Home

NBA2K17 MyTeam Impressions thread

This is a discussion on NBA2K17 MyTeam Impressions thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #49
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K17 MyTeam Impressions thread

Has anyone actually been able to make subs at all? I'll call a timeout, and sub a few players in, and THEY NEVER GET MADE. I can't change them in between quarters either. Somehow they managed to make the substitution menu worse than last year, and it doesn't even work.

Other than that I think the game is absolutely amazing 😬
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 09-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #50
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
i swear to god, this game is going to need a 3 point adjustment soon in this mode lmao.

also i turned ace off but my POEs or w/e arent sticking do i need to call it each time down the floor? it gets annoying not seeing the the opposite of what i want get called
You have to fo into your settings and turn off ACE manually in every match. For whatever reason it always defaults back to on.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #51
MVP

Don't like the shot meter but once you learn releases you can ignore it. Can't complain too much since I'm getting more green releases from Melo than in the past. Rose too who's release was broken last year. Until you're comfortable shooting the game isn't very fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 10

Only online variant I've played so far has been Blacktop because unlike Battle Royale in The Show it doesn't require a buy in, but it's been a pretty solid disappointment so far. Half my games have logged out, but unlike The Show it just gives losses to both teams and takes that card away. I REALLY feel bad for the guy that decided to use his Free Agent Steph Curry for his draft, what a waste of a contract.

I'm curious if you get card rewards (read: PLAYER card rewards) just for playing a (regular, full length 5-on-5) game, or if it's seriously all card packs and auction house? If so, this mode might be total garbage compared to Diamond Dynasty. This was my first year giving DD a shot and it was amazing, I was hoping MyTeam would be just as fun but so far it reminds me of the Pokémon card game. All I want is player cards and arenas but 70% of the cards in this game are contracts, shoes, boosts...and the ranking system is CONFOUNDING. Tell me WHY they think it's cool to have 9 different tiers when they could have easily solved the issue they're trying to solve with Moments cards by doing daily/weekly updates like The Show does?

Freddie Freeman was an 84 overall card that regularly got bumped to 90-94 with Inside Edge, but if he was having an off day/week he'd be his regular overall or a little worse. You could have Lorenzo Cain 89 overall but during the Royals slump he'd be as low as 80 overall. Doesn't that make far more sense than saying, "you've got your amethyst this guy now but just wait WAIT UNTIL YOU GET HIS PINK DIAMOND!" If I have the player, I feel like I should have the player. When they're slumping, that's when you bring in your Flashback cards whose ratings stay static, or play another player you usually don't use who's on fire.

I don't know man...I want to love this mode but so far it seems really exploitative and far too unnecessarily bloated. 2K needs to dedicate a team to this and trim the fat.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #53
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Ok so I'm not sure what this ACE is you guys are talking about but maybe it's my problem as well. I have Derrick Rose as my 7th man, and 2nd PG and I have Tony Parker 9th in my lineup and 3rd PG and the coach always puts Parker in before Rose and idk why or how to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 09-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #54
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Just a heads up, every couple games go into gameplan and player health on the start menu and check the "body wear and tear" for your players. Playing a lot of minutes in a row really increases their risk for injury. Just lost my Westbrook for nine games, because I could never sub him out.

I really hate the substitution dynamic in this game. I haven't been able to make a sub on a timeout yet.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 09-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #55
Rookie

I dont know if its just me but the gameplay in myteam is terrible.

Im only in the bronze tier so idk if maybe that has something to do with it? Like is the difficulty set on rookie or something because it seems like every shot my opponent takes he makes. 3 pointers seem to be automatic every time even with some centers! And the defense is non existent even when i manually set my defensive settings.

Theres 0 strategy involved its basically who can make the most shots. Can someone please tell me if they are experiencing this horrible gameplay in myteam as well??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselinexDrive
I dont know if its just me but the gameplay in myteam is terrible.

Im only in the bronze tier so idk if maybe that has something to do with it? Like is the difficulty set on rookie or something because it seems like every shot my opponent takes he makes. 3 pointers seem to be automatic every time even with some centers! And the defense is non existent even when i manually set my defensive settings.

Theres 0 strategy involved its basically who can make the most shots. Can someone please tell me if they are experiencing this horrible gameplay in myteam as well??

If its like last year, the first couple leagues are on pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »