Home

My team moments cards discussion

This is a discussion on My team moments cards discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: My team moments cards discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Ppl gotta stop ony looking at the open 3 rating when discussing shooters, the contested and off dribble numbers matter just as much. With Harden's ability to create space I'm sure he's an adequate 3 pt shooter with those #'s.
Yeah you do leaning mid range with someone who only got a 82 in that field and 3's off the dribble with only 79, re back to me with your results, off the dribble shots only count when doing a leaning, spin jumper, or hop jumper, so again good luck with that ruby harden.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:12 PM   #74
MVP

Harden is for driving to the basket and bludgeoning the opposition with difficult layups, zero-runway dunks, and/or fouls until that's in their head. And then you can feint a drive and stepback midrange and even threes, especially when already hot. I don't look to shoot threes with him, but if he's gapped or left open and he has momentum, he's definitely a reliable outside shooter.

For me, so far, having played him in 48 games, in 8.9 Minutes Per Game, this is what my Emerald Harden gets me:

11.4 Points Per Game (8.9MPG)
2 Assists Per Game
.662 FG% (206-311)
.541 3P% (20-37)
.930 FT% (120-129)

Pretty happy with that. Look forward to getting the Ruby, when it's cheap.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
Yeah you do leaning mid range with someone who only got a 82 in that field and 3's off the dribble with only 79, re back to me with your results, off the dribble shots only count when doing a leaning, spin jumper, or hop jumper, so again good luck with that ruby harden.
well you're playing with James Harden, not Steph Curry lol. I hit tons of 3's with Iverson/Igoudala/Kobe and he's got better #'s than any of them. He also has 88 playmaking. If you just spam 3's all game he's not your best option, but he looks pretty good to me. I really like his animations to. Obviously it's probably best to wait for his diamond, but to say it's a bad card is a stretch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
well you're playing with James Harden, not Steph Curry lol. I hit tons of 3's with Iverson/Igoudala/Kobe and he's got better #'s than any of them. He also has 88 playmaking. If you just spam 3's all game he's not your best option, but he looks pretty good to me. I really like his animations to. Obviously it's probably best to wait for his diamond, but to say it's a bad card is a stretch
Harden is not my cup of tea, normally. But I grew a fondness for him with his Diamond version in 2K16 in Blacktop (and Blacktop only).

Really enjoying him this year, when he's surrounded by high-end defenders who can shoot. Best if the Center is a Stretch 5 and can shoot at least midrange, but ideally also from 3 (i.e. KAT).

His True Shooting Percentage, not so much because of threes, but due to FT's and And-1's, coupled with high conversion rate of layups and dunks at the rim, is filthy.

He's a mess on defense, but if you are conscientious about manualing him at the right moments and staying in front of guys to prevent open threes, then the main issue is getting faked out and blown past, which is what the 4 defensive teammates are for.

It's just a shame that there aren't any +9 Lat Quickness Adidas shoes, as far as I've seen. But there are plenty that further buff his offensive capabilities. I.e. the Lillard shoe with +9 to Contested/Open Mid, or the T-Mac for +9 Driving Dunk, +6 Moving Mid, +3 Speed w/Ball. Or the T-Mac with +6 Ball Control, +9 Driving Layup, and +3 Speed w/Ball.

Too bad, because I think bumping Lat Quickness from 60 to 69 and Shot Contest from 75 to like 81 could be a pretty big deal in covering up his glaring weakness at D.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:04 PM   #77
MVP

I still believe that an Emerald T-Mac with a +9 driving lay-up + 6 Free throw Rose gold shoe is almost phenomenal and probably better offensively vs Ruby Harden/Kobe as a SG

His Height also helps him in defense plus he can guard positions 1-3 easily (even some Stretch PF) to get him opposed the oppoenents worse defender
Old 11-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I still believe that an Emerald T-Mac with a +9 driving lay-up + 6 Free throw Rose gold shoe is almost phenomenal and probably better offensively vs Ruby Harden/Kobe as a SG
Maybe not as a SG, but one Rating I'd want to boost on T-Mac is his Ball Control, which is a bit low at 84.

Or his Post Fade, which is great for a guard at 84, but could be pushed into the 90s to be a go-to shot.

Personally, I'm using Harden at PG, which I think is his natural position. So I value his higher Ball Control and, of course, his dramatically better passing stats. Otherwise, yeah...T-Mac is probably a better offensive player.

On Defense, he has some relative pluses, especially an 80 Block Rating. But one thing that's concerning about T-Mac is his 55 Shot Contest, which is horrendous.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #79
MVP

Incoming ruby Demar Derozan, dude simply does not miss anymore.

40/5/5 on 23 shots, can't see that not being good enough to get it done
Old 11-03-2016, 05:49 AM   #80
Pro

Quote:
Incoming ruby Demar Derozan, dude simply does not miss anymore.

40/5/5 on 23 shots, can't see that not being good enough to get it done
I picked up Sapphire Demar and he is an unbelievably powerful scorer. Had 27 points with in my first game with him online. And he came off the bench! He has these dribble animations that he just explodes out of, the 79 speed is very deceiving. Also, his moving mid range is just lights out. Hit a few dirty step backs with him too. Step back dribble move into a crossover into a step back jumper, it was jaw dropping sexy.

Cannot wait to see how good the ruby will be once he gets it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »