Home

Ummm...this David Robinson...is a GOD

This is a discussion on Ummm...this David Robinson...is a GOD within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #17
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Ummm...this David Robinson...is a GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
Sorry to rain on your parade brother, but this card is meh at best. I have diamond Shaq, and I can tell you that your precious little junk collection center and his dynamic duo are toast when going up against centers with even an average level of athleticism and height. Paying 100k+ for this card is absurd, and you've been played by 2k. I'd love to host a block party for all of those who disagree.
If you're on PS4, add me and we can see.

PSN: EarvGotti242
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-27-2016, 06:56 PM   #18
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

OVR: 0

Can you stream this matchup lol?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:12 PM   #19
Pro

roboas's Arena

I'm on XB. I found know a friend with D Rob and we'll share our results with the community.

To the guy who thinks I'm bitter because I locked my money into diamond shaq: It's a 1 ruby collection. I've had him over a month and never regretted the decision. If you every play against one you'll understand. My bigger issue is that I have too much MT and no where to put it. 2k is taking their sweet time hyping up these fantastical duos and mediocre collections. We all know that the good stuff is coming later. So Diamond Shaq was one of the only options available on the market that stood out.

I'm attaching a pic of my stats like you did for D Rob. I don't have a single player who's in double digits other than King, and I just got him. My average player has 6-7 pts a game. I don't play hero ball, so the stats are unremarkable.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shaq.jpg (141.0 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by roboas; 10-27-2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Pic
Old 10-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
If you're on PS4, add me and we can see.

PSN: EarvGotti242
I'll play you but only if it's a wager.

Last edited by KyrieAbuser; 10-27-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #21
Banned

you guys do realize that diamond shaq really isnt overpriced, yeah?

he is simply abusive as hell. if you have him, or have played against him, you just know. he literally is a force. they finally got shaq right. paying 400k for him is really nothing tbh cus he lasts all year long. the only replacements will be Hakeem, Wilt, or a better shaq. meanwhile...you'll replace david robinson. i personally believe that D Rob is probably really good. his skillset tells me so....but diamond shaq aint overpriced either lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #22
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
you guys do realize that diamond shaq really isnt overpriced, yeah?

he is simply abusive as hell. if you have him, or have played against him, you just know. he literally is a force. they finally got shaq right. paying 400k for him is really nothing tbh cus he lasts all year long. the only replacements will be Hakeem, Wilt, or a better shaq. meanwhile...you'll replace david robinson. i personally believe that D Rob is probably really good. his skillset tells me so....but diamond shaq aint overpriced either lol
Agreed. D Rob had a nice Onyx Card in 2k15, but who didn't? He's consistently had a poor post fade and weak stamina, but great defense and layups. This year he has speed. But that's nothing when your 90+ guard is giving a piggy back ride to a bigman on a fastbreak with the way speed is equalized in this game.

Yes, Diamond shaq is cheap. I think I paid 250K for the whole collection (XB pricing). 2k is gonna make a lot of money when they decide to release those magic TBT packs. Until then i'll be feasting.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #23
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
I think I paid 250K for the whole collection (XB pricing).
If you paid 250k then you were ahead of the game. Supply and demand has driven up the magic collection to north of 600k on PS4. Shaq is a bargain if you managed to get him early.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:02 PM   #24
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
If you paid 250k then you were ahead of the game. Supply and demand has driven up the magic collection to north of 600k on PS4. Shaq is a bargain if you managed to get him early.
There is no magic collection to speak of on XB. Haven't seen a Jameer since about a week after those BM packs dropped, and there is a lone sapphire that pops up sporadically every once in a while.

One that is realistic that I recommend you all check out is Manu. It's also a 1 ruby collection, it's available, and he has SICK moves. He's got that sparkplug / microwave / clutch performer, so I'm always using him when it counts, and he delivers. I was a little weary of committing to someone who's release I wasn't certain about, but I am in love with his abilities and his jumper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »