Home

Dear 2K, Some seriously constructive criticism

This is a discussion on Dear 2K, Some seriously constructive criticism within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dear 2K, Some seriously constructive criticism

A custom playbook option, pretty please.
Make it unlockable after collecting certain amount of cards, or maybe after collecting playbooks for all the current and historic teams.

A lot more offline content, ideally with an option to select difficulty and quarter length.Some people want to plow through offline content just to get cards/MT pts, and some people want to play longer offline games all season long and get cards/MT pts. This way everybody wins.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:23 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
I posted this on Reddit but I'll also add it here, I think it does a good job of add on to what you said but focuses more on the content of the MyTeam mode.

2K's version of the Ultimate Team game mode (MyTeam) is pretty decent. In my opinion it is nowhere near what Madden or FIFA has, even NBA Live has a pretty nice Ultimate Team but unfortunately that game is pretty rough.

2K did some things right with MyTeam this year IMO: The collections and their rewards, the weekly challenges with challenge tokens (although they are too spread out), MyTeam Online and the structure of it, and the rewards in general for just playing the game are fantastic this year.

MyTeam Blacktop mode is a solid concept with poor execution, the technical foul thing is terrible. The higher value reward cards (Team USA, sapphires, rubies, etc.) seem to be weighted far too low to get some of them. If someone wanted to collect all Team USA cards it would be EXTREMELY difficult and time consuming. I'm fine with a grind but that is too much IMO.

A few things they should take from FIFA Ultimate Team is the seasons concept, at least for Single Player. Not everyone plays online or wants to, and some would like both. I'd like 2K to implement a single player seasons mode where you can take your team through different levels of teams. Domination is okay but you really can only play it once and you have to play a certain way that is not appealing to me and most.

I think they could also add more challenges, if they want this to be one of their flagship modes and they want people to spend money on it, it needs a TON of content. (I'm looking at you Madden Ultimate Team) Maybe they could create community challenges, special holiday promos, continue with moment challenges, etc.

Online is far too laggy and catered towards the more casual player for it to ever be taken seriously as a competitive mode. 2K really needs to take a look at this and make it more realistic/higher difficulty level to increase the competition and cut down on the cheese. FIFA did a great thing with FUT Champions this year and it's completely blown up and people love it.

One of my biggest issues is the strategy component seems to be lost and it takes a backseat to everything IMO. I would LOVE to see 2K implement an option in the MyTeam menu where we can customize our team with the tactics we want to use and it will carry over into every game. Why do I have to set my offense and defense how I want it to be fresh for every game. The in-game stuff should be for adjustment purposes only.

I would also love to see 2K add a practice mode where you can have a full team practice to go over plays, strategies, different offenses/defenses, etc.

I like MyTeam but it could be so much more. For something that makes them a ton of money, I would really like to see them take it more seriously and put more effort into it.
i sent all of this to LD 2 years ago. Practice mode, seasons, all that.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #11
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
i sent all of this to LD 2 years ago. Practice mode, seasons, all that.
I wish they would get on with it, it would be incredible.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 05:59 PM   #12
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

They have done an amazing job this year in terms of rewarding people for actually playing the game, content and new features.

- I love the stat tracking. This is something that i've been asking for, for years and i love using it to decide which players i want to keep or let go.

- Finally they reward you for playing online and give you something to play for. I wish and hope they can/will update the rewards every few months or so like Madden does. But it's nice to get players for actually playing online.

- Seasons mode would be great for offline.

- Leaderboards are a must next year to see who the top My Team players are.

I can honestly say that they have made great improvements this year and i hope they keep it up.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
They have done an amazing job this year in terms of rewarding people for actually playing the game, content and new features.

- I love the stat tracking. This is something that i've been asking for, for years and i love using it to decide which players i want to keep or let go.

- Finally they reward you for playing online and give you something to play for. I wish and hope they can/will update the rewards every few months or so like Madden does. But it's nice to get players for actually playing online.

I can honestly say that they have made great improvements this year and i hope they keep it up.
Hope they keep stat tracking of blacktop and MTO seperate. I cant tell whaat my stats are in MTO are cause its all messed up from Blacktop mode.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #14
Pro

The entire "undefeated" thing is ridiculous. And for those that have completed rank 2 and are going to do a league again, only to lose the first game to some whacka55 cheese......Cmon now. I honestly think it should be win-based....or give a token for 200 mto wins or something. I'm NEVER going to go undefeated in the last 4 leagues. My 0-4 streak has extended to 0-5. Against someone in the emerald league. WHAT GIVES
Old 11-12-2016, 06:28 PM   #15
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Hope they keep stat tracking of blacktop and MTO seperate. I cant tell whaat my stats are in MTO are cause its all messed up from Blacktop mode.
Oh i didn't realize that was the case. I never played blacktop and only MTO exclusively so my stats are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
The entire "undefeated" thing is ridiculous. And for those that have completed rank 2 and are going to do a league again, only to lose the first game to some whacka55 cheese......Cmon now. I honestly think it should be win-based....or give a token for 200 mto wins or something. I'm NEVER going to go undefeated in the last 4 leagues. My 0-4 streak has extended to 0-5. Against someone in the emerald league. WHAT GIVES
At first i thought it was gonna be impossible to go undefeated but its actually pretty easy. Maybe they could give a reward player each time you prestige and then give higher rated diamonds for going undefeated in the higher leagues.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 06:34 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti

they've made great improvements......but lets chill lol.

i dont think they've done an amazing job at all rewarding guys for playing the game......its just better than previous years. These collector levels are near impossible unless u can play the market, and even then its ridiculous. and there should be a heavy rotation of reward players for completing Dom/Historic Dom etc. not the same ones over and over again. I literally do not want any of the diamond rewards...and outside of steve francis and shawn marion, i dont want the amethyst. give us way more variety man. 1000s of guys have played in the NBA. Furthermore, i DO NOT want to play through blacktop to try and get those cards. that mode is so *** its not even funny.

What i think would make blacktop better? ive suggested this to wang and the myteam guys.....making blacktop 5 on 5 for an actual real streetball feel. being able to use PD wilt with bronze Tim Frazier would be amazing. no more cheese because of all that damn space on the court..........or shorten the court and keep 3v3.

i think the stat tracking is better than nothing.....but it could go a step further. I suggested soemthing more similar to fifa where you can see your whole roster in a list(like basketball reference or a box score) and see how your guys perform. and based on 1)your style of play 2)who you use most and 3)player performance, 2K can suggest 1)lineup rotations and 2)players you should buy from the AH to make your offense/defense play well. i realize this is miles away from what they are capable of for now....but its a suggestion nonetheless.

i dont know why practice hasnt been implemented in myteam. i do not wanna waste contracts trying to figure out rotations, plays, offensive sets, etc...against the CPU. i wanna do this in a scrimmage against CPU generated teams(or current/historic teams) that mirror what we face online.

they are STILL stingy with the MT. best thing so far, this year, was the Steph moments challenge for 10k. easiest 10k ive ever made playing 2k. we should be able to make a few hundred thousand just playing the damn game. FIFA and Madden make this possible.

Trades. yes, trades. you say, "but it will be exploited!" not if they actually spend the time coding correctly. if madden can do it, they can.

there is a ways to go and im not even scratching the surface on ideas.

Last edited by phriscaul; 11-12-2016 at 06:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »