Home

Just gotta remind everyone one more time how good Shaq is

This is a discussion on Just gotta remind everyone one more time how good Shaq is within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
Pro

Scooby Doo's Arena

OVR: 0
Just gotta remind everyone one more time how good Shaq is

Dude is an animal. Got one for 100k last night and I've played five games with him online. Dude is averaging 16 5 and 2... he's so good. Has single handedly carried me through the ruby league. I'm not even a post player but I became one with Shaq.

Also make sure if you have or buy him to use D Wade! Shaq with an 80 free throw is pure cheese lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Just gotta remind everyone one more time how good Shaq is

He's nice but that wade would cause to much problem due to his crappy shot.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:03 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
He's nice but that wade would cause to much problem due to his crappy shot.
Rookie Wade is underwhelming but would be worth it to have non-ideal SG if really trying to emphasize Shaq...dumping it in to him to bully in the paint.

The buffs the duo gives Shaq are ridiculous. The Free Throw up to 80 is absurd, but it also bumps Standing Dunk to 99, Post Hook to 96, and Stamina +7 to 85.

If you're just working the paint with Shaq, your SG is just going to stand around anyway. And you can always post up Shaq opposite of Wade if you're concerned about dishing back out to a shooter.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #4
MVP

Ruby Shaq takes waaay too long to get back on D, for every bucket he gets he gives one up
Old 10-31-2016, 08:26 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Ruby Shaq takes waaay too long to get back on D, for every bucket he gets he gives one up
I agree it's a liability but it's not crippling if one is successful on the offensive end with Shaq. Because he's not so slow that he can't get back after a made bucket or free throw.

That said, for sure one of the ways to deal with Shaq is to run relentlessly. Even if you don't get the fast break score, you're still forcing the opponent to turbo Shaq up and all of that will limit his minutes/effectiveness.

In the same vein, I would constantly call 1-5 P&R's to force him to move around a lot in halfcourt defense. Especially maybe with someone like DMC, calling Pick&Fades, so he can't just camp around the free throw line to mark a roll, and has to legit defend on the perimeter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2016, 08:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

I haven't had any issues whit Shaq's transition defense. Your center never going to be the 1st guy back on defense. It's the other guys job to stop the break. Plus if you're pounding the paint and scoring with Shaq his match up will be inbounding the ball most of the time.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:15 PM   #7
Pro

Maybe ppl are using him improperly, but I have yet to struggle against him. Brow, Deandre and Boogie all do well. For me.

If you face a user w Shaq, and you aren't running the break constantly.....you're doing it wrong. So yeah...I could see ppl having problems if they don't exploit his lack of speed.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:37 AM   #8
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I haven't had any issues whit Shaq's transition defense. Your center never going to be the 1st guy back on defense. It's the other guys job to stop the break. Plus if you're pounding the paint and scoring with Shaq his match up will be inbounding the ball most of the time.
Every time I face a guy with using Ruby Shaq, I start Towns at center and he takes a huge dump on him. Of course Towns can't defend him but I literally torch him on the other end with that speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »