Home

What am I doing wrong?

This is a discussion on What am I doing wrong? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What am I doing wrong?

I keep getting beat by people who just make crazy passes the entire game I don't understand my guys just sit there don't even attempt a Steal or bat down I just played one guy who backed my guy down in the paint as far as he could and then passed it to the other big for a dunk. Or he will be backing my guy down and some guy out of nowhere will show up for a back door cut there's really nothing I can do about it. How do I make my guys go for more steals and stay in front of the offensive player I usually start Anthony Davis and diamond Ben Wallace pretty good defenders and they just let passes go right threw them. I have play physical and "tight" turned on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
MVP

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Probably you shouldn't play tight. This is not allowing help defense.
What you describe is quite common in the game as it is a game mechanic issue.

What would help.

a) play tight only on shooters
b) shrink the floor
c) when people post me up I go to defensive settings and switch double team post to " on dribble "

Of course if my opponent is good he can read the double team and pass out for an open 3 but you got to pick your poison.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:06 PM   #3
MVP

Have to manually alternate between your defenders and get in the passing lanes.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Try setting poe to play physical d. They'll attempt more interceptions and play heavier defense. Set you post settings to 3/4 top for wings/guards and 3/4 bottom for forwards and centers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2016, 12:41 AM   #5
Rookie

This game makes my head hurt I just don't get it like I honestly don't understand the crap happens when I try pick and roll **** never works when people do it against me it's the toughest play to stop in the history of basketball is there a special way to run pick and roll?

And another thing probably my biggest issue and I don't know if it happens to anyone else or just me but the computer runs play for me automatically. I know I know there is a setting to turn it off and it is off along with every other coach setting everything is set to manual but for some reason in the stats corner in the right hand side I always see "triangle" it's literally almost always the same play nothing shows up I have it set to let it show me the play diagram on screen when I call a play but this never shows up I can call 1000 plays and nothing will show up on Court, but out of nowhere it will show up I'll be walking the ball down the court in the 4th quarter and the lines will show up on court and guys will start moving around

Am I the only one this happens to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 05:07 AM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbandmjallday
This game makes my head hurt I just don't get it like I honestly don't understand the crap happens when I try pick and roll **** never works when people do it against me it's the toughest play to stop in the history of basketball is there a special way to run pick and roll?

And another thing probably my biggest issue and I don't know if it happens to anyone else or just me but the computer runs play for me automatically. I know I know there is a setting to turn it off and it is off along with every other coach setting everything is set to manual but for some reason in the stats corner in the right hand side I always see "triangle" it's literally almost always the same play nothing shows up I have it set to let it show me the play diagram on screen when I call a play but this never shows up I can call 1000 plays and nothing will show up on Court, but out of nowhere it will show up I'll be walking the ball down the court in the 4th quarter and the lines will show up on court and guys will start moving around

Am I the only one this happens to?

Check out SamPham on YouTube. Running PnRs with Hesitation moves makes them much more effective, he has tutorials on that. The angle you take is also very important.

As to the 2nd thing, that means that your default Freelance offense is the triangle. You want both the Playcall messages and Playvision display settings on show all to get all the information there are. You can either change the freelance offense, or set it to scoring acfions so that you get more looks. This year on Motion Cuts, you'll always be getting the same action.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:48 AM   #7
Rookie

I know there is no perfect settings, and I have watched Sam pham but his settings are not working for me. There is two types of player I always play, either the 3 point cheese with all 3 point shooters, and reaching in constantly getting steals all the time (like seriously guys jj redick stole the ball from Steph Curry like what?) OR the players who just pass it to the center and call another player to cut inside or just R2 boost and they get fouled or they dunk all over you. Can someone please give me defensive settings for these two types of players? I'm getting tired of Kevin Durant making contested shots literally falling back over my Shane battier. I'm in the ruby league btw.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »