Home

2K17 - Everything we know about MyTeam

This is a discussion on 2K17 - Everything we know about MyTeam within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #33
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K17 - Everything we know about MyTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I really don't care much about other ppl lineups. I'm worried about them limiting the cards I can use by making mid tier cards irrelevant.
Mid tier cards will have more of a use this year compared to previous years since they will be more common and top end cards will be rarer.

It will be more 2k13-like. Where people had a few stars, and role players mixed in. Of course there was those with fully loaded squads, but they were far and few inbetween.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
Mid tier cards will have more of a use this year compared to previous years since they will be more common and top end cards will be rarer.
Since they are talking about conducting matchmaking by "similar tier" teams and the only way to feasibly do this is by some sort of OVR averaging, this now makes all players potentially useful.

Which is a great thing. Prior to this, with very few exceptions, if you were playing 3 Gold Seed RttP, you should have been using Golds with OVR in the high 80's, if not all 89.

Now, presuming that there will be something like average OVR tier bracketing, a card that is 83 OVR may very well be used as the counterbalance for a 95 OVR card to reach an 89 OVR average.

What I'm very curious about is how badging will affect OVR. I've noticed that, for the calculation for average OVR for a lineup, upgrading badges to Gold and adding more badges distinctly increases average OVR.

It's fair, but I'm not looking forward to agonizing over not only the MT economics of badging up a card, but also whether or not it's worth the increase in the card's OVR rating.

I.e. having to decide which is better: DeMar Derozan with no badges upgraded or added, or a badged-out Bradley Beal?
Old 09-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #35
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Since they are talking about conducting matchmaking by "similar tier" teams and the only way to feasibly do this is by some sort of OVR averaging, this now makes all players potentially useful.

Which is a great thing. Prior to this, with very few exceptions, if you were playing 3 Gold Seed RttP, you should have been using Golds with OVR in the high 80's, if not all 89.

Now, presuming that there will be something like average OVR tier bracketing, a card that is 83 OVR may very well be used as the counterbalance for a 95 OVR card to reach an 89 OVR average.

What I'm very curious about is how badging will affect OVR. I've noticed that, for the calculation for average OVR for a lineup, upgrading badges to Gold and adding more badges distinctly increases average OVR.

It's fair, but I'm not looking forward to agonizing over not only the MT economics of badging up a card, but also whether or not it's worth the increase in the card's OVR rating.

I.e. having to decide which is better: DeMar Derozan with no badges upgraded or added, or a badged-out Bradley Beal?
I had no idea badges affected team overalls. So many variables this year it seems. Should make for some fun times, and make every team different.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:31 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
I had no idea badges affected team overalls. So many variables this year it seems. Should make for some fun times, and make every team different.
Yeah...when I was constructing a lineup for that Challenge with the 80 OVR limit, I stacked my team with badged-up 79 OVR Silvers and my team's OVR average was into the low 80's. Something like that.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:49 PM   #37
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

LeBron an 85? Hmm this MyTeam rating scaling is interesting...
Old 09-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Which Swish
you already know big homie!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #39
Banned

i think lowering the cards like they have is a great thing. some individual ratings may be off(because Stauff) but overall its for the best. I have a huge problem with current day players(with only a few years in the league) being rated so much higher than actual legends in the hall of fame with full careers behind them. its the most annoying thing about MyTeam.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #40
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
you already know big homie!!!
Get your *** back on skype damn it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »