Home

"Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam

This is a discussion on "Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 08:56 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
"Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam

Was reading the 2K17 news summary thread in the r/NBA2K subreddit and saw something I'd never seen before:

"Dynamic Duos give a special bonus if you have two players who play well together in real life. For ex if you use Steph and Klay together."

A really nice addition and I hope it doesn't stop at buffing for 2 players but maybe offers a modest scaling buff for all five players on the court. Or provides some sort of buff if the cards are all affiliated with the same NBA franchise. E.g. if one is fielding an "All Time" squad from a particular franchise and using franchise-appropriate versions of a player.

So, for example, if Current LBJ and Current Kyrie will buff each other, and Current LBJ won't buff Current Wade, but TBT Heat LBJ might buff Current Wade...as would Historic Heat Shaq, but not All-Star MVP Shaq.

Not something I've thought through a ton, but anything that adds some complexity and nuance to team-building in MyTeam, beyond just the cards' OVR and particular Ratings, is welcome. Especially if it incentivizes building MyTeam squads according to franchise team affiliations, or maybe by era, or even by college alma mater, not just filling in a slot with best player available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 09:58 PM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Re: "Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam

Nice. I had Current Curry and Klay as my starting backcourt for most of 16, and by the sounds of it they may be my starting backcourt for 17 as well.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:21 PM   #3
Pro

How about dynamic decreases if you pair kobe and shaq or harden and Howard. That would be interesting.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:12 AM   #4
Pro

I really like the addition. Also hoping it works for throwback and historic players and not just currents. Would love to get a chemistry buff from playing Vince and Tmac together, or Nash and Dirk, for example.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:14 AM   #5
MVP

It will probably affect players from same collection. Let's see how it will work out though because I get a feeling we will see plenty of Curry/Klay/KD /Dray in the starting lineups. If that was already expected could be even worse now

However I will not buy the game until Xmas. What interests me more I still haven't heard
- Is there any sort of restricted rttp

- Can you build a competitive team with playing the game ( like in 2k15) or it will be a fully pay to win

- Will the fantasy cards ( even playoffs) remain?

- Will all historic be released on time

- Can we ensure that all opponents play each other on same difficulty level

- Is there Mt rewards for finishing/ promoting / winning each seed every time? Because last year I won seed 1 since October and the game was not rewarding me to keep playing. Furthermore more Ewing was a good award in October but by February noone would even use him as a sub

- Can we ensure that the floor color is wooden and no more black / white?

- Can we have a jersey selector both players having to accept before game to stop kits clashing?

- Can we limit all arbitration loses?

- Will there be another gamebraking effective tactic like the halfcourt inbound in 16 and zigzag 3s in 15?

I play 2k only for myteam to be honest and specifically rttp. If the above are fixed I will get the game after I get reviews from you guys here. And this will be around Xmas when players prices will have dropped, badges are fixed and 1-2 patches will be already dropped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 05:41 PM   #6
Banned

somebody here, months ago, posted that there should be player chemistry in the game. it was like 2 months into nba 2k16. must have read his suggestions and cherry picked
Old 08-31-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
somebody here, months ago, posted that there should be player chemistry in the game. it was like 2 months into nba 2k16. must have read his suggestions and cherry picked
People have been posting that since 2K13 came out
Old 08-31-2016, 07:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
It will probably affect players from same collection. Let's see how it will work out though because I get a feeling we will see plenty of Curry/Klay/KD /Dray in the starting lineups. If that was already expected could be even worse now

However I will not buy the game until Xmas. What interests me more I still haven't heard
- Is there any sort of restricted rttp

- Can you build a competitive team with playing the game ( like in 2k15) or it will be a fully pay to win

- Will the fantasy cards ( even playoffs) remain?

- Will all historic be released on time

- Can we ensure that all opponents play each other on same difficulty level

- Is there Mt rewards for finishing/ promoting / winning each seed every time? Because last year I won seed 1 since October and the game was not rewarding me to keep playing. Furthermore more Ewing was a good award in October but by February noone would even use him as a sub

- Can we ensure that the floor color is wooden and no more black / white?

- Can we have a jersey selector both players having to accept before game to stop kits clashing?

- Can we limit all arbitration loses?

- Will there be another gamebraking effective tactic like the halfcourt inbound in 16 and zigzag 3s in 15?

I play 2k only for myteam to be honest and specifically rttp. If the above are fixed I will get the game after I get reviews from you guys here. And this will be around Xmas when players prices will have dropped, badges are fixed and 1-2 patches will be already dropped.
I know there's going to be a max/min reward for each seed. So for example say you're doing Seed 3, where the reward if you sweep is a Diamond Doctor J. For every X mount of losses you get a slightly worse reward, with the option to stay in the seed of you didn't get the max reward. So I guess that adds a little replay-ability to the mode itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »