Home

Help building my lineup/Team

This is a discussion on Help building my lineup/Team within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Help building my lineup/Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Like you, I traditionally like to run a 2 in offense. Last year's LA card was phenomenal, haven't used him this year. But I figure his low post fades are great.

Only thing to keep in mind is his lat quickness isn't that great and when you play online against people using Melo, KD, and Lebron at the 4, you may have some trouble staying in front on D.
LMA of 2K17 is a big step backward from LMA 2K16. His Post-Fade is not as good as it was, relative to the Gold gold standard of Nowitzki. LMA's PFA is lower than K-Love's this year. Good midrange but poor 3-point shooting now.

I think one would be better off with Love over LMA. Love is 80/80 from three, not good in mid, better PFA, not as good Post-Hook, poorer on D, better rebounding, faster but lower acceleration, better passing.

No right answer, but I think Love's outside shooting and better rebounding is what I'd go with.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #10
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Yeah, running Klay, in general, but especially in tandem with Curry is the right move. The DynDuo buffs are significant.
I'm still trying to learn the whole "dynamic duo" thing, which is why i also got DJ to use with CP3 for more balance flow of offense and defense

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 09-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
I'm still trying to learn the whole "dynamic duo" thing, which is why i also got DJ to use with CP3 for more balance flow of offense and defense
You get concrete, quantified buffs to certain Ratings when the DynDuo is active (both guys on the court).

I think I read somewhere that the CP3-DJ Duo buff gives DJ a 70 Free Throw rating, amongst other buffs. That's a very big deal for justifying playing DJ over other Centers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 06:00 PM   #12
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
LMA of 2K17 is a big step backward from LMA 2K16. His Post-Fade is not as good as it was, relative to the Gold gold standard of Nowitzki. LMA's PFA is lower than K-Love's this year. Good midrange but poor 3-point shooting now.

I think one would be better off with Love over LMA. Love is 80/80 from three, not good in mid, better PFA, not as good Post-Hook, poorer on D, better rebounding, faster but lower acceleration, better passing.

No right answer, but I think Love's outside shooting and better rebounding is what I'd go with.
Which budget post scorer would you recommend for Domination? Not looking to spend much right now Most seek subpar.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Which budget post scorer would you recommend for Domination? Not looking to spend much right now Most seek subpar.
On the cheap end, I'd say Brook Lopez at Center. Maybe Kevin Love at PF, but he's more expensive and more of a defensive liability at PF than Lopez is at C. Or maybe Dirk for the PFA spamming.

But for the second quarter of Domination, I've been pretty happy with Lopez, given how cheap he was.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #14
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

^thanks Harryl I'll pick up Lopez also is it true were getting double mt from post scores (+10 mt)?
Old 09-20-2016, 06:45 PM   #15
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

So far my team has been playing pretty well. Curry and CP3 (along with DJordan) have been my best players so far. Lebron kinda feels like he is not even playing on occasion and LMA has been solid in the low post along with AD.

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
^thanks Harryl I'll pick up Lopez also is it true were getting double mt from post scores (+10 mt)?
Could be. I hadn't noticed, but the main challenge I've been having, occasionally, is getting the 10 FTA. If I get them, I'm clearing the MT requirement easily without trying to target post scoring pretty much at all.

They made it possible to play pretty naturally because of the additional bonuses for good defense. I think Block got bumped up to +8, maybe Steal too. Steals are easier to get. And you get +3 for any good defensive effort, regardless of whether or not you actually stopped them from scoring. And if you have multiple stops, you get pretty generous bonus...I think like +15 for 3 stops in a row. Maybe ~20 for a fourth.

I am concerned that I'm going to need to target post scoring a bit more, so I'll be trying to be more conscious about playing through Lopez when he's on the court and determining if I need to go with the Dirk solution as in years past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »