Home

Team USA Draymond vs. Sapphire Josh Smith

This is a discussion on Team USA Draymond vs. Sapphire Josh Smith within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 02:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Team USA Draymond vs. Sapphire Josh Smith

Who do you guys prefer? One is only available through blacktop (green), the other you have to dig deep into your deep mt wallet. Reason I'm asking is that I'm looking for that pf that can keep defenses honest with his open 3, but more importantly can play quality defense against wings and bigs. Keep in mind that Ben Wallace is my center, who is more than capable of guarding 1-5, although shaq and alonzo give him trouble.

Pluses for Green -

- Better playmaker attributes and less liable to turnover (both have same speed w/ball surprisingly.)

- Better offensive consistency (90) vs (80), could mean the difference between hitting those one or two extra threes that make a defense honest in a game. Also has a much better contested 3.

- edges smith out in most defensive attributes, except for notable ones such as blocks, steals, and lateral quickness where smith wins outright.

Pluses for Smith

- Superior athlete with 84 speed and embarrasses draymond with his 88 vertical. posters galore if defenses close out too hard on him.

- clearly better finisher inside going to the rim and can even hit an occasional off dribble shot.

- Better rebounder combined with his athleticism can make other players rage at the potential for multiple possessions, especially combined with hustle rebounder.

I have plenty of MT, so purchasing Smith wouldn't be a problem. But 40-50k for a sapphire so early in the game is ridiculous in my opinion. Green is essentially free but I haven't played enough blacktop and don't know at which point you can get him, and it appears that getting these USA cards are a pain.

What do you guys think of these two who are almost equal defensively? Is Smiths superior finishing, athleticism and rebounding enough to outright beat draymond? Is this advantage worth the 40-50k? What other stretch 4's can also enter the conversation? Discuss.

Last edited by mr401k; 10-11-2016 at 02:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 02:57 AM   #2
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Re: Team USA Draymond vs. Sapphire Josh Smith

Diamond Larry Johnson is always the answer
Old 10-11-2016, 03:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
haha I actually have him too! lineup currently is francis/majerle/johnson/horry/wallace. lj and horry are interchangeable.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
How much it costed you to finish that collection tho?, I only have 70k and sure that's not enough.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
QNo
MVP

Smoove is likely better, and the likelihood of getting that Draymond from blacktop is low, anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
i agree with this hahaha. larry johnson is incredible!

i used emerald Draymond forever until i got Josh Smith in the handles collection. It's gonna be really really hard to remove Josh Smith from my bench tbh
Old 10-11-2016, 10:29 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
How much it costed you to finish that collection tho?, I only have 70k and sure that's not enough.
yeah thats definitely not enough. current collection bronzes are gonna take 20k of that.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
yeah thats definitely not enough. current collection bronzes are gonna take 20k of that.
This is why I've bought as many cheap bronze players as I could for collections that haven't dropped yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »