Home

Tips to maximise MT gain in Domination?

This is a discussion on Tips to maximise MT gain in Domination? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 09:25 PM   #25
Banned

Enso's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tips to maximise MT gain in Domination?

Used sam phams d Vs West historic allstars And it made a noticeable difference. I pretty much ran through every team up untill them. They were just getting whatever they wanted. Now with the proper help and pick and role d I was able to get steals and run.

I got enough Mt Vs the historic all stars but they were just hitting everything so I lost. Vs these are teams if you let them get hot it's over. Going try again 2nite or tmrw

Edit:

So i beat it first try when I got home. Helps that Jordan get's injured in the first quarter lol Thanks for the Recommendation Qno these settings are a difference maker

Last edited by Enso; 09-29-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 07:47 AM   #26
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enso
Used sam phams d Vs West historic allstars And it made a noticeable difference. I pretty much ran through every team up untill them. They were just getting whatever they wanted. Now with the proper help and pick and role d I was able to get steals and run.

I got enough Mt Vs the historic all stars but they were just hitting everything so I lost. Vs these are teams if you let them get hot it's over. Going try again 2nite or tmrw

Edit:

So i beat it first try when I got home. Helps that Jordan get's injured in the first quarter lol Thanks for the Recommendation Qno these settings are a difference maker
Yeah the settings are nuts, the game feels so much better with them.

I'm not that far along in Domination, only about halfway done in classical. Never got above 800 MT. I've been trying to let the CPU score in the 2nd half, but harryl convinced me that it's better to play straight-up D.

One question: How/when do you guys use the steal and block buttton? I'm so used to defending with LS/RS only that I rarely ever press them. It's probably still optimal to play my way online, but in Domination, gambling can definitely be helpful.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #27
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
One question: How/when do you guys use the steal and block buttton? I'm so used to defending with LS/RS only that I rarely ever press them. It's probably still optimal to play my way online, but in Domination, gambling can definitely be helpful.
Specifically for domination, I typically try to steal only when I have a good matchup (ex. my Marion vs. computer's silver PF). I never try against a bad matchup (ex. my Jay Williams vs. John Stockton). Sometimes I'll take a swipe or two early in the shot clock but just play straight up defense if I don't get the steal. I've noticed some teams I can get 10 steals against and others I won't get any. Mostly just trying to take what the game gives me without forcing it too much.

For blocks, I go for weakside/help blocks (of which I get a few a game) and against post fades (because I can't figure out any other way to defend them).
Old 09-29-2016, 10:28 AM   #28
Rookie

Phoenix87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Doo
How does half court trap work? I feel like it always leaves the other team's players wide open... Any tips?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
While using half-court trap it is better to play off-ball defense controlling the C or the PF, so you can avoid easy cuts to the rim.
Tim Duncan / Robert Horry
Ben Wallace / Gheorge Muresan
Old 10-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #29
Rookie

HennyInTenny's Arena

anybody know of some good plays to run?? to get open three pointers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »