Home

Sleeper Cards (Bronze, Silver and Gold)

This is a discussion on Sleeper Cards (Bronze, Silver and Gold) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Sleeper Cards (Bronze, Silver and Gold)

Bronze: thon maker - 7'1 Can hit 3s and dunks on shorter defenders easily.

Silver: Shaun Livingston - big pg I use to post on smaller pgs for easy buckets. Plus a dynamic duo with thon maker.

Gold: Brook Lopez - cheap and he helped me beat domination with those hook shots.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Bronze: thon maker - 7'1 Can hit 3s and dunks on shorter defenders easily.
He's also fast/quick for someone his size. Porzingis is comprable, but...

One thing very unexpected for Thon Maker is that he has, for a 7-footer, nice Ball Control and Speed with Ball: 71/71. For comparison, Porzingis is 61/47 here.

And compared to Porzingis, Maker is really strong: 63 versus 35.

He's pretty intriguing, all the more when paired with Livingston.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:41 PM   #11
Banned

Enso's Arena

I second porzingod when his moments drops it will be lethal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #12
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

Mike Scott from the Hawks is a good Silver PF.

Can hit Pick & Fade 3's from the top all day long and is good around the rim too.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Willie Cauley Stein is still the fastest center in the league at 85 speed. Cody Zeller is second fastest at 80 speed. They still make a nice starter/backup combo like in 2K16.

Nerlens Noel plays like prime Dwight Howard: awful free throws, awful jump shooting, but amazing defense, dunks, and rebounding.

CJ Wilcox's 82 three and 82 steal make him a nice 3 and D bronze wing.

Eric Bledsoe is a great two-way point guard who can do a little bit of everything. Pair him with Dragic at the SG and you have a nice dynamic duo backcourt that takes me back to my 2K15 days when I used to run a lot of play now online with the Suns team that had Gerald Green and Isaiah Thomas.

Quote:
Silver:
Marvin Williams: Awesome stretch 4. Probably my favorite player so far that I have used besides Emerald John Wall.
Starvin Marvin is the best 500 MT I've spent so far. The Felton/Marvin pick and fade is real nice with that dynamic duo boost.

Calderon and Covington are another good guard/forward pick and fade duo. Convington's release is slow but super easy to get green releases on.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-29-2016 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #14
Rookie

Here's one Onyx:

George Mcginnis. 83 overall, 6'8'' pf that I got as award from historic domination.

Looked nothing special, then I put him in and and now he's replaced Lebron as starter on pf against AI opponents. Strength this year is really really important, and this guy being at 98 makes him a powerhouse down low. He absolutely can not be stopped while posting up unless opponent is at least around 90str and is fast on top of that. He ether forces himself down low, draws a foul or scores, there are really rare players that managed to stop him in historic domination so far, Malone and Kevin Willis on various teams were too much, then again he managed to forced himself down against Mourning and he ousprinted Shaq with his acceleration and super running animations.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #15
Just started!

I didn't really use Silvers or Bronzes so much, so I'll recommend some Gold and Emerald players (you already mentioned Porzingis, he is amazing):

Gold:

-Chandler Parsons
Even though his stats don't really speak out for him, he is very solid. His 85 open shot 3 is very nifty, as well.

-Pau and Marc Gasol
Pau is better at outside scoring and defensive rebounding, Marc is more athletic and better at defending than his brother. Both are very good budget options for center.

-Brook Lopez
Speaking of centers - Brook Lopez is a monster when attacking. Perfect for Domination, because you want to focus on the offensive.

Emeralds:

-Dan Majerle
Look at those outside scoring and defending stats... He is cheap atm, because of Throwback Packs.

-Jason Terry
See Dan Majerle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoXa
-Pau and Marc Gasol
Pau is better at outside scoring and defensive rebounding, Marc is more athletic and better at defending than his brother. Both are very good budget options for center.
They're also a Dynamic Duo, so one could try running Pau at 4 and Marc at 5. Pau can shoot from distance, so one doesn't necessarily have to run a 3-2 offense. But probably better.

Quote:
-Dan Majerle
Look at those outside scoring and defending stats... He is cheap atm, because of Throwback Packs.

-Jason Terry
See Dan Majerle.
Okay, but should note on Terry that he's a terrible defender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »