Home

MTO leagues rewards

This is a discussion on MTO leagues rewards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MTO leagues rewards

Ok from everything I've heard, I can't confirm 100% but this is what makes most sense to me.

6 amethyst rewards and 6 diamond rewards.

Pick 1 amethyst and 1 diamond for domination (co firmed)

Pick 1 diamond for completing level 10 blacktop (confirmed)

That leaves 5 amethysts and 4 diamonds left over. We know 1 amethyst token = 1 amethyst player. So imo after sweeping amethyst+ seed 5 times (level 1 top 3 seeds + level two amethyst/diamond seeds) the top reward will turn to diamond tokens. There's 4 diamonds remaining, and 4 more top seeds. Makes sense, but until someone collects the 5 amethyst tokens we won't know for sure.

It's still unconfirmed if we get pink diamond Duncan for completing all 3 prestiges or not. I agree the lack of transparency is terrible on 2ks part on one of their core game modes.

Either way I suggest everyone attempt to sweep those top seeds, or atleast enough to get an extra diamond pick or two. Idk if pink diamond Duncan alone is worth giving up the chance to have A diamond squad + Duncan eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #66
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I am going to try to get all amethyst tokens. This presents a challenge I've been wanting in My Team for years.

I remember the Sapphire Pippen tournament they had in 2K14 where you had to get 5 straight wins online to get him.

I actually like that they have made it more challenging by requiring you to go 10-0 now. It gives me something to aspire to as only a very very small percentage will accomplish this.

Each game really matters.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #67
Rookie

Depends how long it takes. If by the time you sweep all amethyst tokens diamonds are prevalent in packs it makes grinding those last few seeds less worthwhile. Imo the rewards for sweeping need to be a lot better than another amethyst from the domination rewards. They're not that much better than what we currently have available now, even less so as time goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #68
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

I agree. They should've given the option for new amethysts outside of DOM.

But I don't think they will rush to give us diamonds this year. They will save them for 2017 in terms of putting them in packs.

They should update the MTO rewards like how EA did for MUT

C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #69
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I am going to try to get all amethyst tokens. This presents a challenge I've been wanting in My Team for years.

I remember the Sapphire Pippen tournament they had in 2K14 where you had to get 5 straight wins online to get him.

I actually like that they have made it more challenging by requiring you to go 10-0 now. It gives me something to aspire to as only a very very small percentage will accomplish this.

100% agree! Once they make online available for us PC players, I'll be all over this.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #70
Rookie

Phoenix87's Arena

Quote:

Yes I like this extra-hard stuff, last year I got the trophy for 10 consecutive wins in the top seed of ranked matches, it was challenging but fun. I will try again this year too. For MTO I'm currently in Pink Diamond League and I don't plan to get back just for the tokens, I'll just prestige and try to go undefeated in the next playthrough. Maybe I can get one token before prestige, I'm 7-0 now in Pink Diamond.
Tim Duncan / Robert Horry
Ben Wallace / Gheorge Muresan
Old 10-03-2016, 03:19 PM   #71
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

Anyone know if the My Team Online reward pack gives any sapphires other than Steph and Lebron?

C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Anyone know if the My Team Online reward pack gives any sapphires other than Steph and Lebron?

No, they don't as the give players only from League pass packs and these are the only ones

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »