Home

After prestiging, here are some tips to win in MTO

This is a discussion on After prestiging, here are some tips to win in MTO within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #9
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: After prestiging, here are some tips to win in MTO

One last thing I forgot to mention is that you HAVE to limit your turnovers.

This is the advantage of playing at a slower place. I'm able to control the offense better and I know exactly what position every one of my guys are gonna be in so less mistakes happen.

Turnovers are deadly in this game because the transition 3 gets open a lot. I can't tell you how many times me or my opponent get a wide open 3 off of a steal or block.

Lots of my games would be close in the 1st half then my opponent just start committing turnovers leading to wide open 3s then I'm up by 10 in no time.

In terms of fatigue, less turbo/dribbling and more set plays will keep your guys fresher throughout the game. Guys don't realize that. If you play at a frantic pace, you pay for it at the end of the game by having no stamina to score or play defense.

This is crucial. Slow down and play smart.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 10-25-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #10
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

OVR: 0

Can you talk a little more about your on the ball defense strategies? Specifically when to hold L2 vs not. I try to play on ball, but I seem to get shook a lot. If I try to sag off a little my guy drifts into the lane for an easy 3, if I press up they get an open lane to the basket. Is it just practice/feel that gets you better for anticipating, or do you have a technique?
Old 10-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #11
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiethetree
Can you talk a little more about your on the ball defense strategies? Specifically when to hold L2 vs not. I try to play on ball, but I seem to get shook a lot. If I try to sag off a little my guy drifts into the lane for an easy 3, if I press up they get an open lane to the basket. Is it just practice/feel that gets you better for anticipating, or do you have a technique?
I've found that holding L2 the whole time they are on the perimeter works for me.

If they turbo and get a step on you, let go of L2 and turbo into the spot they are going to cut them off.

When the game first came out, defensive assist was set to 0 for everyone. Now you can change it so that may help. But I keep mine on 0.

I always try to force them to take the jumper because the percentages will eventually even out in my favor. I don't sag per say but I give them some space. However, against curry I'm up on him like white on rice.

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #12
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I've found that holding L2 the whole time they are on the perimeter works for me.

If they turbo and get a step on you, let go of L2 and turbo into the spot they are going to cut them off.

When the game first came out, defensive assist was set to 0 for everyone. Now you can change it so that may help. But I keep mine on 0.

I always try to force them to take the jumper because the percentages will eventually even out in my favor. I don't sag per say but I give them some space. However, against curry I'm up on him like white on rice.

Right on, just got to Ruby league but I know I've got a long way to go on the sticks.

Could you also maybe detail what playbook and offensive sets you like to run? I have Tony Parker and LJ, so I'm all about that 1-4 PNR. However, whenever I try to post LJ the entry pass person is a wing rather than Parker. I've also found that when I try to run plays besides basic iso or post ups online, it takes forever to get into the set and half the time I have to break the play to prevent a shor clock violation. I know you recommend slowing the offense down, but any tips on actually getting into sets faster?
Old 10-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiethetree
Right on, just got to Ruby league but I know I've got a long way to go on the sticks.

Could you also maybe detail what playbook and offensive sets you like to run? I have Tony Parker and LJ, so I'm all about that 1-4 PNR. However, whenever I try to post LJ the entry pass person is a wing rather than Parker. I've also found that when I try to run plays besides basic iso or post ups online, it takes forever to get into the set and half the time I have to break the play to prevent a shor clock violation. I know you recommend slowing the offense down, but any tips on actually getting into sets faster?
If Parker has the ball in his hands and you call for a Quick Play LJ Post-Up, I think the CPU should have your team basically allow TP and LJ have an ISO'd two man game.

If you're having problems with plays taking too long, think about these factors:

1. Running and playbook and a freelance that match up will probably help your guys get into the play set more quickly.

2. You may want to call plays right after inbounding, if you've been calling them after crossing halfcourt.

3. In the end, some plays are just going to take most of the shot clock to get to the final actions and only way to use those plays is to call them very early in the possession, and to have no/minimal hiccups in the setup.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #14
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

The CPU only seems to want Parker to be the entry passer if he's on the wing when I call the post up. If he's at the top of the arc or on the opposite side of the floor from who I want to post, it forces me to use a wing (usually Marion, who is a good spot shooter but not who I want running the two man game)
Old 10-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #15
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

You could not be more right about controlling the pace & playing slow and smart. I find myself getting extremely frustrated when I start to get behind and play the run n gun game all these cheesers love to play.

I would say my only difference is that I play on ball 65% & off-ball 35%. Primarily when guarding outside the 3 pt. line, I find that I MUST control the nearest defender for proper help defense if my guy gets beat off the dribble. Anything that's in the perimeter or paint is all On-Ball D for me.

Help defense is broken this year just like it is every year in 2k, and I hate having to manually do it myself, but what can you do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 01:26 AM   #16
Rookie

Thanks for the input Gotti! Quick question, have you tried switch instead of "stay attached" for Pick and roll defense? f so how did it work for you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »