Home

LeBron passed 27k for his career...and no moments/events card

This is a discussion on LeBron passed 27k for his career...and no moments/events card within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: LeBron passed 27k for his career...and no moments/events card

Bron's season high is 30 points and there hasn't been a ruby upgrade with a player scoring less than 40 IIRC.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #18
MVP

It is plain stupid.

They way the handle it is like ONLY points matter in the game. LBJ is not as charesmatic scorer as KD, or Carmelo but the best OVERALL player since MJ and Magic.

Draymond Green probably will never score 30 points this year

Is he going to stay an emerald like forever?
Old 11-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
Bron's season high is 30 points and there hasn't been a ruby upgrade with a player scoring less than 40 IIRC.
yeah but youre still stck on moments lol. there is a reason im including events into the discussion. the gave us RIP for nothing lbj is worth it
Old 11-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
It is plain stupid.

They way the handle it is like ONLY points matter in the game. LBJ is not as charesmatic scorer as KD, or Carmelo but the best OVERALL player since MJ and Magic.

Draymond Green probably will never score 30 points this year

Is he going to stay an emerald like forever?

well said bro. point well made. some guys are all-around. if youre 1 reb and 1 assist away from AVERAGING a triple double....and you dont have an updated card, you're not doing your job as a company imo. the ruby would last all year bc he plays a steady and consistent game. unless he explodes for 45, 17, and 12(which he likely will do) make that card the amethyst....but give us the ruby now bro cus his numbers are his numbers.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:45 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
yeah but youre still stck on moments lol. there is a reason im including events into the discussion. the gave us RIP for nothing lbj is worth it

I'm not stuck on anything really. I'm saying that he hasn't did enough based on their method to get a moments card. There isn't really much to discuss as far as event cards go. Hamilton's card was a Halloween thing IIRC. I'm not against a new Bron card(his sapphire isn't very useful for me) but I can see why there hasn't been one as far as moments go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
I'm not stuck on anything really. I'm saying that he hasn't did enough based on their method to get a moments card. There isn't really much to discuss as far as event cards go. Hamilton's card was a Halloween thing IIRC. I'm not against a new Bron card(his sapphire isn't very useful for me) but I can see why there hasn't been one as far as moments go.

but then you went right back to only moment hahaha.

a historical achievement for an event is just as good as an event(and moment) for a damn holloween rip card lol. its more than deserving.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #23
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

The Moments cards don't really make any sense and they are too random for all players. 2K did this to themselves by using this system as a partial replacement for the Dynamic Rating cards they had last year.

If Moments cards were handled in a way that made sense, some guys would have way too many by years end which is why they should amend this system and make it like FIFA's Team of the Week.

Some guys like Harden, LeBron, Westbrook, etc. could technically have a Moments card almost every game. FIFA also has Record Breaker cards and others for certain events, 2K should do this.

I agree that an event like hitting 27K points is deserving a Moments card, just like Chris Paul setting the Clippers franchise record for assists. 2K made the gap for upgrading cards too large, the tier upgrades for each moment lead to inaccurate ratings. It should be whatever they see fit. Chris Paul should get a boost to passing stats for his assist record, LeBron could get a scoring boost. The way they have it now they have to give them a flat rate boost to random categories to make him a certain tier.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 11-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
The Moments cards don't really make any sense and they are too random for all players. 2K did this to themselves by using this system as a partial replacement for the Dynamic Rating cards they had last year.

If Moments cards were handled in a way that made sense, some guys would have way too many by years end which is why they should amend this system and make it like FIFA's Team of the Week.

Some guys like Harden, LeBron, Westbrook, etc. could technically have a Moments card almost every game. FIFA also has Record Breaker cards and others for certain events, 2K should do this.

I agree that an event like hitting 27K points is deserving a Moments card, just like Chris Paul setting the Clippers franchise record for assists. 2K made the gap for upgrading cards too large, the tier upgrades for each moment lead to inaccurate ratings. It should be whatever they see fit. Chris Paul should get a boost to passing stats for his assist record, LeBron could get a scoring boost. The way they have it now they have to give them a flat rate boost to random categories to make him a certain tier.

pretty much agree with all of this. the boosts should just be indicative of the achievement as you said. I'd have no issue with this...and a ruby lebron with a scoring bump would probably be the regular card we should have anyway. If you didnt know anything about basketball and let 2K inform you on a player's ability, you'd think Lebron was absolutely trash with that sapphire card. such a shame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »