Home

MTO is disgusting

This is a discussion on MTO is disgusting within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MTO is disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
The lower seeds are on Pro/Allstar difficulty settings, so manual steals and blocks will be more successful.
Ah, that makes sense. Still...I can't steal like these guys can. Kind of like I can't zig-zag 3-point cheese like some can. There's some skill in the cheese that I begrudgingly respect.

Hit yet another guy really good at steals and generally competent, handing me my first loss, in the Gold league. Not a big deal since it's so easy to advance out of these early rounds and because the rewards are irrelevant at this point. But it's startling to give up double-digit steals that are straight-up steals, and not resulting from bad passes (generally).

Quote:
Against most opponents, you don't really need an offensive strategy other than bringing the ball up, waiting for them to press X, and driving past or shooting FTs. I've gotten 20+ FTs in a bunch of games, simply because people's only concept of playing D is spamming the steal button. You really need to protect the ball well, I mess up in every game, too. There are also some settings like the one SamPham talks about that will help tremendously with off-ball steals.
Yeah, I've tried those and I think that it generally helps increase count by a handful. There may be some question as to whether it's worth the corresponding trade-offs. I was using Auto settings in this last game, but my opponent hit several threes due to defenders only being in slight contest range (i.e. along the lines of Shrinking the Floor). Of course, it's stating the obvious that no single set of settings fits all situations/opponents/teams.

And you're right...I've only played something like 7 or 8 games so far and what I've mostly seen are opponents who are easily beaten with merely competent execution. No strategy necessary. No plays. Not really any freelance "plays." Just probe the defense and exploit mistakes they make. Similarly, for defense, just need to be competent and no more.

I'm a little disappointed in continued factor of lag. I have to release free throw shots at 50-75% of the meter, in order to get it near full. The delay seems to be smaller for regular jumpshots, but there's still a lag. Also a bit of a lag on input from time to time, which will make it tough to do stuff like drive and dish, because the input for pass doesn't register and, instead, the player tries to complete the shot.

Which is all something that, well, just gotta get used to. And one can. The most annoying thing is that one has to very consciously remind oneself that one is playing online or offline, to compensate for lag, or not.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #18
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Ah, that makes sense. Still...I can't steal like these guys can. Kind of like I can't zig-zag 3-point cheese like some can. There's some skill in the cheese that I begrudgingly respect.

Hit yet another guy really good at steals and generally competent, handing me my first loss, in the Gold league. Not a big deal since it's so easy to advance out of these early rounds and because the rewards are irrelevant at this point. But it's startling to give up double-digit steals that are straight-up steals, and not resulting from bad passes (generally).

Yeah, I've tried those and I think that it generally helps increase count by a handful. There may be some question as to whether it's worth the corresponding trade-offs. I was using Auto settings in this last game, but my opponent hit several threes due to defenders only being in slight contest range (i.e. along the lines of Shrinking the Floor). Of course, it's stating the obvious that no single set of settings fits all situations/opponents/teams.

And you're right...I've only played something like 7 or 8 games so far and what I've mostly seen are opponents who are easily beaten with merely competent execution. No strategy necessary. No plays. Not really any freelance "plays." Just probe the defense and exploit mistakes they make. Similarly, for defense, just need to be competent and no more.

I'm a little disappointed in continued factor of lag. I have to release free throw shots at 50-75% of the meter, in order to get it near full. The delay seems to be smaller for regular jumpshots, but there's still a lag. Also a bit of a lag on input from time to time, which will make it tough to do stuff like drive and dish, because the input for pass doesn't register and, instead, the player tries to complete the shot.

Which is all something that, well, just gotta get used to. And one can. The most annoying thing is that one has to very consciously remind oneself that one is playing online or offline, to compensate for lag, or not.

Yeah I definitely feel like I have to relearn the shot timing of all of my players every game when playing online.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:25 PM   #19
Pro

Online is on Pro... it's for the casual gamer.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Think that's just for lower seeds. Not sure when it switches, but it goes up to All-Star. I think I read somewhere that the PD League is at Superstar, but could very well be wrong about that.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Only the bronze and silver leagues are on pro, at it's actually the exact opposite, casual gamers get stomped on and ran off the court in MTO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2016, 03:30 AM   #22
Pro

MTO is hella frustrating to play. Just started getting into it and man its hard to guard when your ai defenders aren't boxing out. Shaq is just camping under the basket and grabbing offensive rebounds unless I have to box him out myself.

I can't hit wide open 3s with the button, so I switched to the stick and than I'm hitting even contested shots. I dunno if it's the bonus on the stick but man the punishment for using the button is crazy for me.

Guys are turboing into the paint every possession. Still not used to this part of online. Also those backdoor cuts are too OP, the ai is too stupid to stop it at times which forces you to keep switching. This is the year of offballing, almost impossible to play on ball only with guys just cutting to the basket with no problem now.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #23
Rookie

Matchmaking is pure garbage. I have a high 80 rated team earned with game play. Mix of emerald and sapphire players. Get matched up in gold league with someone who has Jordan and Duncan, David Robinson and every ruby and diamond released. So sick to have almost no chance.

He had more badges that come with a player than my whole team combined has. That's fair. I lost by less than 10 but it is torture to watch them play like a baboon and still make shots just to work hard to barely keep pace. Especially when you have to go undefeated to get the pack.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:59 PM   #24
MVP

anyone else notice a stark increase in lag spikes recently?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »