Home

Challenges & their rewards

This is a discussion on Challenges & their rewards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Challenges & their rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
It's not stupid if you ask me. I for one am happy that they let you know exactly what you will get for completing these challenges. If you don't want or care about getting robert pack then you don't have to do the challenges.
I don't understand. If I don't like pack or cooper but I like the 3rd award card do I have to complete the pack and cooper challenges first?
Old 09-24-2016, 03:45 PM   #10
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I don't understand. If I don't like pack or cooper but I like the 3rd award card do I have to complete the pack and cooper challenges first?

exactly this is what Im worrying about and it would negate the sense of a token system.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #11
Pro

basically it's the Kareem challenge again just worded differently. How's it a token system if we are forced to redeem them to unlock the next?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #12
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
basically it's the Kareem challenge again just worded differently. How's it a token system if we are forced to redeem them to unlock the next?
It's literally the same exact thing but better haha. Instead of getting one diamond after playing a billion worthless seven game series you win by 30 points each, the challenges actually have MT rewards with them and we'll be getting increasingly good players as the weeks go on if you do them all. I'm sure there's one player for every tier so the next will probably be an amethyst.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 09-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can anyone tell me what u get for doing the regular challenges? Not the weekly challenges where u get a token. Is it just for MT?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 08:16 PM   #14
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyard22
Can anyone tell me what u get for doing the regular challenges? Not the weekly challenges where u get a token. Is it just for MT?

Right now you get one token if you do all five of them plus the MT bonuses and the normal MT you earn.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 09-24-2016, 09:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks pro

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #16
Pro

The challenge rewards appear to be linear. You can't pick and choose, hoarding your tokens for a specific reward. The way it works is each reward you get will unlock the next tier of rewards. Meaning, you will not be able to collect Ruby Michael Cooper until after getting the Sapphire Robert Pack.

I really like this set up. Basically, do your weekly challenges and get rewarded increasingly better players.

Instead of playing a million games to finally get a Kareem. Now you get a sapphire > ruby > amythyst > diamond > pink diamond (most likely), and you get to enjoy your rewards in the process of collecting future rewards.

Well done 2k, this is a good system.

Side note, I doubt the 5 tokens needed to get Michael Cooper will actually mean you have to wait 5 weeks worth of weekly challenges. Likely, once the NBA season starts, we may see challenge content dropped similar to moments cards, and those challenges will likely reward tokens as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »