Home

Sapphire Team USA Cards

This is a discussion on Sapphire Team USA Cards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #1
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

OVR: 0
Sapphire Team USA Cards

Assuming this screenshot isn't photoshopped, the sapphire team USA cards can be found in blacktop mode. This fella had to play over 100 blacktop games (winning 77) before he got to the first one, so you can decide if it's worth it or not. They're rewards so they aren't auctionable, but having an ultra rare juiced version of these guys might be worth it to ya. Not to mention the one you get will be random.

I would like to know if that Klay for example would still have a dynamic duo with current Steph. Dynamic duo Klay might be comparable in rating.

Team USA Ratings: http://2kmtcentral.com/17/collection...-national-team

http://youtu.be/oPFr2g4UTZ8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4055.jpg (104.0 KB, 173 views)
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 09-19-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Sapphire Team USA Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper
I would like to know if that Klay for example would still have a dynamic duo with current Steph.
That's a very good question. 2KMTC is not listing the DynDuo field for the Olympic cards at all, but I don't know if that's because it doesn't exist at all (or has no data) or is an oversight on 2KMTC's part:

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/players/8536/klay-thompson
Old 09-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
That's a very good question. 2KMTC is not listing the DynDuo field for the Olympic cards at all, but I don't know if that's because it doesn't exist at all (or has no data) or is an oversight on 2KMTC's part:

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/players/8536/klay-thompson
It could very well be that nobody has the cards to check. I know they said on Twitter that they couldn't post the stat boosts for each pairing as they didn't actually have the cards themselves.

I'm willing to bet when multiple versions of a player are released they'll have different dynamic duos so I doubt team USA Klay would pair with current Steph for example. Like pretend Heat Lebron would be paired with Wade while current Lebron would still be paired with no one. I hope I'm making sense here haha.

Edit: So basically my idea is (pretending these duos are real):

Yes: Heat Lebron + Heat Wade

No: Heat Lebron + Current Wade

No: USA Klay + Current Steph
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 09-19-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #4
Pro

I am confused.. do you just get a random 1 of 12 possible USA cards? Or can you keep replaying the board to unlock all 12 of them.

To contribute to this dyn duo discussion, Isaiah Thomas current and Paul Millsap current are duos. I have the IT but not the Millsap. When I purchased the historic Millsap from AH, it doesn't give me the duo bonus when I try pairing him with IT. So I suppose on the current Millsap would grant the bonus. Current Millsap has the duo pic on his card where the Historic Millsap doesn't. I see from the screenshot the USA Klay has the duo on the card. It is possible he still is dynamic duo with somebody else, like another USA teammate?
Old 09-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #5
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

^ Yeah that's a good example too. I guess he's got to be paired with Kyrie, KD, or Draymond.

I think they just give you a random one, but I'm not sure what happens when you unlock the next board. I haven't played gauntlet enough to know, but I imagine you can keep replaying the board for a different random one. Or you might be able to do the ruby one and they'll have two sapphire available in the same way the sapphire board has two emeralds. Once again, I hope I'm making sense haha.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 04:05 AM   #6
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

I only completed 1 board so far; it seems to me that boards are not replayable with this new coin system? It just advances to the next. Can any1 explain pls?
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 09-20-2016, 04:45 AM   #7
Rookie

Yes for the boards it doesn't give you an option to replay. Once you get all the points, you advance to the next board. I wanna be able to replay a board if I want.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 05:03 AM   #8
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

So that would mean if you get all the points without finding the team US card you are screwed and advance without the card?
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »