Home

"Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam

This is a discussion on "Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: "Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Well in kidd kuda vid he did mention the dev said you can only activate one duo to boost. The option probally appears when you got a dynamic duo.
We'll see. I find it hard to believe that 2K would go through the trouble of making a new menu in which one would choose the one Dynamic Duo one wants.

And it really still doesn't make sense to only have 2 players receive the buff. Someone very decisively said that Player B might buff Player A, but Player A will not necessarily buff Player B. So if what you're saying is right -- that one has to choose two players for whom to activate buffs -- then it's activating players, not duos.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Hope the boosts for duos are different though, instead of generic overall boosts for everyone. Like splash bros would get 3pt boost and a duo like cp3 and blake get passing and dunk boosts.
That would make sense in a game way, for fun. But, to me, what makes the most sense is just getting buffs to stuff that makes realistic sense, such as boosts to Passing Accuracy and Help Defense IQ and that sort of thing. (But, yeah...that's not all that exciting, I know.)
Old 09-02-2016, 02:45 AM   #18
MVP

justlaze's Arena

@kabamaru

It has been confirmed that you can personalize the circumstances of a RTTP match - this means you can agree on jerseys with your opponent - it would be a nice addition if you could do the same concerning the arenas. I'm not gonna play these "all-pink" opponents again.

All in all the changes sound good, but we have to wait for the release to see the truth.
Bringing back Sapphire Player Rewards are what I appreciate the most so far. Getting rid of ghost cards and releasing the historic cards from begin is an important factor for me. It was too frustrating grinding through historic domination, pulling good golds who eventually got released months later.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #19
MVP

Alright, so two Dynamic Duo relationships can be effective at one time, if all 4 players are on the court. From the MyTeam dev blog:

Quote:
You can have 2 Pairs of Duos active at the same time if all 4 players are on the court then both Duos Bonuses are in effect.
Makes sense.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:09 AM   #20
QNo
MVP

I wonder if this actually limits optimal team-building, in the sense that there are a few duos that are so good together that they 'have' to be on an ideal lineup (e.g. Mike and Scottie). Or if it's balanced well so that the trade-offs are worth it and a duo of, say, Dr J and Kobe is similarly good.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I wonder if this actually limits optimal team-building, in the sense that there are a few duos that are so good together that they 'have' to be on an ideal lineup (e.g. Mike and Scottie). Or if it's balanced well so that the trade-offs are worth it and a duo of, say, Dr J and Kobe is similarly good.
Yes, this will be interesting. And you have to also throw in play style preference into the equation.

Pulling this out of my ***, but my assumption is that certain attributes might get buffed around 5%, which is pretty sizable.

But it all depends on which Ratings get buffed, and by how much. At the least, I enjoy the adding of nuance to lineup building.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #22
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I don't know how major these duo bonuses actually are yet, I have Jrue Holliday and his duo partner is his brother Justin who is a bronze lol, don't see how that would ever be worth pairing them together...
Old 09-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Im running steph and klay duo (bench saphire richardson just for duo upgrade) but i have no idea how big it is.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #24
Rookie

mattk91's Arena

Where can you check who a players Dynamic Duo is? Surely the only place it tells you isn't when you pack them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »