Home

I am so tired about those Muresans/Bols/Bradleys

This is a discussion on I am so tired about those Muresans/Bols/Bradleys within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I am so tired about those Muresans/Bols/Bradleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
On offense you gotta engage these tall Centers in the pick n roll. They are slow and have low lateral quickness so they take long to recover.
I totally agree, but in specific case of playing Big Ben at 5, that's not really a solution. Because Ben is zero threat to shoot from even midrange, if you run P&R with him, then opponent can just camp at the free-throw line to pick up Ben's roll...and also be ready to stop penetration by the ballhandler.

If you really want to exploit these slow, super-tall Centers, then I still think, along with relentless fast breaking, the answer is high screens, but not for Pick & Rolls, but for...

1. Pick & Fade. If your Center can shoot from deep midrange and especially from 3, and is also a roll threat, then you can really exploit guys like Bol. The problem is that there are not many bigs who can shoot and, as importantly, can release before contest comes. And those who can, are usually liabilities on the defensive end.

2. Shoot off the Screen. With the ballhandler. Curry is the archetype to just roll off the screen and fire up a 3-pointer. If you have a good screen setter and are good at steering the perimeter defender into the screener, then the only way to defend this is basically to not just hard hedge with the big defender, but to actually switch and step up and contest.

And if someone like Bol is coming up all the way to the 3-point line to defend that shot, then that opens up the P&R game.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #18
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
2. Shoot off the Screen. With the ballhandler. Curry is the archetype to just roll off the screen and fire up a 3-pointer.
A forgotten art that I see online is the midrange off of a screen. There are more available players that can shoot a very high % mid than three right now. If you run the proper spacing, you can feast from 18 feet. It's one of the reasons I still want to complete blacktop for Parker.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #19
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Ruby Anthony Davis is the best big man for this. He can shoot, attack the paint and is great defensively.

I put a 3pt shoe on him and he hasn't missed from 3 for me.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
A forgotten art that I see online is the midrange off of a screen. There are more available players that can shoot a very high % mid than three right now. If you run the proper spacing, you can feast from 18 feet. It's one of the reasons I still want to complete blacktop for Parker.
That's true. Especially because I think 2K has made moving and even contested midrange shots much more viable shots.

So, yeah...don't have to take the shot off the screen from outside the arc. Longer midrange achieves the same goal if it forces the big to hedge/switch to prevent open jumpers by ballhandler.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #21
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Run a pick and pop or the 5-out freelance set. Drag them out of the paint. I always have a stretch 4/5 at the end of my bench that can hit the three ball for situations like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Run a pick and pop or the 5-out freelance set. Drag them out of the paint. I always have a stretch 4/5 at the end of my bench that can hit the three ball for situations like this.
+100000000000
Old 11-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #23
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
You should grab Ruby David West too from BT then. Him and Tony Parker make a godly midrange duo. 95 Midrange and gold Catch and Shoot with Midrange deadeye. Combined with Parkers HOF P&R badge. Bam.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »