Home

My biggest problem with domination

This is a discussion on My biggest problem with domination within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

OVR: 0
My biggest problem with domination

Let me start by saying I've really enjoyed the domination mode this year. I've got 2 games left, and running through every team in the game nearly has been fun and challenging.

That being said, the way domination is set up defeats the purpose of Myteam. MT is supposed to be about crafting a fantasy team of players that fit your style of basketball you want to play. Domination and the MT requirements to advance means that there is only really 1 way to play this mode. Fast break non stop, go for steals and blocks at the detriment of all other D, shoot basically as soon as possible hopefully off an assist.

There really is no other way to do it once you get to the higher levels, and it kind of sucks. If I was really facing a team with Magic as their PG, I'd want to slow the game down and muck it up ala the 07 Spurs. You can do that, win by 20, and still be 200 MT short of advancing. I hope next year they craft this mode to enable a wider diversity of play style besides forcing you to be the SSOL Suns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
MVP

Re: My biggest problem with domination

Domination mode teaches EVERYONE how to cheese in MTO by breaking/exploting any mechanic.

I agree with you, that not only you can't win with your team of choice, but you have to play a specific way too.

I find it really boring and I have never played it through, even though I could use these players
Old 10-15-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Disagree with you guys, loving domination. The tough games i have won i dont recall being the same formula, im fact different players stepped up for each. Against the east, i spread the floor and found the lack of 3pt threat easy to defend, where as against the west, i shut down there wings and the game was won in the paint. The all nba final game was a low scoring defensive game which ended in durant off the bench breaking the game open in the mid range. Been fun so far
Old 10-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
Rookie

I disagree too. Domination is so much 'better' than previous years. This is the first year you can actually play a slower game, run plays and play quality basketball. Fastbreaks are broken so fastbreak spam like last year is just not possible, at least not for me.

Goal this year is to play efficient basketball on offense and make sure you reach the FG/FT/3PT limits, while playing quality defense. Leaving guys open on defense to regain possession to speed up the pace won't work like last year because the CPU makes more shots and you miss out on + points for good defense and rebound.

I finished normal domination with a decent squad running a combination of flow/pace freelance and the Wizards playbook. I follow freelance branches or use 3-4 plays for 60% of the time. The other 40% goes to improvisation plays using PnR/Post/Cuts.

Slow the pace down and play smart efficient basketball. You don't have to play like the last few years to reach the goal.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #5
MVP

you don't need to run and gun, as long as you're not trying to burn the shot clock you should have no problem coming up with the points if you're percentages are high
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Im nearing the end of historic. So how do we get mt boosts again? I know 10 fts made can give you 100. 5 three pointers another 100. What else is there to keep an eye on?
Old 10-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Shooting percentages and win differential as well.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #8
Pro

domination is much easier this year with more ways you get Mt from playing defense. It's not like last year where you had to constantly do post fades.

I beat domination with a pretty crappy lineup. Only switched to my best team against the Allstars teams. I replayed maybe 3 games against the jazz because my bronze lineup couldn't defend. It's not as stressful as last year where not getting the Mt requirement was a thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »