Home

New Promo: DEEP SHOOTERS

This is a discussion on New Promo: DEEP SHOOTERS within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Promo: DEEP SHOOTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Other than that, I have the feeling that this collection is basically the same player with minor adjustments.
The Ray Allen card looks like a Copy & Paste of last year's reward card.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Turns out the reward Rice is just like previous Rice versions from the last number of years. Built like a big man. Post fade, post hook, put back, etc. He has a 0 shot mid and 0 shot from 3.

Those tendencies don't affect users at all. 0 shooting tendencies don't impact makes or misses. Also doesn't affect if he spots up for 3s or cuts, your freelance dictates that. I wouldn't worry about his tendencies.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
All in all, we already have plenty of excellent shooters around even before the pack

IMO right now the game is missing Slashers that can shoot and Centers. Most of the slashers in the game can't really shoot and Centers are very rare and expensive
I definitely would have preferred for them to release "post scorer" or "lockdown defender" packs today.

Center is the weakest position in the game right now by far.

I wish that diamond Jack Sikma and diamond Arvydas Sabonis were more obtainable, because those are two centers I'd love to have on my team, but there's no way that I'm going to be able to afford locking in all those rubies and sapphires in those two historic collections.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-08-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Those tendencies don't affect users at all. 0 shooting tendencies don't impact makes or misses. Also doesn't affect if he spots up for 3s or cuts, your freelance dictates that. I wouldn't worry about his tendencies.
I don't think that's entirely true. I think most people think it will impact how he might behave during a fast break. And I would assume that it will impact how he behaves if you run your Freelance in Scoring Actions mode, as well as during any branches when he is making a read, which can happen even in Motion Cuts.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:23 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I don't think that's entirely true. I think most people think it will impact how he might behave during a fast break. And I would assume that it will impact how he behaves if you run your Freelance in Scoring Actions mode, as well as during any branches when he is making a read, which can happen even in Motion Cuts.

It defiantly doesn't affect fast break behavior. My bigs (with 0 3pt ten.) drift to the 3pt line on beaks and shooter (whit high 3pt ten) cut to the hoop. Fast break behavior this year is as bad as it ever been.

Freelance sets are predetermined action base off whatever set you choose. The AI make reads but tendencies don't impact their decision making. If you're in a floppy set and put a player with 0 3pt tendencies on the wing. He will still run off them screens for 3pt shots. I tested this out with post tendencies. Players with 0 post tendencies will post up if they're playing a position that requires them to regardless of their tendencies.

Those tendencies are for CPU controlled teams. When you play vs Curry who has 99 3pt tendencies he put up a ton of 3s.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:34 PM   #38
MVP

I agree that fast break behavior seems to not make sense and, given that, bad tendencies maybe are irrelevant because it's already "broken."

On reads in Motion Cuts...I don't know. Maybe they make reads and make decisions that don't tie to tendencies, just openings in the situation.

But I still assume that Scoring Actions operates in accordance with tendencies.

But I don't know how much any of this fundamentally affects how the player plays, as I don't have him and don't plan on getting him.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:19 PM   #39
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Saved up my VC (basically since the game came out) to open a 20 pack box, and I'm just so disappointed haha. Emerald Gallinari topper and only one sapphire (Dunleavy) and two more emeralds out of the entire box. At least I didn't spend $50 on this garbage... I'll only be opening league pass packs from now on.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 11-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
It defiantly doesn't affect fast break behavior. My bigs (with 0 3pt ten.) drift to the 3pt line on beaks and shooter (whit high 3pt ten) cut to the hoop. Fast break behavior this year is as bad as it ever been.
Ben Wallace drifts out to the three point line all the time on fastbreaks in My Team Online.

Fastbreak behavior is just bad on both sides of the ball in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »