Home

How do you get better in blacktop?

This is a discussion on How do you get better in blacktop? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2016, 03:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you get better in blacktop?

Hey,
I'm on level 3 and it takes forever to advance each level, any tips for winning games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 03:10 AM   #2
MVP

Re: How do you get better in blacktop?

May the best cheese win man... be patient, get open shots, take a lot of 3s. Find a bad matchup for your opponent and exploit it. Every game is different, but it all comes down to knowing your players and getting good shot releases.

The difference usually comes down to who is better on the release and defense, basically your goal everytime down is to get 2 points, but settle for 1 when it's easy. Choose players that can create shots and shoot 3's, SF's are the best IMO because generally speaking they can defend inside and out

Last edited by Foldzy; 11-11-2016 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:57 AM   #3
Pro

Become a cheeser...

Pick 10 players you can shoot 2's with easy with, and look to shoot 2's the whole game, and it help if you know how to dribble but most people play off ball so you can call for a screen and wait for them to hit screen then if they playing off ball, the CPU never switch so wait for them to roll back to man then shoot the 2, you should be open every play with this but thats only if they playing off ball.

Last edited by KyrieAbuser; 11-11-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #4
Pro

I would probally hold off from playing this mode at the moment until they fix the odds. The double techs and ridiculous amounts of lineup resets is the current odds so playing this mode now would take forever to advance.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #5
Pro

Bi00's Arena

The advice here is solid and I have a tip for offense and defense.

On offense, have some way of generating consistent offense. This can be dribble penetration on bad defenders, post up on mismatches, or the most predictable, pick and roll. Learn icon passing for pick and rolls so you can hit the open man consistently.

On defense, when the possession switches to your opponent, make sure you manually control your players guarding their 3 point shooters and manually bring them to your 3 point line as your opponent walks up the court. The AI has a habit of sagging off on good drivers even if they are great three point shooters. Or sometimes the AI just gets completely lost so make sure you don't give up the walk up three.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #6
MVP

Honestly when I'm playing blacktop against a decent player it just feels like I win when the CPU wants me to win and I lose when they want me to lose. There are definately some people out there that have figured out some cheese, but if you play straight up it really just feels like whoever gets more 2k love wins.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #7
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Honestly when I'm playing blacktop against a decent player it just feels like I win when the CPU wants me to win and I lose when they want me to lose. There are definately some people out there that have figured out some cheese, but if you play straight up it really just feels like whoever gets more 2k love wins.
I feel the same way. Last night I was playing blacktop and I had one game where I missed 5 open catch and shoot 2s with Horry. In the next round I scored 10 with Horry on 5/6 from 2 with multiple green releases. There's a certain level of skill involved but at some point it just feels a little random.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »