Home

Quitting MTO - too frustrating experience

This is a discussion on Quitting MTO - too frustrating experience within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2016, 06:37 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Quitting MTO - too frustrating experience

This thread has gotten pretty toxic and unnecessarily personal. Let's all try to keep in mind that, when someone is talking about their impressions of things in a general way, they're not personally attacking you or impugning your understanding of the game. So there's no need to get personal in denigrating them.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:08 PM   #34
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

Quitting MTO - too frustrating experience

Lol I'm glad the old dudes have all come out in this thread, as a 29 yo with a baby I'm glad others can relate to getting nagged by your SO for playing 2K too much. Nothing more frustrating than having a sleeping baby on you who wakes up and starts crying in the closing minutes of a close game. Probably shouldn't cuss under my breath so much and he wouldn't wake up haha.

My biggest problem with the game and also why I'm taking a step away for a while is the inconsistency. I never know who my players are going to act like from game to game thanks to the rubber banding. As someone else said, in 2k13 it felt like you could really learn your team and play to their strengths. This year, I never know who I'm getting game to game, and on top of that every player just plays the same. The Ray Allen tomahawk is a great example.

I choose Tony Parker as a reward because I used to love killing it with him in previous 2ks with deadly midrange shots and crafty layups, however it's been a huge disappointment as he gets blocked constantly. The fact that he's Tony Parker matters not, he's just a 6'1 PG with bad dunking stats. I'm sure someone will come on here and tell me I just suck and don't know how to play the game (even though I beat the 1 seed in 2k13-15). And then I get to see Steve Francis do 4-5 poster dunks on athletic centers in traffic that would be a seasons worth of highlights in one game.

This game is basically NBA Live 06.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #35
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Some people like making MT off the auction house, I sure do. Also, lets remember that it really isn't difficult just time consuming. Remember, we are competing in a market with 10 year olds, heh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 08:26 PM   #36
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Dude don't give up. I know its frustrating but once you go into every game with a specific scheme....everything becomes easier.

I felt the same way you did at first. Then i dug into some playbooks, labbed everything and came up with a few core plays and freelance sets that changed everything for me.

First of all:

1) Do you have a Defensive Anchor on your team? This is very important because it helps your team play better on defense. I recommend Sapphire Kawhi.

2) What type of offense do you run? And are you running plays? My offense is built around 3pt plays and post plays. If you can get open, you're gonna hit 70% of open shots. There are lots of good freelances this year and im amazed at the great job Da Czar did with them. If you can develop an actual offense and not that ADHD turbo style that most people play with, they wont know what to do. It's high level stuff.

3) Take advantage of mismatches: If i see James Edwards at C on my opponent's team....im going to the post 80% of the game. His defense is terrible. But i know this because i study every player's ratings. If he has Diamond George Mikan.....im gonna PnR him to death. Just because some cards are diamonds don't mean they don't have weaknesses.

4) Call timeouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I can't stress this enough. The momentum system in 2K17 is really beefed up this year for some reason. I can literally predict what will happen on the next possession once i see the momentum kick in. Not only do TOs kill their momentum....but it helps freshen up your players throughout the game. Fatigue really matters.

5) Limit your turnovers at all costs: This year the transition defense is bad in a different way. Last year people could get straight to the hoop in transition....but now the 3pt shot is wide open 80% of the time on the fastbreak. I've seen it so many times. If my opponent turns the ball over....my SG and SF run straight to the corner 3. One outlet pass and its an easy bucket everytime.

Hang in there man. Everything will come together soon. I thought it was impossible to ever go undefeated in the higher leagues, but now i've done it twice and got 2 Amethyst reward players. I do like how 2K rewards us for actually playing the game now and winning. Most of my MT comes from league reward packs etc.

Try out the Mavs playbook. It's really my key to winning online. I play at a really slow pace and rarely take shots with more than 10 seconds left on the shot clock so it depends on your style. But this playbook has everything i could ever ask for in it. Some of the plays are extremely difficult to stop and most MTO players have no idea whats going on. Hang in there man.....im glad i did and I can say that "smart" or "sim" basketball does get rewarded.

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-15-2016, 02:04 AM   #37
MVP

I'm 32 and divorced lol I understand where you guys are coming from but I feel like this is one of my only opportunities to brag about being alone hahaha

I do find players that focus on D like the guy above me are harder to beat then anyone else

Last edited by Foldzy; 11-15-2016 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:48 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I'm 32 and divorced lol I understand where you guys are coming from but I feel like this is one of my only opportunities to brag about being alone hahaha

I do find players that focus on D like the guy above me are harder to beat then anyone else
seems like you'll have more time on your hands lol.

my wife literally binge watches a ton of shows so i just play then haha
Old 11-15-2016, 11:49 AM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
i dont think you have a clue about what you speak....

firstly, the mindset isnt correct. the entire sentiment echoed throughout this community, is that they are now starting to cash grab with these expensive packs while lacking ways to make MT. secondly, the foundation of your opinion is based on PC. the PC market, and console markets, are literally night and day difference. thirdly, I dont think you understand how quickly you can gain MT if you know what to look for. You spend time whining about not wanting to be in the market. i've made 50k in the time it took me to read this, type this, proof read this, and send this. the sad thing is, you think you know what you're talking about. until you spend time on the market sniping, dont lecture people about how much they waste their time.

Some of us, just know what we are doing.

Also, as pointed out to you. The market is all supply and demand. nobody wants basic silvers and bronze anymore....so their prices have dropped dramatically. right now, everybody wants wiggins and are willing to pay a good price to have him. i know this. i snipe him. i win. you cry about it.
Did they unban you?

Hey, if you want to say you only spend 5-10 minutes a day and you made 50k MT doing it then congrats. It's not hard to make MT in this game. I just have a job and when I get home tired I prefer to enjoy my limited gaming then to waste any of it trying to make MT.

I admit, I got addicted to it. I don't want to get sucked into the AH grind. This game already has too many grinds.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:54 AM   #40
Pro

Also, if you could sell that MT it would be worth something. But since you can't. Worthless.

I made close to $1,500 selling MT from the 2-3 weeks I spent grinding the AH. Some of you kids forget, time is finite.

Last edited by sk8board; 11-15-2016 at 11:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »