfcourt sets, attack the rim ferociously to get your 10 FTs.

shoot the required number of 3s in transition and nothing more.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
back off, let them shoot, get rebounds, run on fastbreaks all game.

and in halfcourt sets, attack the rim ferociously to get your 10 FTs.

shoot the required number of 3s in transition and nothing more.
Thanks for the input, you've given me some thoughts for sure.

BTW: Another observation, I had a triple OT game where a missed free-throw was the difference in moving forward.

So the thought now is a very very close game (with multiple OT's) can allow one to reach the goal. But isn't the game-mode called 'Domination'???

2K team, there's no domination in an overtime game.

Last edited by SirDAB; 08-07-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
Thanks for the input, you've given me some thoughts for sure.

BTW: Another observation, I had a triple OT game where a missed free-throw was the difference in moving forward.

So the thought now is a very very close game (with multiple OT's) can allow one to reach the goal. But isn't the game-mode called 'Domination'???

2K team, there's no domination in an overtime game.
yeah i know a guy that purposely kept games close to go into OT so he could get the requirements. it's an option for sure.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:31 AM   #5
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Don't try to play real basketball in domination later stages, have to treat it as a computer game. Not fun but it's what works...

1) set points of emphasis to Run in Transition, and Crash offensive glass to maximise points off rebounds and fast breaks

2) abuse AI defenders in the paint with pump fake spam to reach your FT qualifying limit

3) control your point guard when the AI brings the ball up and spam jumping in the air so they dribble past you and shoot ASAP to maximise possessions

4) don't take a shot that's not assisted unless it's a post move

It's lame and not fun, but that's how they designed domination unfortunately.

I've gotten as high as 1100+ points doing the above, possibly more I cant remember as it was ages ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #6
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Don't try to play real basketball in domination later stages, have to treat it as a computer game. Not fun but it's what works...

1) set points of emphasis to Run in Transition, and Crash offensive glass to maximise points off rebounds and fast breaks

2) abuse AI defenders in the paint with pump fake spam to reach your FT qualifying limit

3) control your point guard when the AI brings the ball up and spam jumping in the air so they dribble past you and shoot ASAP to maximise possessions

I've gotten as high as 1100+ points doing the above, possibly more I cant remember as it was ages ago.

I agree with all of the above. It's funny how the mode is called domination, but it doesn't matter the fact that you dominated the cpu or not; its all about how you dominate the scoring system that is in place.

I've had games where I play somewhat sim, blow the cpu out by 40-50 and fall short of the required points. As long as you play to abuse the scoring system and alter your game to maximize the point total you are set lol.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 08-11-2016, 07:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover

I really appreciate your thoughts. And I agree it's really sad 2K designed this mode that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »