Home

setting the offense

This is a discussion on setting the offense within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 06:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
setting the offense

in 2k16 it was quite easy to use the 4-1 system but how can we spread the floor with 2k17 ?
i am lost in the new controls.
And how do you change players during timeout ?

thanks homies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 06:27 AM   #2
MVP

Re: setting the offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachikevicius
in 2k16 it was quite easy to use the 4-1 system but how can we spread the floor with 2k17 ?

thanks homies
Left on d pad you get a triangle and you choose space the floor by moving right stick to the left.

The screen closes so you need to press again left on d-pad.

Change press twice R1 (or R2 I don't quite remember) and you may see the 4-0ut 1 in dow, You move right stick down and you are ready to go

Try it on play now, 2ku, scrimmage or in an exhibition match
Old 09-20-2016, 06:35 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Left on d pad you get a triangle and you choose space the floor by moving right stick to the left.

The screen closes so you need to press again left on d-pad.

Change press twice R1 (or R2 I don't quite remember) and you may see the 4-0ut 1 in dow, You move right stick down and you are ready to go

Try it on play now, 2ku, scrimmage or in an exhibition match
thanks for the advise !
Old 09-20-2016, 06:44 AM   #4
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachikevicius

thanks homies
You cannot change players during a timeout. All changes take place after the NEXT dead ball. Its a bug. Super annoying.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 09-20-2016, 10:14 AM   #5
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Speaking of setting the right offense, I must admit that it's big pain for me with the current bugs. Not only substitutions are bugged but more importantly PoEs are not working, which obviously have big impact on the individual style of play and the offense. I was trying to find a coach with my prefered PoE but I'm not sure if the ACE is resetting it.

Well anyway I'm trying to start a 4-1 offense with elite 3PT shooters rotating into a 3-2 zone with athletic guys who are good at attacking the rim.

Does anyone already got experience with certain offensive settings in 2k17? Either for a 4-1 or a 3-2?

I was thinking for the 4-1 I should set "space the floor" paired with "pace" or obviously the "4-1" itself. Don't know which option is better or if there is another mentionable similar setup?

For the 3-2 it's probably better to go with Motion Cuts to attack the basket but I also dont know what scoring action means...

Would be great if anyone could enlighten me

Last edited by justlaze; 09-20-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
MVP

Almost all years I play 4 out 1 space the floor. Then I normally use a pick from the center to the ball handler and then decide.
Space the floor vs motion cuts lead to less turnovers
AI players cutting own their own lead to passes turning over that lead to an opponent fast break.

My experience says that a low turnover basketball guarantees success in rttp/mto
Old 09-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
You cannot change players during a timeout. All changes take place after the NEXT dead ball. Its a bug. Super annoying.
In case you didn't know, you can do "instantaneous" substitutions if you just use the Pause substitution dialog.

An issue when it's PvP because that means a lot of pausing, but not an issue in PvCPU.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I was thinking for the 4-1 I should set "space the floor" paired with "pace" or obviously the "4-1" itself. Don't know which option is better or if there is another mentionable similar setup?
You just have to get a feel for it. There are multiple 4-1 freelances and each has their own particular formation (largely where the big is posted) and off-ball motions/actions. Look at Pace. Look at Warriors and Hawks too.

Quote:
For the 3-2 it's probably better to go with Motion Cuts to attack the basket but I also dont know what scoring action means...
From what I saw, I think 3-2 Motion Cuts are not so much about attacking the basket as they are about providing pindown screens to free up a shooter on the perimeter. But I'm sure there are branches that are backdoor cuts to the basket.

The best thing to do is to go into Scrimmage mode and take time triggering and getting a feel for as many actions in a freelance as you can.

Some freelances will have certain off-ball actions that you prefer more than others. And some will be better suited toward your particular lineup than others. I.e. having your best shooters in the corners, while others may not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »