Home

MyTeam Player Card Ratings/Badging...is different.

This is a discussion on MyTeam Player Card Ratings/Badging...is different. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
MyTeam Player Card Ratings/Badging...is different.

Someone on the Reddit sub pulled a LeBron and posted full screencaps of all card details: picture/grades/ratings/tendencies/badges/etc....

http://imgur.com/a/VlrVa

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme...s_are_on_fire/

A few things that are standing out to me:
  • OVR Scale: We all knew LBJ and others would be an 85. Elsewhere, someone said this is MyTeam only and that LBJ in, say, MyLeague or PNO will be much higher. Don't really understand this compression/nerfing of all "current" players. Current LBJ at 85 compared to all the 90+ Diamond Collection Reward Historic players makes no sense to me.
  • Ratings Scale: They're clearly compressing this, too, though I suppose this also goes hand-in-hand with compression of the OVR ratings. LBJ has 64 Open Shot 3. 68 Ball Control. 74 Driving Dunk. 76 Passing Accuracy. Way too much ceiling above Current LBJ for all these ratings.
  • Badges: It appears he comes with ONE BRONZE BADGE (Relentless Finisher). So, maybe, this is an end to all the free bronze badges we're accustomed to seeing, and which have sort of defined badge limit for a player. Wonder how/where badge limit is detailed for cards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyTeam Player Card Ratings/Badging...is different.

Wow great point about the badges. I just picked up the game. I'll check it out n provide some more info if I can

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow regarding badges... this will also change their price tags, non-badged players vs fully badged should be a huge difference
Old 09-15-2016, 10:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

They compressed the ratings because these are their "base" cards. It allows 2K to release new cards and more room for attributes to grow. Madden and FIFA do this as well. It's a much better system than having a 96 overall LBJ at the beginning of the game with no room to improve his ratings for moments cards.

Also, it allows traditional players to play with their favorite players without having to spend tons of MT. I'd much rather use a compressed Kyrie with all his cool dribble moves then someone like Jeff Teague.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:43 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman4336
They compressed the ratings because these are their "base" cards. It allows 2K to release new cards and more room for attributes to grow. Madden and FIFA do this as well. It's a much better system than having a 96 overall LBJ at the beginning of the game with no room to improve his ratings for moments cards.

Also, it allows traditional players to play with their favorite players without having to spend tons of MT. I'd much rather use a compressed Kyrie with all his cool dribble moves then someone like Jeff Teague.
I find it confusing because it blows up the scale. I think we can all agree that guys like Steph and LeBron and Kawhi had All-Time sort of years. Years that warrant their "current" versions to be ranked amongst all-time greats, not nerfed so that they fall below the historic greats.

I guess what they're going to do is wait for, say, Curry to go off for some 40+ point game and then release his Moments card. That Moments card, it sounds like, can get even better if he has another huge game. I think the concept they discussed was that it's like a Dynamic, but can only go up, not down.

So then we'll have a Current Curry who is worse overall than Historic Mark Price, and a Moments Curry who is better. But both being 2016 versions. Pretty discordant, to me.

I get what you're saying about a nerfed Kyrie still maybe being desirable because of the dribble moves...but remember: size-ups are no longer automated multi-move sequences. You need to chain them together, yourself, manually, and the nerfed, current Kyrie may not be all that capable of what you expect a Kyrie to be capable of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 10:47 PM   #6
Rookie

mattk91's Arena

Looks like players can only get 4 badges now. 1 bronze already on them and 3 spaces

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »